Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Quentin quire, hope, cyclops... Shall I go on?
    Quire’s a secret Grey obviously.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Thought this was a VERY interesting observation also, from Askani's Flame. Which got me to thinkin', with many a Mutant female being SO powerful, and that pretty much bein' a running theme within the mythos... is it possible the X-gene has an affinity, or even a preference, for XX physiology? Does it naturally eXcel more in women, than men? It would make sense, given the ideas above for reasoning, and I'd say there's evidence to support it.
    Thanks, it was literally something that popped into my head as I was typing and I threw it into the universe to be ridiculed or ignored. I personally don't think it favors the XX physiology (or the XY to be clear) as we tend to see more male mutants than female. that's partially to men being the writers and therefore more male mutants. It just so happens that because the writers of the X-Men tend to be more conscious of gender we have been blessed with strong, powerful female mutants that have lead the way for better treatment and writing in other portions of the MU (my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Don't forget half the genes comes from the man, and regarding being born from a woman... Well just a reminder that the power could easily come from the father side of the family tree, like cyclops and brothers. Oh and don't forget that most x women with huge powers have wrestled with mental issues of power going crazy, and that alpha and omega mutants are actually a very small minority... If anything I see omega level mutants as an anomaly and all of mutants children and grand children should be weaker but with more stable powers that dotted screw with your head
    1) Different from HA's point, the one that I was making was that the idea of mutancy feels like it is more attuned to the female as the female is the one who carries the infant to term and gives birth. The notion of passing genes implies birthing, which is something you would normally think of females for. Unless you're a fan of the movie "Junior" lol. Since women do the majority of birthing for the mutants in the x-line, it is less "man-made", emphasis on the "man" as it is natural. Natural - nature - Mother Nature - mother - female.

2) Female lines have shown centuries worth of abilities and powers other than the 2 generation Summers family. The Grey line goes back a few hundred years, as shown in the Dark Sisterhood arc in Cable, and Storm's centuries worth of ancestors all had an affinity to power and magic and sacred femininity.

3) I understand the points you are trying to make, but what I have bolded from your post just comes off as condescending and misogynistic whether it was your intention or not. "Don't forget" and "just a reminder" just comes off like like "well you clearly didn't think/consider" instead of just getting to you point. No one has forgotten that men are involved with the act of sex. You are right it absolutely could have an affinity for the Y gene as well. The combination of your assertion that men and fathers HAVE to be involved and not forgotten, and then the casual misogyny of 'oh btw you forgot that most x-women go crazy because of their powers' just made me go 'oh lordt' as you didn't have to go there in that fashion. You can get your point across without those elements.

Believe these piX say EXACTLY why, in the easiest way possible:

This is so bomb! Love it. Look at Lockheed hanging with the ladies. Cute

Buuut... I would have replaced X-23/Wolverine with Dani.
    Last edited by Alphaxman; 04-11-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I would have replaced X-23/Wolverine with Dani.
    I’d just keep Laura and add Dani.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Argh, I want Jean to steal or borrow Lornas uniform

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    This is so bomb! Love it. Look at Lockheed hanging with the ladies. Cute

Buuut... I would have replaced X-23/Wolverine with Dani.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I’d just keep Laura and add Dani.
    Obviously, Dani was my most missed, as well. If she were there for the X side, it'd be pretty much perfect.

Still love tho, how the X-Women alone represent HALF the MU's females, with the other half basically being everybody else.

Interesting too, how the artist mirrored the A & X characters:

Wanda = Jean
    Carol = Ororo
    Jane = Lorna
    Kamala = Emma
    Angelica = Alison

These neXt 2 should've maybe been switched, I think:

Jessica = Anna Marie
    Jennifer = Elizabeth

Janet = Kitty
    Monica = Rachel
    Greer = Jubilee
    Barbara = Illyana
    Natasha = Laura
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-12-2018 at 06:15 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Thanks, it was literally something that popped into my head as I was typing and I threw it into the universe to be ridiculed or ignored. I personally don't think it favors the XX physiology (or the XY to be clear) as we tend to see more male mutants than female. that's partially to men being the writers and therefore more male mutants. It just so happens that because the writers of the X-Men tend to be more conscious of gender we have been blessed with strong, powerful female mutants that have lead the way for better treatment and writing in other portions of the MU (my opinion).

1) Different from HA's point, the one that I was making was that the idea of mutancy feels like it is more attuned to the female as the female is the one who carries the infant to term and gives birth. The notion of passing genes implies birthing, which is something you would normally think of females for. Unless you're a fan of the movie "Junior" lol. Since women do the majority of birthing for the mutants in the x-line, it is less "man-made", emphasis on the "man" as it is natural. Natural - nature - Mother Nature - mother - female. ...
    Not sure what we're sayin' is all that different, AF. My point was never about quantity, but quality. In short, that the Mutant female phenomena we've witnessed, could be attributed to nature itself insuring survival of the species--the strongest, the fittest--through evolutionary development. Like in the animal kingdom, similar to how:

... AND, in particular:

... function & operate, sorta.

