Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Default How much time do you think the teen O5 have left before they go back?

These teens are the original characters and they have to go back to their time in order to prevent some weird paradox.

how much time (real time, our time) do you think they have left before they go back?? how much do you want them to stay?
    3 to 4 years for me

i feel there are some things that have to be resolved before they left, like both jeans interacting or the stupid jean/jimmy/tyke/bloodstorm love drama but aside from that i don't see were their story could go.

Astonishing Member

How ever long it is , its taking to long. Have jimmy take blood storm to ultimats, o5 get mind wiped. If they were smart it would be with infinity (adjective) or logan not being dead anymore.

BANNED

Yeah, I really think they should go back ASAP. Honestly after Kitty and Colossus's wedding. LOL

But the X-Men universe is in a different place, mutants aren't endangered anymore and Jean is back from the dead. Jeen convinced her teammates to stay in the future long enough to help fix things before they go back. She's seen things get better and her older self return to life. There's no reason for them to want to stay and they know they have to go back to preserve the timestream. Oh and there's going to be even more mutants because of Miss Sinister.

I’m a reasonably healthy salad-eating 40-something with ready access to one of the world’s best national healthcare plans, and I’m beginning to think they have more time than I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Despite having liked moments of them being back, and appreciating seeing the original X-Men together again, I do think the O5 have overstayed their welcome. When they first came to the future, there were significant changes in the lives of Jean, Scott, Warren, Hank + Bobby that they observed firsthand, and I think it offered an interesting perspective. Now though, with 4/5 of the original X-Men accounted for in the X-Books, and Jean Grey among the living once more, I don't think they have as much to offer. Once Mothervine and all involved parties have been dealt with, there's not really much left for the 05 to do, and I think it appropriate for them to return home. This, of course, does present its own difficulties, given their memories need to be wiped, and their powers reduced/altered so that they return as they were when they left, otherwise the future may change to align with the altered past.

As for Jimmy Hudson & Bloodstorm, I'm not sure they're necessary either. I'm not a fan of the former, and whilst I quite like Bloodstorm, she isn't necessary when we already have Ororo in 616. I propose they either
    a.) Go to the Ultimate Universe that Bendis re-established
    b.) Leave and join the All-New Exiles w/ Blink & co.
    c.) Die, potentially sacrificing themselves for one of the O5, or the greater good and prevention of Mothervine. The solicits for Blue do indicate deaths after all.

BANNED

I want them to leave today, or die.
    Maybe Magneto will kill them all.
    And then, once again, Magneto will be right.

Id like them to die. They are on borrowed time. They can form a suicide pact with the Hellfire brats
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 03-18-2018 at 06:50 PM.

I say we One More Day them from the Canon and make a deal with mephisto to erase that plotthread and Inhumans vs X-Men/Death of X

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

They should have gone back right after All New X-Men
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

I don't think either the O5 or OML are leaving anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I don't think either the O5 or OML are leaving anytime soon.
    OML’s losing his healing factor. And like All New Wolverine is redundant when OG Logan comes back at the end of the Hunt hence Laura’s X23 solo from Fresh Start. I can see him making it to #50 then ending there

So basically the only thing stopping them from going back is all the changes they made along the way since they came in 2013. This includes Warren's fire wings, Hank's magical transformation, Jean and Scott.....uh....doing something, and probably Bobby coming out way earlier than he was supposed to.

And from the cover of X-Men Gold #30, it looks like some of the changes (or reverse changes,,,i guess) have already started, cause Warren has his regular wings back. Unless that's just an artist error, even though that's a pretty odd error considering how long O5!Warren's had his cosmic wings. You can see him in the back on the right:

It's kind of almost confjrmed they are going back soon because time retroactively fixed itself since reality and time doesn't warp anymore. Explains why Jean didn't get messed up when Jeen died in her solo....and again in the last issue of the Venom/Blue crossover (well this one can be explained away since this may take place before PR).

tl;dr probably sooner than later

this is probably filled with spelling errors lol
    Last edited by Tycon; 03-18-2018 at 03:49 PM.

They've been on borrowed time for quite a while. Way way way overstaying their welcome... which wore off with Battle of the Atom.

Them returning to the past is a forgone conclusion. It seems to be more of a ‘it will happen in the future’ than a real plot point so Marvel can pretty much keep them around as long as they want and simply say that it hasn’t reached the point that they return to the past yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    I want them to leave today, or die.
    Maybe Magneto will kill them all.
    And then, once again, Magneto will be right.
    Good idea, I hate them all!