Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think it went from being astonishing to red.. But I could be wrong..
    Nah, I always think its been Gold, unfortunataly

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but gold is going nowhere, red at least looks like has direction and purpose.

Pretty solid issue. I think I liked it even more than the first. I complained that, in the first issue, Taylor could have used more text, interactions... Make the characters talk more, use the pages he had. This issue I felt he corrected that. The characters felt more real and I really feel that they work well together. Although it is a little bit strange to only see one onde full adult with Jean in this kind of polytical story. Waiting for the addition of Gambit and Namor in the main plot.

I like the funny beats of Gabby, but I would prefer if Taylor tonned it down a little bit. The line between cute and annoying is very thin.

Asrar's art is competent, although this is not his best work.

And I love Kurt here. So much better written than in Gold. Trinary is very likeable already and I'm happy that, although Jean Grey is the leader and protagonist, this does not feel like "the Jean Grey solo book", like Gold feels with Kitty.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Very unfortunate but are any of the other books deung driven by what is told in Gold. They all seem pretty stand alone honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    but gold is going nowhere, red at least looks like has direction and purpose.
    The purpose is to show why all must workship kitty the direction is towards the wedding of all weddings since the big bang.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I knew it would happen, just not this fast. I knew once Gabby was added to the roster, folks would get annoyed with her. She flew under the radar being in Laura's book, but now she in the scopes of the rabid X-fanbase.
    All fan bases are rabid. It’s their defining characteristic. As far as Gabby goes, I don’t mind her - she’s still fairly new. As much as folks moan and complain about “nostalgia wank” and “this wank” and “that wank” (can you tell I hate that term?) and wanting more focus on new characters, they really mean “the ‘newer than the veterans’ characters that I like”. But then when a brand new character comes along, folks are critical of them. It’s a cycle, constantly repeated.

Also, Gabby’s a young adolescent. As the parent of a teenager I can tell you that they CAN be annoying. They can’t help it, they’re wired that way. They’re hormonal, angst-filled, acne-covered drama tornadoes. But they grow out of it (mostly).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    Pretty solid issue. I think I liked it even more than the first. I complained that, in the first issue, Taylor could have used more text, interactions... Make the characters talk more, use the pages he had. This issue I felt he corrected that. The characters felt more real and I really feel that they work well together. Although it is a little bit strange to only see one onde full adult with Jean in this kind of polytical story. Waiting for the addition of Gambit and Namor in the main plot.

I like the funny beats of Gabby, but I would prefer if Taylor tonned it down a little bit. The line between cute and annoying is very thin.

Asrar's art is competent, although this is not his best work.

And I love Kurt here. So much better written than in Gold. Trinary is very likeable already and I'm happy that, although Jean Grey is the leader and protagonist, this does not feel like "the Jean Grey solo book", like Gold feels with Kitty.
    I think that if you look at panel time, Jean and Kitty probably have the same amount, maybe Jean even has more. The difference is that Taylor makes so the time spent on the other characters make a difference, while Guggs just makes the others useless so Kitty can save the day by herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    All fan bases are rabid. It’s their defining characteristic. As far as Gabby goes, I don’t mind her - she’s still fairly new. As much as folks moan and complain about “nostalgia wank” and “this wank” and “that wank” (can you tell I hate that term?) and wanting more focus on new characters, they really mean “the ‘newer than the veterans’ characters that I like”. But then when a brand new character comes along, folks are critical of them. It’s a cycle, constantly repeated.

Also, Gabby’s a young adolescent. As the parent of a teenager I can tell you that they CAN be annoying. They can’t help it, they’re wired that way. They’re hormonal, angst-filled, acne-covered drama tornadoes. But they grow out of it (mostly).
    I actually think she is cute and love her as addition to the team. How old is she supposed to be? She comes across like she is 12 which I think is a bit too young to be in situations the xmen would see day to day.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think that if you look at panel time, Jean and Kitty probably have the same amount, maybe Jean even has more. The difference is that Taylor makes so the time spent on the other characters make a difference, while Guggs just makes the others useless so Kitty can save the day by herself.
    Yeah, Guggenhorrible doesn't mind doing anything interesting with the others. When he eventually tries, it is just plain boring.

I actually think she is cute and love her as addition to the team. How old is she supposed to be? She comes across like she is 12 which I think is a bit too young to be in situations the xmen would see day to day.
    How young were Kitty and Jubilee again when they became X-Men?
    Considering Gabby's a Wolverine clone/offspring/spawn, having her in these situations where the enemy is only knocked out and zip tied up or loses a few digits is pretty tame.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

If she is then she’s carrying on a grand tradition. Jubilee was ostensibly 12 when she first encountered the X-ladies in UXM #244. And I don’t think Kitty was much older than that when Chuck came knocking on her door for the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

If she is then she’s carrying on a grand tradition. Jubilee was ostensibly 12 when she first encountered the X-ladies in UXM #244. And I don’t think Kitty was much older than that when Chuck came knocking on her door for the first time.
    Kitty was 13.5 in the DPS, right about 14 when she actually joins.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    How young were Kitty and Jubilee again when they became X-Men?
    Considering Gabby's a Wolverine clone/offspring/spawn, having her in these situations where the enemy is only knocked out and zip tied up or loses a few digits is pretty tame.
    Yea I think it's pretty irresponsible for an adult to approve this despite the history behind it. That's a lot to take on as a preteen aside the physical and emotional changes kids at that age go through.

Yea I think it's pretty irresponsible for an adult to approve this despite the history behind it. That's a lot to take on as a preteen aside the physical and emotional changes kids at that age go through.
    To be fair, Jubilee invited herself.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    To be fair, Jubilee invited herself.
    Children should not have a say, invite or not. Her invite should have been met with a swift and unwavering no until she was old enough to engage in battle.

Children should not have a say, invite or not. Her invite should have been met with a swift and unwavering no until she was old enough to engage in battle.
    Jubilee literally jumped in their teleportation portal unnoticed, and hid in the shadows of the Outback base(undetectable to Psylocke) until only Logan was left(and then she saved him from the Reavers/Deathstrike). She had a special circumstance.