Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

A Kyle and Yost New X-Men book. With Rogue and Iceman as Coach (they don't need teachers anymore). With focus on Hellion, Surge, Dust, Anole, Rockslide, Trance Indra and Hijack. But also some room for others like Mercury, Bling!, Velocidad etc.every now and then.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    We've already got the Madox solo coming for that.

I'm of the mindset that I don't want too many X-titles. With X-Men Red, there's no need for Gold. So honestly, either cancel it, or make that the kids book. Change Blue to a Magneto/Polaris led Genosha book (with no O5).

So yeah:

Red - flagship, with the current team

Blue - Magneto/Polaris lead the rest of the X-Men in truly rebuilding Genosha

Gold - former students that protect the school, rescue other mutant kids, and react to the events that the X-Men take part in

Black - black ops team led by Bishop, unbeknownst to any of the other teams

5 books is more than enough.
    I am only jazzed for MM thinking it will lead to X Factor. I like Jamie but I think he has a very similar voice to several other popular characters. Plus I am skeeved by his choice in child brides.

I personally feel burnt out on the secretive black ops teams. The X-Men have moved onto betraying each other out in the open lol. Hen again I think a more specific pitch than ‘black ops’ or ‘x-kids’ would probably intrigue me more. But I think I agree with you I want some high-concept or atmospheric titles than countless other generic superhero teams.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    A Kyle and Yost New X-Men book. With Rogue and Iceman as Coach (they don't need teachers anymore). With focus on Hellion, Surge, Dust, Anole, Rockslide, Trance Indra and Hijack. But also some room for others like Mercury, Bling!, Velocidad etc.every now and then.
    The NXM need to be allowed to graduate already. Laura is 20, and most of the NXM are around the same age (IIRC Pixie and Anole were two of the youngest). They're ADULTS now. Let them join the main teams, they don't need to be part of a training wheels squad anymore.

Interestingly this morning I was listening to the This Week In Marvel podcast and they mentioned an X-23 series from Mariko Tamaki and Juan Cabal. They said it was announced on the Marvel website last week (apparently they record on Tuesdays). However, nothing was announced and I don't see anything on the website so maybe the podcast jumped the gun and no one caught it. Or Marvel delayed the announcement. But I guess we have that coming up.......
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The NXM need to be allowed to graduate already. Laura is 20, and most of the NXM are around the same age (IIRC Pixie and Anole were two of the youngest). They're ADULTS now. Let them join the main teams, they don't need to be part of a training wheels squad anymore.
    If I heard correctly a podcast announced is a new X-23 solo at work written by Mariko Tamaki but there is no official confirmation solo theoretically the podcast might have jumped the gun.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Interestingly this morning I was listening to the This Week In Marvel podcast and they mentioned an X-23 series from Mariko Tamaki and Juan Cabal. They said it was announced on the Marvel website last week (apparently they record on Tuesdays). However, nothing was announced and I don't see anything on the website so maybe the podcast jumped the gun and no one caught it. Or Marvel delayed the announcement. But I guess we have that coming up.......
    I haven't seen anything about this, and I do a search for news daily (mostly looking for updates on the movie).

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    If I heard correctly a podcast announced is a new X-23 solo at work written by Mariko Tamaki but there is no official confirmation solo theoretically the podcast might have jumped the gun.
    If true then it’s possible that Laura will be giving up the mantle of Wolverine once YML is back. But I think she’s outgrown the “X-23” moniker at this point. They really need to start calling her something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    If true then it’s possible that Laura will be giving up the mantle of Wolverine once YML is back. But I think she’s outgrown the “X-23” moniker at this point. They really need to start calling her something else.
    If Marvel cares to remember there's always Talon. Though it's kind of a generic name if my friend Nightdreamer was in charge her name would be Cub and I'm not even kidding she chose that because she's a stickler for accuracy you know because talon belong on raptors not mammals.

BANNED

Kyle has said he'd rather she not use a code name at all. IE save X-23 for marketing and branding, but just going by Laura in the books (which is mostly what she'd done up until taking up Wolverine, anyway).

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think Laura is going to lose the wolverine title. we could have two wolverines or logan could go just by logan like old man logan did.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Where did I say training? I think I said I just want them as ream and have Iceman and Rogue as Coach. Just like Cyclops was coach to the New Mutants in the Utopia era.

But to make it more clear. Not as students, but as X-Men. But call them New X-Men because they are the New generation of X-Men and should be treated us such.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Where did I say training? I think I said I just want them as ream and have Iceman and Rogue as Coach. Just like Cyclops was coach to the New Mutants in the Utopia era.

But to make it more clear. Not as students, but as X-Men. But call them New X-Men because they are the New generation of X-Men and should be treated us such.
    That seemed to be what they were going to be until the unceremonious cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    If Marvel cares to remember there's always Talon. Though it's kind of a generic name if my friend Nightdreamer was in charge her name would be Cub and I'm not even kidding she chose that because she's a stickler for accuracy you know because talon belong on raptors not mammals.
    Talon is a pretty decent code name (as is Raptor, tbh), and both make reference to her unique foot claws.

Kyle has said he'd rather she not use a code name at all. IE save X-23 for marketing and branding, but just going by Laura in the books (which is mostly what she'd done up until taking up Wolverine, anyway).
    This might be the best route to go. Saddling her with a bunch of different code names will only serve to confuse people.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think Laura is going to lose the wolverine title. we could have two wolverines or logan could go just by logan like old man logan did.
    I’d be fine with this, but I don’t see it happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    We've already got the Madox solo coming for that.

I'm of the mindset that I don't want too many X-titles. With X-Men Red, there's no need for Gold. So honestly, either cancel it, or make that the kids book. Change Blue to a Magneto/Polaris led Genosha book (with no O5).

So yeah:

Red - flagship, with the current team

Blue - Magneto/Polaris lead the rest of the X-Men in truly rebuilding Genosha

Gold - former students that protect the school, rescue other mutant kids, and react to the events that the X-Men take part in

Black - black ops team led by Bishop, unbeknownst to any of the other teams

5 books is more than enough.
    I like your idea.

Especially an X-Force/Black Ops team led by Bishop.

I don't know why this hasn't been done more seriously before. Bishop is a hardcore badass and leader in the future and he is a natural fit for this.

Talon is a pretty decent code name (as is Raptor, tbh), and both make reference to her unique foot claws.
    Sure until you take into account the claws on her hands then it makes her more mammalian than raptor-like. I'm beginning to see where Nightdreamer was going when she thought of the name Cub.