Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men: Gold #24

BANNED

Why is there a tank behind Pyro's back? This new Pyro isn't the same as the old Pyro.

The old Pyro can't generate his own flames while the new Pyro can. So there's no need for the tank presumably to generate flames.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Why is there a tank behind Pyro's back? This new Pyro isn't the same as the old Pyro.

The old Pyro can't generate his own flames while the new Pyro can. So there's no need for the tank presumably to generate flames.
    Are you expecting Guggenheim..to follow...his own continuity?
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    I know Storm still deals with claustrophobia but I feel like she's above begging for mercy from prison guards. Go through her internal struggle once she's inside but to see her like that... ugh.
    Honestly, this issue was par for the course, the prisons scenes left a lot to be desired, the B- team of course in a handful of issues were better used than the main team. Really, Guggenheim why is Magik in this book, Armor is bad enough but was that the only way to BFR either of them. Which brings us to the final point, Storm begging the very guards who are throwing her into a cell.... pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Guggs has had Amara as in charge of the school when Kitty isn't around, so it was probably intentional she didn't defer to Bobby and Rogue. But also it was probably necessary that they work on the fly.
    Amara's recent horrible showing requires she do something tactically sound for a change. If only the other non-Kitty X-Men can get such moments to shine...

Amara found intel, had people do research, then relayed said info to Rogue and Iceman. It's not like she did something like stupidly announcing her presence to Inhu-Man instead of just blasting him with the gun. *whistles*
    Last edited by nx01a; 03-21-2018 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Jesus, I should expect that after a not so bad issue, this one would be horrible. Like, so generic and cliche. It seems like I have already read this story, but never this bad written.

The new team was also very amateur a lot of the time. Guggenheim can't handle action AT ALL. Everybody, besides kitty, looks stupid. Magik was the new Storm, sleeping for this to finish faster. And the end with Ororo... It really sounds like a parody. Urgh... Even if she was not handling her claustrophobia better than before, she was so OOC. And that room was not even the tightest place she has been...

I think it was not a problem for Magma to consult Cecilia about what to do. Why bother Bobby while he is worried fighting a super villian. She found a possible solution, than she talked to him. I think that's a good way to show respect for your leader, but also being able to act without asking for permission every step of the way.

And Pyro seeing that the vine looked like cancer... I mean... Wow! It is so forced it is hilarious.

The art is really terrible, can't see what is going out in most of the panels. I hope they get back Diego Bernard for Kitty's wedding. We don't want bad art for the most important X-Men event in ages.
    I wouldn't say "the most important X-Men event in ages" at all, but don' worry... Next pencilers for this book are Paulo Siqueira, Michele Bandini, Geraldo Borges (this one I don't know, but seems good on Google) and the wedding itself is by David Marquez, one of the best in Marvel. Even the worst of these is better than this book deserves.

I hope this Tony Silas does a better job with "Hunt for Wolverine: Mistery in Madripoor". It is the only place in the next months where I'll be able to see a well written Storm in an X-men book, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    I hope this Tony Silas does a better job with "Hunt for Wolverine: Mistery in Madripoor". It is the only place in the next months where I'll be able to see a well written Storm in an X-men book, I imagine.
    I’m absolutely desperate for him to up his game between now and then. That prison brawl scene looked like a pack of howler monkeys fighting over a melon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

I actually thought this was... decent. Which is good for this series I guess.

Anyway the only Pyro worth caring about remains the one from Ultimate X-Men

<3

The art is really terrible, can't see what is going out in most of the panels. I hope they get back Diego Bernard for Kitty's wedding. We don't want bad art for the most important X-Men event in ages.

Pyro was the one who noticed the similarity of the lungs with her mum's cancer.

Magma should have relayed what Pyro told her to Iceman first instead of acting without his order to contact Cecilia and Rogue, after all he's the leader. She's undermining his authority.

So basically it was Magma, Pyro and Rogue who saved the day instead of Iceman. Iceman had more combat and field experience than Magma having gone through millions of battles.

