Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I thought Polaris/Gambit has a lot of potential. I’d still love to see them become a thing at some point. Really over the tired Lorna/Alex and Romy ships.. let them have a relationship with someone new for a while.

Ultimate Member

The former is very doubtful since the recent Gambit and Rogue mini and Alex and Lorna isn't tired and neither is the Romy ship, just get them written well and both are fine and neither truly given their due...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    How could I have missed this one? Agreed, this one had potential as well.
    It felt more like a crush Rogue had on Cyclops. Cyclops was already into Jean and Rogue was destined to meet Gambit at some point. Many knew that and never cared to invest in the Rogue and Cyclops ship.

Ultimate Member

Or they just hinted at many different possible relationships to get people's interest up so that people would watch the show...or something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    It felt more like a crush Rogue had on Cyclops. Cyclops was already into Jean and Rogue was destined to meet Gambit at some point. Many knew that and never cared to invest in the Rogue and Cyclops ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or they just hinted at many different possible relationships to get people's interest up so that people would watch the show...or something like that...
    Ahem...
    We played the relationship card with Scott and Rogue, she makes a play for him, and why not? If anyone has an idea of what she�s going through, it would be Scott. He lives in fear of losing control of his powers and killing someone; so does she. He had a lousy childhood; so does she. He always feels isolated because of his powers and of his responsibility; so does she. And he�s the one who reached out to her and brought her into an environment of warmth, family and friends. Why wouldn�t she make a play for him? She reads Jean's actions toward Scott as mean. Jean is a player, the cheerleader who has everything, and can�t make up her mind at what she wants. Scott is an item to her, just like Duncan, and who knows whom else. Rogue thinks Jean is a dumb ass and cannot recognize a good thing when she sees it, so yeah, she�s going to make a play on the guy. (Oh, as a minor side note; on the final episode, during the peek into the future, check out who is not included in the group shot and check out whom Rogue lands next to.)
    http://marvel.toonzone.net/xmenevo/interviews/paur/

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    But whos coat is she wearing. Seems to be hinting at something else.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Kitty + Doug = Master Team!

Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 04-16-2018 at 03:14 AM.

Wolverine/Domino
    Iceman/Firestar
    Rockslide/Hummingbird
    Cypher/Siryn
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Iceman/Firestar
    I foresee an issue with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I foresee an issue with this one.
    I don’t. Bobby Drake (pre unnecesarry radical personality shift that made no sense) would be a great to be paired with Firestar. They were great together going back to Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends and romantic tension was present in Aaron’s Amazing X-Men run. Have a Rogue and Gambit styled romantic solo called Fire & Ice.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 04-16-2018 at 04:32 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I’m still disappointed that Tyke/X-23 was a non-start.
    Agreed. That would've been interesting. Although I'm not too surprised that it got dropped so quickly. Bendis already seemed to have a plan for X-23 and for O5 Jean. Even if it did happen, I don't think he would've pushed it very far.

As for other underrated couples, I find it odd that so many overlook the relationship Logan had with Mariko. Of the many women he's been with, he only ever came close to marrying Mariko. She's still very much the most serious love he's ever had in his life. I don't know if that counts as underrated, but I get the sense everyone wants to pair Logan up with almost every major female character so I guess every ship with him is subject to all kinds of complication.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I feel it speaks to the core appeal of the X-Men franchise that discussion threads such as these exist more commonly here, than say in the Avengers boards etc etc.
    The X-Men are people first, and heroes second. Therefore their interpersonal dynamics are often more appealing to readers than their latest inevitable challenge that insights super heroics.
    Basically: Kissing > Punching. Ha ha ha.

SHIPPING is both wanting and supporting a romantic pairing, as I understand the term, so I'll throw my underrated(?) pairings in the discussion ring --

Rictor and Shattybuns
    Miller and Madrox
    Ramsey and Rasputin (never happened but it should have, imho)
    DaCosta and St.Croix (rich gorgeous cocky powerhouses that also never happened but should have)

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Marrow x Cannonball
    Wow that one brought me memories. The two had great potential together but went their separate ways.

368604-199979-marrow_zps6bd27cbb.jpg
    Last edited by Knives; 04-16-2018 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    She landed next to... Kitty? Lmao. Anyway, in the final group shot with all the X-Men together, Rogue was next to Gambit and he had his arms around her and I’m pretty sure grumpy evo Rogue wouldn’t let just anyone do that unless they’re buddy buddy. Rogue and Scott “together” is just plain wrong. Kitty and Lance were pretty cute at times though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    Beast and Trish Tilby
    Have we seen Tilby since the Morrison run? Even outside of her thing with Beast, she's a supporting character who could be a really good frenemy to the X-Men.