Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The roster isn't too big, it's just kind of that not everyone will show up every issue. It seems pretty clear that the core team is only five or six members - Jean, Laura, Gabby, Kurt, and Trinary. MAYBE Gambit.

I don't know how people can think that the issues are the same as anything else, let alone the same as each other. I understand maybe being disappointed by it (though I disagree), but each issue has been pretty distinctive from anything we've gotten in Gold and Blue (apart from dealing with Sentinels) and distinctive from the other issues of the book itself.

I think the team will be fine fighting against Storm, even though it'll be a challenge. Jean is one of, if not the, strongest mutant(s) on the planet and both Jean and Kurt have worked with her for a while - plus, you know, Gentle and maybe Namor.

I had a thought. Psychic defenses aside, Cassandra isn't using JUST her telepathy to control these people... she's using the nanosentinels as well. So it really is fine that it's Storm getting brainwashed.
    Your assuming she's using nanobots...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSirKnight View Post
    We know it's SOME sort of technology.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSirKnight View Post
    It's a microscopic sentinel. What else would you like to call it?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I would not get excited with Storm joining Jean's team I find it hard to happen. It is probably a passing participation once they save her from mental control she must return to school.

Overall it was a good issue as expected Trinary can control Sentinels a pity that she probably already lost her new toy due to Storm's attack.

Jean is very close to discovering Cassandra's plans and nano sentinels was used during Uncanny with Bendis to make Cyclops and his allies lose control of their powers but it seems they have discovered a new use for this technology.

Never cease to amaze me how mutants are treated in the marvel universe. They are being literally hunted and authorities do nothing .

The scene with Jean comforting Trinary was touching but seeing that mutant friend of Gambit die that way made me furious.

Red's letter session was interesting many of the fan letters match the expectations and requests from the fans in this forum .

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I would not get excited with Storm joining Jean's team I find it hard to happen. It is probably a passing participation once they save her from mental control she must return to school.

Overall it was a good issue as expected Trinary can control Sentinels a pity that she probably already lost her new toy due to Storm's attack.

Jean is very close to discovering Cassandra's plans and nano sentinels was used during Uncanny with Bendis to make Cyclops and his allies lose control of their powers but it seems they have discovered a new use for this technology.

Never cease to amaze me how mutants are treated in the marvel universe. They are being literally hunted and authorities do nothing .

The scene with Jean comforting Trinary was touching but seeing that mutant friend of Gambit die that way made me furious.

Red's letter session was interesting many of the fan letters match the expectations and requests from the fans in this forum .
    alls not lost as I suspect Trinary will repurpose the sentinel for their costumes

Favorite line of the issue:

"No one should have to face rejection because of the small-minded prejudice of the very people who are supposed to love them unconditionally"

Jean is back, Xavier is back, Logan is back, Jubilee is repowered and no longer a vampire, "extermination" seems to be sending the O5 back to their time...it feels like Marvel is finally fixing X-Men! Thank you all for that! Hopefully other fan favorites will be back as welll!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

"No one should have to face rejection because of the small-minded prejudice of the very people who are supposed to love them unconditionally"
    Also a very natural dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    Also a very natural dialogue.
    I'd say that for Jean it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    Jean is back, Xavier is back, Logan is back, Jubilee is repowered and no longer a vampire, "extermination" seems to be sending the O5 back to their time...it feels like Marvel is finally fixing X-Men! Thank you all for that! Hopefully other fan favorites will be back as welll!
    Since when is Xavier returning "fixing" the X-Men? Bald b!tch should've stayed dead in a ditch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

Agreed, that was a great one.

Less profound, but I chuckled at Gabby nonchalantly shoving her own intestines back in while assuring a freaking-out Trinary that she's ok after the Sentinel blasted her.

Why do any of you think Storm is a permantant member? The Mutant obviously joining the team from this issue is Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Why do any of you think Storm is a permantant member? The Mutant obviously joining the team from this issue is Gambit.
    We've known about Gambit for months. There is another unrevealed member joining

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    Do I detect a hint of optimism? I’d almost forgotten what that looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Less profound, but I chuckled at Gabby nonchalantly shoving her own intestines back in while assuring a freaking-out Trinary that she's ok after the Sentinel blasted her.
    You kind of have to wonder if Trinary had ever seen anything like that before. Just imagine absorbing that one as a first-timer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    You kind of have to wonder if Trinary had ever seen anything like that before. Just imagine absorbing that one as a first-timer.
    Not to mention coming from someone who looks at most like 12 years old.