Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default X-Solicits for May 2018

May have skipped some

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...cits-may-2018/

X-MEN RED #4 LEG
    (W) Tom Taylor (A) Mahmud A. Asrar (CA) Travis Charest
    JEAN GREY and her team of X-Men are trying to save the world…but one mutant could spoil that for everyone. When an old friend of Jean’s is corrupted and turned against her, will Jean have to do the unthinkable? (STL079611)
    32pgs, FC SRP: $3.99

X-MEN RED ANNUAL #1
    (W) Tom Taylor (A) Pascal Alixe (CA) Art Adams
    After Resurrection. Before Red. Jean Grey was reborn in a world that had changed. Her friends and family had lived lives. Some had lost lives. This is Jean’s story of catching up losses and triumphs. Reconnecting with old colleagues, grieving for those lots, and meeting family members she didn’t know existed. (STL081611)
    32pgs SRP: $3.99
    MAR180910

CABLE #157 LEG
    (W) Ed Brisson (A) German Peralta (CA) Daniel Warren Johnson
    PAST FEARS Part 3—CABLE RETURNS TO THE HELLFIRE HUNT! But will he be able to find sanctuary from a techno-organic villain from the far future? And will it have anything to do with these other Cables from different timelines? All this… plus, the return of Cable’s half-brother, X-MAN! (STL079569)
    MAR180912

DOMINO #2
    (W) Gail Simone (A) David Baldeon (CA) Greg Land
    UNLUCKY STARS—Marvel’s #1 soldier of fortune’s luck has finally gone south… turning her life as a mercenary upside down! Plus: Who is Domino’s evil counterpart? Guest-starring AMADEUS CHO! (STL079574)
    MAR180913

NEW MUTANTS: DEAD SOULS #3 (OF 6) LEG
    (W) Matthew Rosenberg (A) Adam Gorham (CA) Ryan Stegman
    DEAD SOULS Part 3—Flying is the worst, but just imagine flying as a New Mutant! The team has five minutes to save a plane from crashing into a mountain… and it certainly doesn’t help that all the passengers are trying to stop them, too! (STL079587)
    32pgs (3 of 6) SRP: $3.99
    MAR180914

EXILES #3
    (W) Saladin Ahmed (A) Javier Rodriguez (CA) David Marquez
    CAPTAIN CARTER KILLS THE RED SKULL! That’s her mission, anyway! The fan-favorite Captain America — Peggy Carter of the Marvel Puzzle Quest game — faces off against an apocalyptically armed Red Skull! And the Exiles are just in time to join the fight — ’cuz they’ve been kicked off their mission! There’s a new team of Watchers in town, and they’re cracking down on the Exiles’ interference in the timestream — even if it means the death of everything. Can the Exiles salvage Peggy Carter’s world, fix the Tallus and get back to saving reality before the Time-Eater tracks them down again? (STL079575)
    MAR180918

TRUE BELIEVERS KITTY PRYDE AND WOLVERINE #1
    Reprinting Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #1! (STL081541)
    32pgs SRP: $1.00
    MAR180919
    TRUE BELIEVERS WOLVERINE SWORD QUEST #1
    Reprinting Wolverine (1988) #1! (STL081542)
    MAR180920

TRUE BELIEVERS WOLVERINE VS SABRETOOTH #1
    Reprinting Wolverine (1988) #10! (STL081544)
    MAR180921
    TRUE BELIEVERS WOLVERINE BLOOD HUNGRY #1
    Marvel Comics Presents (1988) #85-87! (STL081545)
    MAR180922

TRUE BELIEVERS WOLVERINE FATAL ATTRACTIONS #1
    Reprinting X-Men (1991) #25! (STL081546)
    48pgs SRP: $1.00
    MAR180923

TRUE BELIEVERS WOLVERINE DYING GAME #1
    Reprinting Wolverine (1988) #90! (STL081547)
    MAR180924

TRUE BELIEVERS WOLVERINE VS VENOM #1
    Reprinting Venom: Tooth and Claw #1! (STL081548)
    MAR180925

TRUE BELIEVERS WOLVERINE: THE BROTHERS #1
    Reprinting Wolverine (2003) #1! (STL081549)
    MAR180926

TRUE BELIEVERS WOLVERINE: EVOLUTION #1
    Reprinting Wolverine (2003) #50! (STL081550)
    MAR180927

TRUE BELIEVERS WOLVERINE EXILES #1
    Reprinting Exiles (2001) #1! (STL081551)
    48pgs SRP: $1.00
    MAR180928

X-MEN GOLD #27 LEG
    (W) Marc Guggenheim (A) Paulo Siqueira (CA) Ryan Stegman
    PREPARE FOR THE WEDDING OF THE CENTURY! LYDIA NANCE, the anti-mutant lobbyist, and 0101, the most advanced Sentinel on the planet, have found each other. Their goal? Kill the X-Men — starting with COLOSSUS. (STL079609)

