Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

This nugget was hidden in the article:

There is no connection to the other DC worlds being exploited for film right now by Warner Bros, where studio boss Toby Emmerich and his newly installed DC production president Walter Hamada are moving forward with new approach to filmmakers on their DC-based fare.
    which seems to indicate the end of the DCEU with each new project standing on its own. This movie will not be tied to Justice League or any other DC film in production if I am reading that right.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    You do have a point there, along with the negative reception to wrinkle in time. However, wrinkle in time has long been agreed to be unfilmable so maybe Ava could have an easier time with New Gods.

Plus I won’t be surprised if Big Barda ends up being the main character since Ava said in an interview a while back that her favorite superhero is Barda.
    New Gods you have to go Mister Miracle or Orion for main character imo. Honestly, I really hope DC/Warner get this on right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    What went wrong in AWIT? It was thin and twee, but it was exactly what it was.

Duvornay doing Scott and Barda is a solid pick.
    It's a film aimed for GIRLS and the overseas market- some folks can't understand that.

With many trying to link this to Black Panther when they are two different beasts.

With some EXPECTING it to make a billion like Panther and even Disney knows that is not going to happen by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    You do have a point there, along with the negative reception to wrinkle in time. However, wrinkle in time has long been agreed to be unfilmable so maybe Ava could have an easier time with New Gods.

Plus I won’t be surprised if Big Barda ends up being the main character since Ava said in an interview a while back that her favorite superhero is Barda.
    Man, they should have given Ava a Vixen movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Man, they should have given Ava a Vixen movie.
    She really could’ve killed it on a Vixen film. Oh well. It is what it is.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's a film aimed for GIRLS and the overseas market- some folks can't understand that.

With many trying to link this to Black Panther when they are two different beasts.

With some EXPECTING it to make a billion like Panther and even Disney knows that is not going to happen by a long shot.
    BP was a great movie. To think AWIT was a similar worldbreaker is foolhardy. It was just a fun sweet film with amazing vision.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    She is going to be off the hook because everyone is already taking shots at the movie before anything is done.

Also Dc's horrible track record puts more blame on the studio than the directors.

She's not the reason AWIT is getting bashed-it's more hate towards the lead girl and Oprah than her.

Seeing that this is New Gods-it will probably be free of the nonsense that derailed SS & JL. In other words less cooks in the kitchen to screw up stuff.

This smell to me a more of thinking outside the box and hoping to show folks DC is more than those top sellers whose film can't get right.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not a New Gods fan by any stretch, but I know that woman is talented, has vision and therefore this movie will rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I'm not a New Gods fan by any stretch, but I know that woman is talented, has vision and therefore this movie will rock.
    I hope she does well and they let her do her thing like Coogler did on BP.

I just don't trust DC execs to do right.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I hope she does well and they let her do her thing like Coogler did on BP.

I just don't trust DC execs to do right.
    They did shuffle some big pieces at the top, so there is reason for optimism this go around.

But why a movie about this and not some other team movie or a character focused one.

No shade, I just feel the same confusion I felt when they announced a Joker and a Lobo film.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 03-15-2018 at 05:30 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I don't buy it. Warner Bros has enough trouble getting simple things like the Justice League right let alone something like the New Gods. I think this "project" will end up on the pile of forgotten ideas like Cyborg, Gotham City Sirens, Nightwing, Ben Afflecks Batman, and so so many others.

Plus I don't care what anyone says after A Wrinkle In Time barely cracked 40 million its opening weekend even after the mountain of marketing that was put into that movie the studios are probably taking a longer look at Ava DuVernay when it comes to giving her a huge budget project.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    That's it. The New Gods is not about people. That's the problem.
    Wha? Of bloody course the New Gods are about people. What crazy New Gods comics have you been reading? I bet they're those horrible Jim Starlin ones.

I'm thrilled beyond my wildest imaginings and terrified at the same exact time. This is premium and unfiltered JACK KIRBY. Please DC/WB/Ava DuVernay, for the love of the 4th World and the Highfather, DO NOT MESS THIS UP.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I don't buy it. Warner Bros has enough trouble getting simple things like the Justice League right let alone something like the New Gods. I think this "project" will end up on the pile of forgotten ideas like Cyborg, Gotham City Sirens, Nightwing, Ben Afflecks Batman, and so so many others.
    Justice League? They can't get simple things like Batman right.

won't happen and shouldn't happen