Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default New Gods Movie Announced!

http://deadline.com/2018/03/ava-duve...by-1202338680/

This is exciting news. I think The New Gods have such great potential. I also believe that it's a better way to fully introduce Darkseid via a New Gods film than shoehorned into a Justice League 2.
    Last edited by Thor2014; 03-15-2018 at 02:45 PM.

File this one under "I'll believe it when I see it", though I really really do hope this happens.

With the DCEU as it is I'm not sure this anymore chance of being made then all the other films they've thrown against the wall, but I would love it if this does happen .

I don’t see this getting made and I also don’t think it’ll be anything more than a giant cgi mess which is exactly what Wrinkle in Time appears to be. This is a dangerous move for Ava, it could kill her career.

BANNED

I'm having trouble imagining this being any good. Maybe it could be, but I don't see how it could work any better than a New Gods comic has ever worked.

Shouldn't we be scared right about now?

They couldn't do JL or SS right.

Surprised DC would be putting this into development after the failure of Steppenwolf as a villain in JL.

There's lots of different ways they could go with this, but definitely need a relatable human hook into the story...I could see Scott Free and Barda being the focal characters as they go up against the bigger-than-life New Gods. Sort of a David vs. Goliath story.

im excited but at the same time very nervous. obviously a New Gods movie done right would be the greatest thing ever. But with the way WB has handled the DC movies up to this point, it really raises concerns of how they will pull of a story of this scale. i think they will need to cast well know actors for the roles as the New Gods aren't very well known outside of comic book fan circles.

Ava DuVernay recently stated that one of her favorite superheroes is Big Barda. i wonder if the first movie will focus more on The Pact and follow Scott and Barda's story.

i just want to scream at WB "please don't fuck this up!!!!!"
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-15-2018 at 03:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Surprised DC would be putting this into development after the failure of Steppenwolf as a villain in JL.

There's lots of different ways they could go with this, but definitely need a relatable human hook into the story...I could see Scott Free and Barda being the focal characters as they go up against the bigger-than-life New Gods. Sort of a David vs. Goliath story.
    That's it. The New Gods is not about people. That's the problem.

it's going to be Thor Ragnarok, isnt it?

Ava Duverney is a very, very talented filmmaker. A Wrinkle in Time had a lot of issues and I don't think most of them were on her, so I'm pretty hopeful. I'm also a pretty massive New Gods fan, so that's also making me pretty excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Shouldn't we be scared right about now?

They couldn't do JL or SS right.
    You do have a point there, along with the negative reception to wrinkle in time. However, wrinkle in time has long been agreed to be unfilmable so maybe Ava could have an easier time with New Gods.

Plus I won’t be surprised if Big Barda ends up being the main character since Ava said in an interview a while back that her favorite superhero is Barda.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

What went wrong in AWIT? It was thin and twee, but it was exactly what it was.

Duvornay doing Scott and Barda is a solid pick.

I don't know if I must feel excited or scared.
    Maybe a little of both.
    Oh yes! Oh, no... Oh yes! Oh, no...Oh yes! Oh, no...Oh yes! Oh, no...Oh yes! Oh, no...
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    I don’t see this getting made and I also don’t think it’ll be anything more than a giant cgi mess which is exactly what Wrinkle in Time appears to be. This is a dangerous move for Ava, it could kill her career.
    Well when you have comments like this-

I'm sure everyone is gonna whine about the inevitable race bending, but my biggest concern here is that the studio not foist an audience surrogate character and have some random young person from earth find out that they're actually a New God...wait. Dammit. Black Racer is gonna be the focus of this movie, isn't he?
    She is going to be off the hook because everyone is already taking shots at the movie before anything is done.

Also Dc's horrible track record puts more blame on the studio than the directors.

She's not the reason AWIT is getting bashed-it's more hate towards the lead girl and Oprah than her.

Seeing that this is New Gods-it will probably be free of the nonsense that derailed SS & JL. In other words less cooks in the kitchen to screw up stuff.

This smell to me a more of thinking outside the box and hoping to show folks DC is more than those top sellers whose film can't get right.