X-MEN GOLD #28 LEG
    (W) Marc Guggenheim (A) Diego Bernard, Paul Renaud (CA) David Yardin
    THE COUNTDOWN TO THE MUTANT WEDDING OF THE CENTURY! Everything is going wrong. The X-Men are under attack from all sides… and there’s still a wedding to plan! (STL079610)

X-MEN WEDDING SPECIAL #1
    Written by MARC GUGGENHEIM, KELLY THOMPSON & CHRIS CLAREMONT
    Art by GREG LAND, MARIKA CRESTA & MORE
    Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
    On-Sale 5/16/18
    CHRIS CLAREMONT RETURNS TO THE X-MEN! One of the biggest milestone events in X-Men history is almost here! Kitty Pryde and Colossus are finally about the tie the knot… but what’s a wedding without the respective bachelor and bachelorette parties? Join Marc Guggenheim and Kelly Thompson for two parties that can only be celebrated Marvel style! All this, plus, a Kitty and Colossus story by legendary X-Men scribe, Chris Claremont!!! (STL080938
    Item SRP: $4.99
    MAR180932

OLD MAN LOGAN #39 LEG
    (W) Ed Brisson (A) Dalibor Talajic (CA) Mike Deodato
    LOGAN isn’t healing the way he used to. Something is wrong — recent fights are leaving their marks, in ways he’s never experienced before. Beaten down, Logan goes to the one people he thought he could always count on for help… The X-MEN. But when an old pupil of Logan’s asks for his help, it’s Logan’s enemies who will learn the hardest lesson: This old dog still has bite. (STL079589)
    MAR180933

OLD MAN LOGAN #40 LEG
    (W) Ed Brisson (A) Dalibor Talajic (CA) Mike Deodato
    The Xavier Institute is under attack and it’s all GLOB HERMAN’s fault! How did this walking, talking lump of bio-paraffin bring a whole horde of X-Men villains down on their heads? And will LOGAN be able to save the day? (STL079953)
    MAR180934

ROGUE & GAMBIT #5 (OF 5) LEG
    (W) Kelly Thompson (A) Pere Perez (CA) Kris Anka
    It’s ROGUE and GAMBIT vs. LAVISH for all the marbles (nobody cares about marbles anymore, but it’s still a great saying, just go with it)! The stakes in Paraíso couldn’t be higher — the fates of innocent mutants, Rogue and Gambit, AND the hottest relationship in the Marvel Universe — all hang in the balance! Does being together make Rogue & Gambit unstoppable? Or does it doom their mission and everyone they’re trying to save? When the dust settles WHO and WHAT will be left standing? (STL079593)
    32pgs, FC (5 of 5) SRP: $3.99
    MAR180935

LEGION #5 (OF 5) LEG
    (W) Peter Milligan (A) Wilfredo Torres (CA) Javier Rodriguez
    With everything on the line, Dr. Hannah Jones must now confront a creature from her own mind! What is the grotesque entity known as Bessie Doll? And even if she does overcome Bessie Doll and Lord Trauma…will she ever escape Legion’s twisted mindscape? (STL079580) (STL079580)
    32pgs, FC (5 of 5) SRP: $3.99
    MAR180936

ALL NEW WOLVERINE #35 LEG
    (W) Tom Taylor (A) Ramon Rosanas (CA) David Lopez
    The world has been saved. Its people, never happier. The Wolverine should be retired, enjoying her time ruling Madripoor and living life with her sister. But instead Laura is in the last bastion of cruelty: Latveria. She has one more mission: One person to save, one person to kill. It all comes down to this. (STL079564)
    MAR180938

X-MEN BLUE #27 LEG
    (W) Cullen Bunn (A/CA) Jorge Molina
    With the Original Five X-Men lost in space, a new team of mutants has emerged to face the White Queen, Havok, Miss Sinister and Bastion! But while the new X-Men are away, the Marauders will play, striking viciously at Magneto. Magneto is forced to make a terrible decision, leading him ever closer to the darkness he has tried to put behind him. (STL079607)
    MAR180939

X-MEN BLUE #28 LEG
    (W) Cullen Bunn (A) R. B. Silva (CA) Mike Choi
    The conclusion of the Mothervine story! The ultimate fate of the White Queen and Havok revealed! Magneto reveals a secret plan – and secret allies – to counter the chaos caused by Mothervine! But some of the new X-Men will not make it out of this adventure alive! (STL079608)
    MAR180940

ASTONISHING X-MEN #11 LEG
    (W) Charles Soule (A/CA) Aco
    XAVIER VERSUS PROTEUS! In the penultimate issue of this high-stakes X-Men story, PROTEUS and CHARLES XAVIER face off in a psychic battle for the ages with nothing less than the fate of all free-thinking people at stake. With PSYLOCKE, GAMBIT, ROGUE, OLD MAN LOGAN and BISHOP by his side, will this team of heavy hitters be able to take Proteus down once and for all? (STL079567)
    MAR180942

WEAPON X #17 LEG
    (W) Greg Pak, Fred Van Lente (A) Roland Boschi, Andrea Sorrentino (CA) Eric Canete
    SABRETOOTH’S IN CHARGE Part 1—After the shocking events of the last issue, Old Man Logan can’t lead the team anymore! This ain’t a popularity contest, it’s about who’s the biggest dog in the yard… and Warpath won’t be happy about it! (STL079606)
    MAR180943