BANNED

There are some other notables missing from that MU females pic, also, besides Dani Moonstar. Domino, Blink, & M, all come to mind. And maybe Mystique, too, I suppose. Though she's not viewed as really being reformed, like Emma say, save for the movies.

For the Marvel side, there's the GLARING omission of Invisible Woman, which is the standout M.I.A. IMO. You could make an argument for Medusa, Crystal, & Valkyrie, as well, I guess. Then perhaps, there's Jessica Jones, Hellcat, Misty Knight, Collen Wing, Quake, Black Cat, etc., besides.

Not sure 'bout DC, as nobody readily springs to mind, but pretty sure Marvel's got 'em beat regardless. As far as I'm concerned, anyway.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-12-2018 at 07:04 AM.

For the Marvel side, there's the GLARING omission of Invisible Woman, which is the standout M.I.A. IMO.
    But how do you know she's not there?

BANNED

Dani Moonstar and Wolfsbane seem like the biggest X-Women omissions imo. Although the X-Books run pretty deep with fantastic females (Karma, Sage, Meggan, Marrow, Frenzy, Magma, Skids, Moira MacTaggert, Callisto, Val Cooper, etc, etc).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    But how do you know she's not there? ;p

Headcanon MATERIALIZING...

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Dani Moonstar and Wolfsbane seem like the biggest X-Women omissions imo. Although the X-Books run pretty deep with fantastic females (Karma, Sage, Meggan, Marrow, Frenzy, Magma, Skids, Moira MacTaggert, Callisto, Val Cooper, etc, etc).
    This reminds me of somethin' I've been wantin' to ask y'all, that I was originally gonna do over in their app thread, instead. Thought it might just possibly get more traffic-cum-responses here, tho. But don't have time to get into it right now, as I'm off to read DominO. So will be back, seeking the opinions of X-Women eXperts everywhere, on who reigns supreme among many of those DDM listed above... and then some!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 04-12-2018 at 02:01 PM.

BANNED

Okay, so using this chronological listing, that I compiled here:
    ... then separating & setting aside these siX:

1. Jean Grey: Sept., 1963 (The X-Men #1)
    2. Storm: May, 1975 (Giant-Size X-Men #1)
    3. Psylocke: Dec., 1976 (Captain Britain #8; New Mutants Annual #2, 1986)
    4. Kitty Pryde: Jan., 1980 (Uncanny X-Men #129)
    5. Emma Frost: Jan., 1980 (Uncanny X-Men #129)
    6. Rogue: Nov., 1981 (Avengers Annual #10; Uncanny X-Men #158, 1982)

... along with electively eXtracting these eleven afterward, for now:

1. Polaris: Oct., 1968 (The X-Men #49)
    2. Magik: May, 1975 (Giant-Size X-Men #1, as child; Uncanny X-Men #160, Aug. '82, as young adult Mutant)
    3. Mystique: May, 1978 (Ms. Marvel #16; X-books thereafter)
    4. Dazzler: Feb., 1980 (Uncanny X-Men #130)
    5. Rachel Grey-Summers: Jan., 1981 (Uncanny X-Men #141)
    6. Dani Moonstar: 1982 (Marvel Graphic Novel #4: The New Mutants)
    7. Jubilee: May, 1989 (Uncanny X-Men #244)
    8. Domino: Feb., 1991 (New Mutants #98, impersonated by Copycat; X-Force #8, Mar. '92, for the real Neena)
    9. Monet: Sept., 1994 (Uncanny X-Men #316)
    10. Blink: Oct., 1994 (Uncanny X-Men #317)
    11. Laura Kinney (X-23): Feb., 2004 (NYX #3; transitioned from original, animated creation, on X-Men Evolution S3, prior to)

... WHO, from the twenty that remain, do you think are the FOUR BIGGEST NAMES?

