Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I'm very bad at predicting the direction these threads will go.
    Nostradamus couldn’t have predicted where this thread went.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I think you could post "There are twelve inches in a foot" and someone would reply with "That's just the liberal media lying" or "That's an alt right conspiracy".
    I mean, who's to say it isn't a conspiracy? Who even invented inches?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Some filthy Brit! Not even an American! Who could trust such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Some Roman guy who wanted to quantify the average amount of a Gaul’s skin he could carve off in one torture session.*

*citation needed
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Someone brought up the point earlier that Cassandra could be manipulating pro mutant activists too and I am wondering if she actually manipulated X-23 too.

X-23 hacking off that guys fingers just feels out of touch with where she is now and Taylor is writing her inher own title.

Maybe Cassandra is manipulating everywhere.

I am trying to be optmistic as I have very mixed feelings about this book so far, the bizarre inclusion of the gender pay gap didn't help BUT if it's mention was intended to "trigger" the kind of reactions in this thread it makes me more optimistic where this book might be going.

I am really hope that Jean will be about bringing people together. If anyone should be able to see humanity in even the worst people or just people with different views to her it should be the X-Men's version of Jesus.

Jeansus a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    lol, seriously? cnn has been busted fabricating things. they've had to issue apologies due to it. if you want to say fox has an agenda, i would never argue, but mainstream media is not that credible
    Lol. Some reporters made mistakes. Out of 1,000,000 accurate stories.

And now an entire network is not credible. And woah all of mainstream media is not credible, too. Get real dude.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post
    Someone brought up the point earlier that Cassandra could be manipulating pro mutant activists too and I am wondering if she actually manipulated X-23 too.

X-23 hacking off that guys fingers just feels out of touch with where she is now and Taylor is writing her inher own title.

I am trying to be optmistic as I have very mixed feelings about this book so far, the bizarre inclusion of the gender pay gap didn't help BUT if it's mention was intended to "trigger" the kind of reactions in this thread it makes me more optimistic where this book might be going.

I am really hope that Jean will be about bringing people together. If anyone should be able to see humanity in even the worst people or just people with different views to her it should be the X-Men's version of Jesus.

Jeansus a thing?
    This is actually the second time Taylor has written Laura cutting off someone’s fingers. She did it to a goon in ANW’s first arc. She was criticized for it then, and she didn’t care. So I really doubt Nova had anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by blanchett View Post

Jeansus a thing?
    That was my theory, but I don’t think Laura has anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Lol. Some reporters made mistakes. Out of 1,000,000 accurate stories.

And now an entire network is not credible. And woah all of mainstream media is not credible, too. Get real dude.
    it happens a lot. and they didn't make a mistake, they manipulated film to show a completely different story. they got busted for it. please, look it up. but again, i'd like to drop this since it's not really on topic anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    [B]

I believe the majority of people disagreeing with the pay gap just don't communicate that initial point very well. There is obviously income disparity in given situations, they're just trying to communicate that the main reason isn't simply because one person has a penis and the other has a vagina.
    Thank you.

Too bad about gentle; the thing that bugs me about the newer mutants, is that they can’t have their ability without having some bizarre side effect that pretty much limits them right out of the gate. I’m gonna be sorely dissapointed if gentle turns out to be the wonder man of this team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Too bad about gentle; the thing that bugs me about the newer mutants, is that they can’t have their ability without having some bizarre side effect that pretty much limits them right out of the gate. I’m gonna be sorely dissapointed if gentle turns out to be the wonder man of this team.
    TBH, some of them (*cough*Elixir*cough*) it may be the only way to make them work in a story because they're so broken.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    the highest tier of super human strength generally have negative side effects

Hulk is a Jekyll/Hyde character, the Thing looks like a very unattractive stone creature, Sasquatch used to have animalistic rampages, Thor used to need to not be separated from his hammer for a few minutes or he would become Dr Donald Blake, Gladiator is as strong as his selfconfidence etc etc

I agree the pain thing of Gentle isnt very smart, but then Taylor didnt create the character.