Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Can a King like Black Panther, Namor and Black Bolt befriend Superheroes...

When Christopher Priest recounted and revealed why T'Challa/Black Panther joined the Avengers to Spy on them, it begs the question on whether or not any of the interactions between T'Challa and the heroes are even legitimate or sincere ?

I mean does He as a king ever seen these heroes as a friend or an ally and not just in a life or death situation, but also in a moment when a consul is needed the most ?

That's why I enjoyed the one thing from Coates writing of the Black Panther and recon on how T'Challa joined the Avengers to find friends.

However as Fans of T'Challa and even other Monarchs in Marvel it brings me the question: Do you think that Kings should befriend Superheroes and can they befriend them ?

Yeah of course Monarchs can be friends with other superheroes.

However, when the time comes where they must decide between country or friendship country should win out every time.

In saying that I always felt that BP spying on the Avengers was a bad plot point.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

If Thor, Hercules etc can do it Kings/Queens should be as well.

Coates retcon was needless. T'Challa had legitimate reason to spy on the Avengers. A group of super-powered individuals declare themselves Earth's protector's with little oversight at the time.

They can pretty much go anywhere and correct what they consider wrong. Why wouldn't you want to know exactly what their true motives are.

And in doing so T'Challa made a few friends and became a trusted member.

Namor has threatened the surface world on numerous occasion and some for good reasons yet he is friends with many heroes and one villain particular.

Black Bolt always has his own agenda but is somewhat friends with the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    When Christopher Priest recounted and revealed why T'Challa/Black Panther joined the Avengers to Spy on them, it begs the question on whether or not any of the interactions between T'Challa and the heroes are even legitimate or sincere ?

I mean does He as a king ever seen these heroes as a friend or an ally and not just in a life or death situation, but also in a moment when a consul is needed the most ?

That's why I enjoyed the one thing from Coates writing of the Black Panther and recon on how T'Challa joined the Avengers to find friends.

However as Fans of T'Challa and even other Monarchs in Marvel it brings me the question: Do you think that Kings should befriend Superheroes and can they befriend them ?
    Priest rendition was actually brilliant and I find Coates retcon to be a poor and useless addition. He joined to spy of them because you don't just assume a group of powerful people declaring they are protectors are fully well intentioned
    They operate outside of governments and answer to no one, so as a ruler, it would be very wise to see what they are about. It was a brilliant move by Priest because it's explained why Tchalla went there and what makes him dangerous, as well as though he originally went to spy on them, in time he came to trust them and become friends. This whole "I used the excuse to spy on then for my country but really I wanted to learn from these heroes" is stupid because he already spent his time grooming to protect his nation and that change tries establish that he didn't want to rule, despite multiple issue's and comics saying otherwise.

Tldr Priest reasons for joining make tchalla unique in which he isn't fully a super hero, he is a pragmatic enigma that very few Know what he is truly thinking, Which is what makes him interesting and dangerous, and it adds a "Character flaw" in that he doesn't fully trust everyone. Whereas Coates version is a watered down version that makes him seem run of the mill and diminishes his character Making it come off like he wanted to learn from these white heroes

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Priest rendition was actually brilliant and I find Coates retcon to be a poor and useless addition. He joined to spy of them because you don't just assume a group of powerful people declaring they are protectors are fully well intentioned
    They operate outside of governments and answer to no one, so as a ruler, it would be very wise to see what they are about. It was a brilliant move by Priest because it's explained why Tchalla went there and what makes him dangerous, as well as though he originally went to spy on them, in time he came to trust them and become friends. This whole "I used the excuse to spy on then for my country but really I wanted to learn from these heroes" is stupid because he already spent his time grooming to protect his nation and that change tries establish that he didn't want to rule, despite multiple issue's and comics saying otherwise.

Tldr Priest reasons for joining make tchalla unique in which he isn't fully a super hero, he is a pragmatic enigma that very few Know what he is truly thinking, Which is what makes him interesting and dangerous, and it adds a "Character flaw" in that he doesn't fully trust everyone. Whereas Coates version is a watered down version that makes him seem run of the mill and diminishes his character Making it come off like he wanted to learn from these white heroes
    Priest recon is understand, but it also makes me question whether the following interactions between T'Challa and the Marvel heroes are Genuine and does he really see them as friends ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Coates retcon was needless. T'Challa had legitimate reason to spy on the Avengers. A group of super-powered individuals declare themselves Earth's protector's with little oversight at the time.

They can pretty much go anywhere and correct what they consider wrong. Why wouldn't you want to know exactly what their true motives are.

Thor and Hercules are more PRINCES than Kings. They're more reckless in terms of their actions and befriend whoever they meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Priests retcon justified him joining the Avengers (sort of... even that is a pretty so-so attempt at justifying it), but COates retcon justifes him continued to stay long after they gained his trust. So the retcons work together.

Thor and Hercules are more PRINCES than Kings. They're more reckless in terms of their actions and befriend whoever they meet.
    There is a differenve between Thor and T'Challa or Namor. Thor doesn't actively run his kingdom. Neither did Namor when he was a full time Avenger. In fact during GEoffs Avengers run, when Thor (who at the time was running Asgard) and Namor (who regained his throne) was asked to join, the refused. T'Challa was the only active king who chose to stay on the team.

Priest recon is understand, but it also makes me question whether the following interactions between T'Challa and the Marvel heroes are Genuine and does he really see them as friends ?
    Under Priest (and Geoffs, who captured Priest pretty close to zen perfect) you can question whether or not they were genuine.. his version of the character is a bit less humanized. But pretty much every other writer has shown T'Challa develop bonds with the heroes.

THe truth is T'Challa goes out of his way to help the other heroes, even to the point of occasionally putting Wakanda in danger to protect them. If anything I sometimes think you can credibly question whether or not he's too close to the heroes at time.

T'Challa joined the Avengers to spy on them but actually came to enjoy being an Avenger.

Otherwise he wouldn't have stayed with them as long as he did or have to face constant accusations that he was prioritizing being an Avenger over actually ruling Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Yeah of course Monarchs can be friends with other superheroes.

However, when the time comes where they must decide between country or friendship country should win out every time.

In saying that I always felt that BP spying on the Avengers was a bad plot point.
    I actually think him spying on the AVENGERS was straight genius. Has this been retconned?
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-18-2018 at 10:01 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

It doesn't matter if they're kings or princes. They're both gods who will outlive their Earth friends. Yet they do make and keep Earth friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I actually him spying on the AVENGERS was straight genius.
    Pretty much.

But I see that this will be another BP-centered thread stealthed in as something else.

He does and has expressed so on many occasions.