Aurora: Apr., 1979 (Uncanny X-Men #120)
    Sage: Apr., 1980 (Uncanny X-Men #132)
    Karma: Dec., 1980 (Marvel Team-Up #100; Marvel Graphic Novel #4: The New Mutants, 1982)
    Siryn: Apr., 1981 (Spider-Woman #37; X-Force #1, 1991)
    Wolfsbane: 1982 (Marvel Graphic Novel #4: The New Mutants)
    Magma: Oct., 1983 (The New Mutants #8)
    Meggan: Dec., 1983 (Marvel UK's Mighty World of Marvel #7; first American appearance is in New Mutants Annual #2, 1986)
    Husk: 1984 (Rom Annual #3, and New Mutants #42 in '86, as child; X-Force & then X-Men titles, 1994, as young adult Mutant)
    Firestar: May, 1985 (Uncanny X-Men #193; transitioned from original, animated creation, on Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends, in Sept. '81)
    Boom-Boom: Nov., 1985 (Secret Wars II #5; X-Factor & then The New Mutants, later 80's)
    Frenzy: May, 1986 (X-Factor #4)
    Skids: Aug., 1986 (X-Factor #8)
    Marrow: Sept., 1994 (Cable #15, as child; X-Men & Generation X, later 90's)
    Cecilia Reyes: June, 1997 (X-Men vol. 2 #65)
    Stepford Cuckoos: Nov., 2001 ( New X-Men #118)
    Dust: Dec., 2002 (New X-Men #133)
    Surge: Jan., 2004 (New Mutants vol. 2 #8)
    Armor: Oct., 2004 (Astonishing X-Men #4)
    Pixie: Nov., 2004 (New X-Men: Academy X #5)
    Oya: Sept., 2010 (Uncanny X-Men #528)

Who among them, are the 4 that have stood out over the years, as the most significant, prominent players of the franchise?

So from fans, I would ask, what are your thoughts? Who would you include, as the 4 highest profile heroines, from that bunch?

Lookin' FORWARD to it! 8D

Ultimate Member

Karma: Dec., 1980 (Marvel Team-Up #100; Marvel Graphic Novel #4: The New Mutants, 1982)
    Meggan: Dec., 1983 (Marvel UK's Mighty World of Marvel #7; first American appearance is in New Mutants Annual #2, 1986)
    Husk: 1984 (Rom Annual #3, and New Mutants #42 in '86, as child; X-Force & then X-Men titles, 1994, as young adult Mutant)
    Firestar: May, 1985 (Uncanny X-Men #193; transitioned from original, animated creation, on Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends, in Sept. '81)
    Boom-Boom: Nov., 1985 (Secret Wars II #5; X-Factor & then The New Mutants, later 80's)

Who among them, are the 4 that have stood out over the years, as the most significant, prominent players of the franchise?
    Thanks to their appearances / relevance in various runs and TV shows, I'd go with;
    Sage (long run in Extreme X-Men / currently on The Gifted, if in a smallish role)
    Wolfesbane (long run on PAD's X-Factor / about to be raised in prominence in a New Mutants movie)
    Firestar (New Warrior, Avenger, X-Man, Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, she's gotten a lot of exposure, compared to others on the list)

and I have no idea for the fourth. Perhaps the Stepford Cuckoos, or Armor, or Pixie. They've all shown some staying power.

I'd love to pick my own personal favorites, like Frenzy and Dust, but they just aren't there, IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Thanks to their appearances / relevance in various runs and TV shows, I'd go with;
    Sage (long run in Extreme X-Men / currently on The Gifted, if in a smallish role)
    Wolfesbane (long run on PAD's X-Factor / about to be raised in prominence in a New Mutants movie)
    Firestar (New Warrior, Avenger, X-Man, Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, she's gotten a lot of exposure, compared to others on the list)

and I have no idea for the fourth. Perhaps the Stepford Cuckoos, or Armor, or Pixie. They've all shown some staying power. ...
    You make a VERY valid point about awareness, and how appearances in other media outside of comics can raise a character's profile, giving them an edge over those that haven't.

I was considering Wolfsbane, Karma, the Cuckoos, and maybe Boom-Boom, myself. So Rahne seems like a lock to me, the more I think about it. You make a good argument for Sage, who's likely to get an eXpanded role in S2 of Gifted. AND, has a newfound, supreme SUPERfan, in just appointed Sr.X-ed JDW. Firestar's also racked up credentials over the years, that set her apart, and give her some pretty impressive clout.

Also thanX to The Gifted, those multiple 'Koos may have secured themselves 1 of those 4 positions too, with the breakout role(s, lol). And Armor not only seems to keep getting recurring, significant enough attention in the books, but also appeared in the anime series. PiXie as well, has made her mark, by garnering goodwill & support from a fair share of the fanbase since her debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    ... I'd love to pick my own personal favorites, like Frenzy and Dust, but they just aren't there, IMO.
    More than ever, you are a fan after my own heart, Sutekh. Of note, Dust had some of the most memorable cameos throughout Wolverine & the X-Men, IMO. For what we got, thought she was pretty great in that, proving to be both intriguing AND quite formidable. Frenzy just needs more focus again, to even the playing field, and the quality of her character will do the rest.

We just gotta BELIEVE, continue on toutin' their value & potential, never relenting AND... IT'LL HAPPEN!! We can do it, I have faith.

WHO, from the twenty that remain, do you think are the FOUR BIGGEST NAMES?

From that list I’d have to say Wolfsbane, Siryn, Sage and Pixie.