That's poor writing.
    Magma is a veteran. She is fit to make decisions without having her hand held. She didnt undermine Bobby's authority as she didnt need to ask for his permission to call Reyes. They were in a high stakes situation and she acted to gather information and then tried to take that back to Bobby and Rogue, who tried to cut her off bc they were busy above ground. She did nothing wrong
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-21-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Because why have quality when you can lean on nostalgia?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Magma is a veteran. She is fit to make decisions without having her hand held. She didnt undermine Bobby's authority as she didnt need to ask for his permission to call Reyes. They were in a high stakes situation and she acted to gather information and then tried to take that back to Bobby and Rogue, who tried to cut her off bc they were busy above ground. She did nothing wrong
    Fit to make decision? That's what she did to Mesmero after ignoring Kitty's order to attack Pyro instead.

Magma is not as veteran as Iceman who was one of the original X-Men, has been in much more combat situations than her. I had a second look at the dialogue, she did contact Iceman AND Rogue but Iceman was not shown replying to her call, only Rogue.

That's poor writing and made Iceman amateurish since he was picked by Kitty to lead a team. Iceman's powers are Omega level when he was controlled by Emma Frost. He has been in many teams, X-Men, Champions, New Defenders. This really makes him amateurish.

Omega level power =/= Storm or Cyclops level field leader.

Leave Amara alone. She finally did something good apart from telling off that construction guy. The other non-Kitty X-Men need to take notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Not only was Iceman written as amateurish so were Storm and Magik.

Storm is seen as a weakling in this issue whereas Kitty was portrayed as the strong woman.
    Storm has been controlling her claustrophobia much better than in her younger days.

Magik could have teleported away from the blast easily after all she was just watching over Armor.

We all know that Storm and Iceman have gone through much more difficult situations.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 03-21-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Fit to make decision? That's what she did to Mesmero after ignoring Kitty's order to attack Pyro instead.

Magma is not as veteran as Iceman who was one of the original X-Men, has been in much more combat situations than her. I had a second look at the dialogue, she did contact Iceman AND Rogue but Iceman was not shown replying to her call, only Rogue.

That's poor writing and made Iceman amateurish since he was picked by Kitty to lead a team. Iceman's powers are Omega level when he was controlled by Emma Frost. He has been in many teams, X-Men, Champions, New Defenders. This really makes him amateurish.
    There are plenty of stuff to complain about but this wasnt it. Everyone in this book has had a turn being written like an idiot to make Kitty better but that doesnt take away from their experience. Magma isnt an OG vet but she is a vet. She called another X-man for medical information. You act like she was taking up leadership and making wreckless choices. Bobby did not come across like an amateur here. He did well. And having Magma call Reyes doesnt make him look like an amateur.

Guggs can't leave soon enough. Armor and Magik getting taken out so easily in one panel? Really?

Storm begging a guard to keep her from a cell? Really? I bet he's gonna have her control it after a while, attempting to steal and claim character development that already happened years ago. Then Kitty's gonna get her out because she's everything. Storm could be attamepting to pick the lock or the collar she has on, but no she has no idea what to do without Kitty there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Guggs can't leave soon enough. Armor and Magik getting taken out so easily in one panel? Really?

Storm begging a guard to keep her from a cell? Really? I bet he's gonna have her control it after a while, attempting to steal and claim character development that already happened years ago. Then Kitty's gonna get her out because she's everything. Storm could be attamepting to pick the lock or the collar she has on, but no she has no idea what to do without Kitty there.
    Magik taken out so easily was amateur writing. Magik could have teleported both of them out after all she was just standing there looking for the first sign of trouble for Armor.

Picking the lock wouldn't do good for her because they are in prison and wouldn't risk breaking out of jail before investigation cleared their names. After all, they were actually innocent and Mesmero messed up their minds.

I liked the Brotherhood of evil Mutants plotline better and they had the best artist I have ever seen . So bring back Diego Bernard, he's the best.