Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I'm sure Guggenheim's goal is to make Kitty the most unlikeable X-Man ever. That's the only explanation.
    And he is very successful in that, we must admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Good call. Seems to really be the case. Looking at pix of some of the editors, they look younger than the writers they're supposed to supervise. I can definitely can see them modding and going with the flow because "Well, they been hear longer than me."

Weapon X is a mess, but editor Chris Robinson -looks like a younger guy, seems to love the crap Pak and Fred write. Which makes me really put no weight on his words in the email I got from him.
    And what kind of response did you get from him? If you can share...

I'm sure Guggenheim's goal is to make Kitty the most unlikeable X-Man ever. That's the only explanation.
    Well he still has some work to do...but I can see he is determined.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    And what kind of response did you get from him? If you can share...
    It was nothing big. I just wrote to Marvel about the mistreatment of one of my few favorite characters. He responded there were a lot of changes coming this year for said character that he hoped would be in line with what I was looking for.

And looking at what we have being released, I'm not taking those words to mean much.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-01-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post

You have me drenched in tears of laughter malachi
    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    LMAOOO

Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Astonishing Member

Okay, I see people's complaints and I get where they're coming from. And I get why people would not like this series. But I just can't seem to dislike it.

The series just feels like X-Men to me. And I haven't gotten that vibe from a comic in a long time.

I know, I'm too nostalgic.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Well he still has some work to do...but I can see he is determined.
    That would imply he actually does something. No tears, just tea.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Okay, I see people's complaints and I get where they're coming from. And I get why people would not like this series. But I just can't seem to dislike it.

The series just feels like X-Men to me. And I haven't gotten that vibe from a comic in a long time.

I know, I'm too nostalgic.
    How does this feel like xmen beyond the fact xmen characters are being used?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Yep. X-Characters are being used. But if they're complete ooc, then seems to be X-Men in name only -with characters going by the names and designs (sometimes not even that) of character we usually love. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-01-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

I don't know. It's hard to explain. Maybe it's the pacing. Maybe there's a feeling of Claremontian melodrama to it. Or maybe it's the cast of largely older characters. Maybe it's because they don't seem to be building up to some extinction event or showdown with some other hero group.

Something about it just feels like back in the '90s when I was a kid reading X-Men comics or watching the Fox cartoon (not as much as X-Men '92, but let's not open that old wound).

Granted, when it comes to Kitty's beef with Callisto, I just figured something happened between them when I wasn't reading regularly. When I was a kid reading X-Men, it was like watching a daytime soap opera. You just accepted they were referencing things you hadn't read and went along with it.

BANNED

He actually thinks that writing all of the other characters so badly will make Kitty shine. It just makes people hate her to see their favorites written down to prop her up. I mean, when you have to go the lengths he does to make everybody look like idiots just to try and sell her to the readership, it just shows how much of a C-lister her character really is. I used to feel indifferent towards Kitty. I didn't like her or hate her as I could take her or leave her. Now, I can't stand the character.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    He actually thinks that writing all of the other characters so badly will make Kitty shine. It just makes people hate her to see their favorites written down to prop her up. I mean, when you have to go the lengths he does to make everybody look like idiots just to try and sell her to the readership, it just shows how much of a C-lister her character really is. I used to feel indifferent towards Kitty. I didn't like her or hate her as I could take her or leave her. Now, I can't stand the character.
    I still like the character - the writer, however...

A good writer is perfectly capable of making a character shine without burning down the other characters around her to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I still like the character - the writer, however...

A good writer is perfectly capable of making a character shine without burning down the other characters around her to do it.
    Are we sure burning is the appropriate term?
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Astonishing Member

He did make Mesmero shine, the only character who will come out looking good from this book

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Are we sure burning is the appropriate term?
    No, but then I’m not sure of anything with this book anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.