View Poll Results: Whose the better inventor? Tony Stark or Peter Parker?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tony Stark

36 90.00%
  • Peter Parker

4 10.00%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Whose the better inventor? Tony Stark or Peter Parker?

I was debating with some posters and they were saying that Peter has become a great inventor and is better than Tony Stark. So I wanted to get more opinions on this debate. Is Peter a polymath like Stark, T'Challa and Doom? Is he in the top 10 smartest now? Who makes the better armor? This is a friendly debate. All opinions are welcomed.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Peter isn't top 10. But I think his accomplishments, while far more underwhelming, are in a lot of ways more impressive because he's a poor high school kid without necessarily have the resources or education that a lot of other characters have.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Peter isn't top 10. But I think his accomplishments, while far more underwhelming, are in a lot of ways more impressive because he's a poor high school kid without necessarily have the resources or education that a lot of other characters have.
    Yeah. He invented that webbing in high school. That's pretty frigging cool. I heard he did a lot of stuff under Slott.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-23-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Peter can invent and make do with a far limited budget then Tony can, but he's not constantly innovating or designing new stuff on the same kind of level that Tony does, except maybe during the Parker Industries era but that was very out of the norm for Spider-Man.

Tony Stark. Peter is an exceptional inventor but Tony is better.

Peter doesn't even need to be as good of an inventor as Tony, since it's not his job like it is Tony's and he basically came up with the entire base tech he needed to get by as Spider-Man for decades when he was still in high school.

He relies more on his natural abilities then he does his tech anyhow.

Does anyone know how to do a poll?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Does anyone know how to do a poll?
    Yeah but you'll have to get a mod to add it I think. Not sure if you can go back and add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah but you'll have to get a mod to add it I think. Not sure if you can go back and add it.
    Thanks Marvel2100.

Tony, since he designed and built a full functionally armour which also had to keep him alive out of scrap in just under a week.

Tony. He's an engineer and designer/inventor by trade. Peter is smart enough to design what he needs to, but Tony is far superior.

I think the biggest difference is that, by profession and because of how the Iron Man armor works, Tony needs to constantly be inventing and designing new stuff and that develops out of his natural Futurist perspective.

Peter only occasionally needs to invent something if his natural abilities aren't enough to stop the villain he's fighting, but more often then not he can just get by with his web-shooters and powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the biggest difference is that, by profession and because of how the Iron Man armor works, Tony needs to constantly be inventing and designing new stuff and that develops out of his natural Futurist perspective.

Peter only occasionally needs to invent something if his natural abilities aren't enough to stop the villain he's fighting, but more often then not he can just get by with his web-shooters and powers.
    Yeah, Tony is driven to invent because that's his nature.

Peter isn't as driven in developing his scientific skills because of his own natural abilities like you said.

Tony anyday of the week everyday of the week.

I think Peter Parker had the potential to rival Tony Stark, but he was never able to live up to that potential because of the incident with the spider that turned him into Spider-Man and the resulting chaos that brought into his life. Probably for the best, as it seems likely that Peter would have grown up to be a real asshole. Maybe even a supervillain. He was kind of a bitter douchebag before he got bitten and Ben died.