WEAPON X #18 LEG
    (W) Greg Pak, Fred Van Lente (A) Roland Boschi, Andrea Sorrentino (CA) Eric Canete
    SABRETOOTH’S IN CHARGE Part 2—It’s Sabretooth’s first mission as field leader! The team’s first target? OMEGA RED!
    • Can Sabretooth succeed where Logan failed? (STL080047)
    MAR180944

WEAPON H #3 LEG
    (W) Greg Pak (A) Cory Smith (CA) Leinil Francis Yu
    Weapon H is still on the lam, but that won’t stop Roxxon from finding our Hulkverine. So who do you send in to root him out? Get ready for Weapon H vs.… the Brood!!! (STL079605)

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'm excited to see the covers.

Also, Exiles sounds damn good. It sounds like they're doing everything that I would expect the Exiles to do. Now I just need someone to die in the first issue, and be promptly replaced.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Just when I thought I could drop Weapon X, they make Sabretooth the central figure. Granted, Pak's Sabretooth is still awful, but sometimes a bad version of what you like is better than none at all...
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

BANNED

Blue & Red's books sound MOST enticing, AND X-citing, to me. So that's what I'll be picking up.

Archangel being omitted from Astonishing 11's solicit, tho, I find somewhat worrisome.

X-MEN RED ANNUAL #1
    (W) Tom Taylor (A) Pascal Alixe (CA) Art Adams
    After Resurrection. Before Red. Jean Grey was reborn in a world that had changed. Her friends and family had lived lives. Some had lost lives. This is Jean’s story of catching up losses and triumphs. Reconnecting with old colleagues, grieving for those lots, and meeting family members she didn’t know existed. (STL081611)
    MAR180910
    This, Mystery in Madripoor and maybe ANW are the only things I'm really interested in for May. Not much detail given for the Hunt For Wolverine minis though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Blue sounds so much better with the new cast. Hope they stick around. Oh, shoot, one of them will bite the dust according to the solicitations. Probably the least known one. which is a shame, because I like Gazing Nightshade already.

Gold got rid of the temporary team quite quickly. If it was up to me, they would have stayed. Now, lets hope Kitty and Peter go on a long honeymoon and Rogue and Iceman will fill in their spots.

Red sounds nice, but I wonder if it will really be as exciting as it seems.

Weapon X sounds great. Good OML left (at least that's what it sounds like) the team. Now who will take his place?

Weapon H, I am still not sure about. If it's suppose to be an X-book, why not have anyone of the X-Verse, hero or villain, make an appearance in it?

Cable return of X-Man? Wow! Let's hope it not another alternative version, but the real one.

Domino sounds like a fun book
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 02-22-2018 at 07:00 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

So I'll be buying most of these except for Weapon H.
    OML, Cable, Gold and Astonishing are the best of the bunch. I expect Domino to be really good as well.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Just getting red and the annual. I really hate them for replacing x-men blue's lineup for a whole arc, we really don't get that many Cyclops that much anyways to get him to sit out of two different books.

BANNED

I see BC caught their mistake about there not being an All-New Wolverine in May and corrected the article lead.

I find it mildly amusing they could be confused by a hyphen.

Gold remains the same dealing with marriage and the villains created by the writer.

Blue has more things interests for me without the O5 but I'm afraid of the fate of Emma and Havok .

Red remains my hope for something innovative to save this year.

All New Wolverine will probably end with Logan's return but I'm at peace with that since always knew that one day it would happen. I just hope that if this is the final story they end it with a big bang worthy of Laura and Gabby.

Cable and X-man? This is going to be interesting.

I'm looking forward for X-Men Red Annual .

Glad Xman is showing up in Cable, especially since they've said that Jean and hope will appear in some issues, hope they have a family reunion (obviously, teen Jean and Rachel will not be included)

BANNED

Looks like all eyes move to June now, in regards to a "Fresh Start," for the Mutants. With both Blue & Gold's #29+30's, Astonishing's #12, and Red's #5 (putting it almost @ the 1/2 way mark already, of its 1st arc) ALL hitting then, at the same time, seems a more opportune time couldn't be had... should be interesting, I hope.

*heavy sigh*

Okay.

Loving the solicits for May. The Gold issues, the Wedding issue, and Red Annual are the ones I'm looking forward to the most, but I'm also excited to see more of the new team in Blue, to see X-Man appear in Cable, to get into the Domino series, to see how Rogue/Gambit ends, and to read the penultimate issue of Astonishing. So much to look forward to!

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Looks like all eyes move to June now, in regards to a "Fresh Start," for the Mutants. With both Blue & Gold's #29+30's, Astonishing's #12, and Red's #5 (putting it almost @ the 1/2 way mark already, of its 1st arc) ALL hitting then, at the same time, seems a more opportune time couldn't be had... should be interesting, I hope.
    Yeah, the X-Men's relaunch will be in July. ResurrXion phase III?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman