Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

This is a must-buy for me . Actually, the only X-must-buy.

Despite

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Ah, casually abusing animals. I guess that's cool now.

Something's wrong when Guido is the only one who isn't a piece of shit.
    Yeah, I myself felt a bit confused, too. It's OK for Illyana, but the others...

May be contrary to what everyone’s saying about the art but what’s up with Magik’s face? Not only do her bangs feel off but she looks like she hasn’t slept in days.

Astonishing Member

Her bangs look super short, making her forehead look odd. ...not liking the kitten thing... :/

This preview is awesome! I'm excited about it now. I wasn't planning on it. But, yup, this has that New Mutants goth spirit I love so much.

There's this, um, how do you all feel about this?

This, well, this possibility, especially in a mini but because it's...well, maybe now is time for a certain sort of more creative and expansive experience of what is possible in this one time and place and moment, that's not specially said to be some other dimension or fractured 'what if', but that in this story of now, there is this happening and this happening and this too and they all are one but none more or less than all or more or less then themselves alone. All these happenings is what's happening.

You know?

Isn't that okay and maybe cool? What do you think?

What I mean is, cannon is cannon and continuity isn't and doesn't have to mean what it was. It isn't in real life and never was.

This looks awesome. And if it is, it need not explain itself to me or be held accountable to any other title featuring Magik or anybody or their issues with one another...nope. It's entirely true that none of this is exclusively true, and some or most is mostly not & that's entirely possibly maybe certainly so.

It can't be a mistake that I was listening to the Cure's 'Seventeen Seconds' when I saw this preview.
    Last edited by sungila; 03-09-2018 at 01:03 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    May be contrary to what everyone’s saying about the art but what’s up with Magik’s face? Not only do her bangs feel off but she looks like she hasn’t slept in days.
    Yeah, looks like someone got scissor happy last time she went to the salon for a bangs trim.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

So... about the cat. Illyana never let go of it. It was literally just hanging by the scruff of it's neck for a few months Limbo time. It's FINE haha.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

The only X-Book I care about rn.

I really hope the rest is good. But this dialouge is terrible.

I liked the art though.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Incredible Member

About Magik throwing the kitten to Limbo, allow me to summarize:

(New Mutants #50 1st series)

But really. I don't think the kitten-to-cat scene is meant to be taken seriously. I believe the writer intended to make it humorous.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I really hope the rest is good. But this dialouge is terrible.

I liked the art though.
    I'm setting my expectations low for this NM mini.
    Last edited by 244; 03-10-2018 at 02:20 AM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Illyana's got now a 'rad' look and she seems kind of dark. I see no contradiction with the character, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I don't think the kitten-to-cat scene is meant to be taken seriously. I believe the writer intended to make it humorous.
    Obviously. Trouble is, many people don't see animal torture as something humorous. I mean, if her team-mates would have feel more or less annoyed for the kitten issue, the scene would have got more sense to me.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    About Magik throwing the kitten to Limbo, allow me to summarize:

(New Mutants #50 1st series)

But really. I don't think the kitten-to-cat scene is meant to be taken seriously. I believe the writer intended to make it humorous.

I'm setting my expectations low for this NM mini.
    Of course they want humorous. Problem for me is many current writtwrs try to put to much humor in.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    The only X-Book I care about rn.
    Between the end of GenX and the start of Mystery in Madripoor this is the title that interests me most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Yeah modern comics are written for the tumblr/twitter crowd
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Yeah modern comics are written for the tumblr/twitter crowd
    I always feel the X-Men are an exception to that rule considering how overwhelmingly straight/white/male they are and how much they rely on pandering to 40+ year old readers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Obviously. Trouble is, many people don't see animal torture as something humorous. I mean, if her team-mates would have feel more or less annoyed for the kitten issue, the scene would have got more sense to me.
    There are some parts of Limbo that are habitable. The pocket dimension is pretty much like Magik’s back yard.
    Last edited by 244; 03-12-2018 at 07:52 AM.