Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

I think some people might have issue with Trinary's actions in the comic because we are not shown why or given a real idea of her motivations. She says what they are and why she did what she did, but since we don't see any of the things she talks about (instead having to find the info on the net) it doesn't allow us to accurately assess if what she did was right or not. But I'm just speculating her so...yeah.

That is a fair point but the solution is to do the research like I just did instead of claiming fallacies and casting aspersions on the writer.

Took me 5 minutes to google and find that Taylor was quoting a real percentage so anyone else could have done it. I at least know Taylor did some research whereas it appears his critics just lazily made assumptions without seeking to validate any of those assumptions.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I don't have a problem with the numbers; I had a problem with the morality of the actions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I don't have a problem with the numbers; I had a problem with the morality of the actions.
    What she did was perfectly just. Morality does not equal legality. Or are you saying you think of Robin Hood as a villain?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    What she did was perfectly just. Morality does not equal legality. Or are you saying you think of Robin Hood as a villain?
    Robin Hood took from the corrupt leaders of his society and gave it back to the innocent people who it was taken from in the first place which makes him a hero. As I said how the panels are written it seems that Trinary's actions affected innocent people as well.

BANNED

Tom Taylor and Mahmud Asrar, proudly present: RightJean.

accused of terrorism. check.
    use kids in battle. check.
    use violence against the state. check.
    attacks on police officers. check.
    releases mutants from prison and attacks on police officers. check.
    supports the criminals. check.
    fugitive. check.
    Marxist. check.

LOL Welcome, RightJean.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I don't think there is any similarities between what Jean is doing and what Cyclops did.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I’m on the fence with this issue. The gender pay gap is both immoral and indefensible, but at the same time we don’t just get to pick and choose the laws we feel like following. That’s the road to chaos.

Plus there’s the small matter of Trinary saddling Jean and the team with more trouble they don’t need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Child of Rage and Love comedy_and_tragedy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    I'm kinda divided (7/10). I was hoping for a more mature book, especially after issue 1.

I might drop it.
    Yes, because assassination, anti mutant marches and violence, abduction, and people wanting a race exterminated is all sunshine and rainbows.
    "I am no beast. For one thing, I am neither blue nor hairy."

BANNED

Robin Hood took from the corrupt leaders of his society and gave it back to the innocent people who it was taken from in the first place which makes him a hero. As I said how the panels are written it seems that Trinary's actions affected innocent people as well.
    The reading I came away with was that she targeted the ones most likely to be the policy-makers that impose the disparity. Singh specifically told her that she made a lot of "powerful men look small," so it's highly unlikely she hurt innocents.

I kinda had a problem with Trinary's crime. The dialogue is written so it appears she stole money from ALL the men in India which would include the middle-class and lower-class ones, which made her actions feel less Robin Hood-like. Stew in jail for a while, kid.
    I'm confused how you got the impression Trinary took money from every Indian man. I just double-checked and she said she took the money from the top 25 highest earning CEOs in the country. Certainly we can debate the morality of that or we could see follow-up on how that sort of feel-good activism can have negative consequences on the lower class, but she didn't take from every man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I’m on the fence with this issue. The gender pay gap is both immoral and indefensible, but at the same time we don’t just get to pick and choose the laws we feel like following. That’s the road to chaos.

Plus there’s the small matter of Trinary saddling Jean and the team with more trouble they don’t need.
    So you would supoort slavery as long as its the law?
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I’m on the fence with this issue. The gender pay gap is both immoral and indefensible, but at the same time we don’t just get to pick and choose the laws we feel like following.
    That's literally what the X-Men do; they're a vigilante group. Theft, assault, B&E, destruction of property, etc. because laws/law enforcement either aren't adequate to address issues of mutant discrimination or are actively enforcing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The reading I came away with was that she targeted the ones most likely to be the policy-makers that impose the disparity. Singh specifically told her that she made a lot of "powerful men look small," so it's highly unlikely she hurt innocents.
    I thought the obvious take away was the fact it only took taking money from 25 CEOs speaks to the huge income income inequality. Not sure why anyone would think these folks were innocent.

If you can't lead a revolution without spilling blood, what are you fighting against?