Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    HAHAHAHA that is a good one

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Well.. the prison scenes weren't too bad. I'm curious why the girls have such beef with Kitty, besides the obvious reasons. And yeah, that looked like Anima and Bliss for sure.

I also appreciate the follow up from Iceman's book but enough with Ink. I'm all for writers favoring their creations and every character, especially the students, deserve a shot but at least do it organically. There is absolutely no reason why Ink would be asked to be Iceman's team. And speaking of Iceman, Guggenheim knows that he didn't move right? Why is he acting like he hasn't been at the institute, he never left?
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

I do not know if it is because Kitty was not the center of attention, but it is one of the few times that I like GOLD. The provisional (or permanent?) Team that Gold will have, they focused a lot on them, and I do not think they felt bad. , Rogue seemed wonderful to me, and being my favorite I enjoyed it.

Of course I can be influenced by the joy this week that RoguenadGambit3 XD gave me, but in truth GOLD did not appreciate me unpleasant this week.

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    I also appreciate the follow up from Iceman's book but enough with Ink. I'm all for writers favoring their creations and every character, especially the students, deserve a shot but at least do it organically. There is absolutely no reason why Ink would be asked to be Iceman's team.
    What gets me is that Guggenheim also created Cipher - an objectively better character whom he doesn’t push anywhere near as hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Seeing Rogue and Bobby interacting are the things I like the most, they have a very large chemistry of friends, I missed them in the same team, in supernovas it was the maximum.

Red's thread is on page 12 and this is only on 4

Well, this one was a good read. Not amazing, but considering the history of this book, it's an improvement.

I liked the interactions between Rogue and Iceman. I realised how this book felt so distant from the rest of the franchise. This new team helped with that (although, Ink is just a buzz kill).

Funny how, although Gugg says he likes Magma and Storm a lot, he always treats them like they are stupid and useless. Magma might have learned how to nap all the time with Storm, to see if this book ends faster.

Kitty, as always, is a douchebag when written by Guggenheim. She sounded very racist towards the Morlocks, and Callisto's characterization is pretty outdated.
    Last edited by Weather; 03-07-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Snake proboscis tongue thing? Definitely Bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Rogue has been leading the UA squad and she is reduced to b-team garbage with Bobs telling her what's what... Like she hasn't been saving the world in much heavier situations than this bs over the last several years. Sorry Bobs, don't tell Rogue how to lead.

I knew Rogue's return would be sad demotion. Oh well at least a few more issues of NS left before the fall. :-/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Rogue has been leading the UA squad and she is reduced to b-team garbage with Bobs telling her what's what... Like she hasn't been saving the world in much heavier situations than this bs over the last several years. Sorry Bobs, don't tell Rogue how to lead.

I knew Rogue's return would be sad demotion. Oh well at least a few more issues of NS left before the fall. :-/
    I want Rogue on Red, TBH.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Better than being ordered around by kitty seriously these writers and editors need to get it together. This would be like seeing the justice league taking orders from the titans. Pathetic.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Better than being ordered around by kitty seriously these writers and editors need to get it together. This would be like seeing the justice league taking orders from the titans. Pathetic.
    Right! On UA they had a very specific conversation with Jan and Rogue on why the team was hers and not Jan's. Jan and before her Cap were mentoring Rogue. So it was an organic thing. Also it helped that Rogue was on UA from the start. You can have someone lead without diminishing or dismissing other team memebers. Especially when those other members are either equal or senior to the new leader.

BANNED

You missed something. Rogue can talk and influence Bobby.

Look at their talk with Pyro.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Right! On UA they had a very specific conversation with Jan and Rogue on why the team was hers and not Jan's. Jan and before her Cap were mentoring Rogue. So it was an organic thing. Also it helped that Rogue was on UA from the start. You can have someone lead without diminishing or dismissing other team memebers. Especially when those other members are either equal or senior to the new leader.
    Agreed but honestly I'm just not sure i could ever imagine a situation where kitty a leading a team of veteran members lik the ones she has been. It's just insane to me that anyone would invested in these characters would think this was good.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    You missed something. Rogue can talk and influence Bobby.

Look at their talk with Pyro.
    Yeah, but he tells her how to fight in the DR! That is a cardinal sin!

Edit:

Also, it didn't feel like Rogue & Bobs were the BFF's they should be. Let's not forget their road trip, her being there to tell off his dad, or that he was part of her Supernovas team. He sounds too much like Scott and not enough like Bobby in this issue. Let's hope that changes.
    Last edited by jen; 03-08-2018 at 12:26 AM.