Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Default Old Man Logan #39

So Glob gets a lot of focus this issue. I know we have some fans of his here. He meets a girl on a mutant dating app and of course, it’s a trap by the Purifiers. But the actual girl does exist and like him so that’s cute. I was figuring he was being catfished by Stryker.

Also, Logan comes back to the mansion and we get scenes that are near identical to the ones we had 3-4 years ago when he lost his healing factor. Really bland, generic stuff. Apparently Shark-Girl and him are super close now too. Who knew.

I also forgot that he left Gold. Has he really not been in the previous few issues? I haven’t even noticed.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

He permanently left Gold at the beginning of issue 21 and is no longer even on the roll call on the recap page.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    catfished by Stryker
    This may be the most horrifying phrase ever uttered on these boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member

this book has very good art
    what bothered me is the writer doesnt seem to have realized that Sharkgirl is like Wolfsbane, she can switch from human to Shark form, she is a Wereshark.

This is a bit worrysome, Sauron hasn't been seen in his human Karl Lykos form in more than a decade, having Shark Girl always in Shark form from now on is something that could happen.

This story reminded me of an Ultimate X-Men story some years back when Beast got catfished by Blob and the Brotherhood. Nice art, don't care about any of those X-kids around the mansion though, but it was nice seeing some Cecilia/Logan interaction again.

Glob gets a date and Old Man Logan starts to feel his age. On the surface, I didn't think it would have much appeal. After reading it, though, I enjoyed it more than I expected. I know with Logan coming back, OML is probably not going to be around for much longer. But he's had so many great moments since he first showed up in Secret Wars. I'll miss him when he's gone.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.