Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Chamber +Blood of Apocalypse >>>>>>every other telepath
    GrindrStone(D)

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Franklin's got telepathic defenses enough to block Celestials and can read the minds of Celestials. Somebody really oughtta rename that brat "God."
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    For illustration purposes:

Emma gets Charles and she has him sedated. It happens off panel we only get to see Charles sedated. How he ended up there is open to speculation but at the least she was able to mask herself/her minions to render him helpless

And for the second case. No, I am sorry but I donīt agree. With TP this kind of behaviour is what gives the triumph. Both are omega TPs so it goes down on how cleverly you use your gifts. Charles thought he could sneak in Scottīs mind undetected.. thinking he was more powerful/skilled than Emma. That was arrogant of him and it was his loss. Of course someone like Emma noticed and prepared. Then it was all downhill for Charles. He was lucky she actually is an X Man at her heart and not the evil White Queen up to her nose in booze and drugs of the old HFC times.

I'm not even sure why you brought up the first thing. An off panel capture should not be used as evidence that Emma is stronger, cause as you said we don't know what happened. Seeing as how she only intervened when her minions failed to beat Storm and company when they first met, I highly doubt she engaged Xavier directly. And telepaths mask themselves from other telepaths all the time. That's not really impressive for any TP. And I don't agree with your second assertion either. Again, I've always maintained that Emma is at or near Xavier level. But I am gonna need more than a sneak attack that says she's stronger than him. You don't need to go through all the hoops Emma did to trap Xavier if she's that much more superior. Like I said, Lady Mastermind was able to do the same thing to Emma in a far quicker fashion and no one would ever seriously think she's stronger than Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    It wasn't an intentional lie, from me at any rate. I haven't read that issue of The Avengers since it first came out (it belonged to a friend of mine), but I do own the 80's Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Deluxe Edition, and that error is in her entry.

Probably lots of people got the wrong impression from that.
    Wasn't calling you a lair but I heard that statement before and it's one of my pet peeves when it comes to Moondragon, mostly because of Vs. Boards. What always gets me, she actually says what she did in the comic.

For illustration purposes:

Emma gets Charles and she has him sedated. It happens off panel we only get to see Charles sedated. How he ended up there is open to speculation but at the least she was able to mask herself/her minions to render him helpless

She might not have fought Xavier at all...if you read the issue just before the X-Men are captured, You will see that the Hellfire Club had specially designed armor suits to counter all the X-Men's powers. As a matter of fact, Emma talks about how the HellFire Club study the X-men and knew the best way to defeat them.

RCO017_1469325823.jpg

And for the second case. No, I am sorry but I donīt agree. With TP this kind of behaviour is what gives the triumph. Both are omega TPs so it goes down on how cleverly you use your gifts. Charles thought he could sneak in Scottīs mind undetected.. thinking he was more powerful/skilled than Emma. That was arrogant of him and it was his loss. Of course someone like Emma noticed and prepared. Then it was all downhill for Charles. He was lucky she actually is an X Man at her heart and not the evil White Queen up to her nose in booze and drugs of the old HFC times.

This is one of those times where you can say Emma won but when you know the full story...things get kind of shady. If I remember correctly, this fight took place after Exodus repaired Charles' brain...and it was stated that his memories and I think skill level wasn't at 100%. Still, an impressive feat by Emma, don't get me wrong but backstory plays a part in the outcome.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-17-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    She might not have fought Xavier at all...if you read the issue just before the X-Men are captured, You will see that the Hellfire Club had specially designed armor suits to counter all the X-Men's powers. As a matter of fact, Emma talks about how the HellFire Club study the X-men and knew the best way to defeat them.

RCO017_1469325823.jpg

This is one of those times where you can say Emma won but when you know the full story...things get kind of shady. If I remember correctly, this fight took place after Exodus repaired Charles' brain...and it was stated that his memories and I think skill level wasn't at 100%. Still, an impressive feat by Emma, don't get me wrong but backstory plays a part in the outcome.
    It was not stated that his skill level wasn't at 100%. He had memories anf that was only some memories but nothing effecting his skill was stated nor mentioned. Also Exodus repaired his brain perfectly
    His powers were actually stated to be boosted after RAFOTSE
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-17-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It was not stated that his skill level wasn't at 100%. He had memories but nothing effecting his skill was stated nor mentioned.
    It's just too murky for me. It's unclear how much time it took for Xavier to be back in tip top shape after Exodus repaired his brain. It was said he was already putting his mind at risk fighting Exodus who wasn't even trying to hurt him at the time. Emma's strong, but I just don't think these are good examples to try to use to try to show her superiority. There are too many extenuating variables and circumstances. You either compare their feats or someone writes them fighting without so many handicaps. Not that that ever really solves fan rumbles regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    It's just too murky for me. It's unclear how much time it took for Xavier to be back in tip top shape after Exodus repaired his brain. He was already putting his mind at risk fighting Exodus who wasn't even trying to hurt him at the time. Emma's strong, but I just don't think these are good examples to try to use to try to show her superiorty. There are too many extenuating variables and circumstances. You either compare their feats or someone writes them fighting without so many handicaps. Not that that ever really solves fan rumbles regardless.
    Xavier was never hindered telepathically. There was never any indication of that. Nor was it stated in Legacy. In case Frost is rival and that's shown with her blocking him in WWH

Xavier was never hindered telepathically. There was never any indication of that. Nor was it stated in Legacy. In case Frost is rival and that's shown with her blocking him in WWH
    I don't personally think he was either. But like I said, her having to do fail safes and sneak attacks and whatnot is not compelling evidence to me. It's as silly as trying to say that Lady M is stronger than Emma cause she got the drop on her quickly and incapcitated her for a quite awhile. But I am only referring to this instance. But to each their own. I don't have any more to add since I am just repeating myself.

A little OT but this was good to see from Marvel. Not to open up a can of worms, but with Disney buying Fox I am looking forward to Marvel not ignoring the X-men anymore. I can't wait to actually see them on merchandise in a big way again.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    The list is a automatic reject with a jobber like Emma being ahead of Legion...preposterous.
    You know, if you're gonna post something like this you should at least ring a bell first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I don't personally think he was either. But like I said, her having to do fail safes and sneak attacks and whatnot is not compelling evidence to me. It's as silly as trying to say that Lady M is stronger than Emma cause she got the drop on her quickly and incapcitated her for a quite awhile. But I am only referring to this instance. But to each their own. I don't have any more to add since I am just repeating myself.

A little OT but this was good to see from Marvel. Not to open up a can of worms, but with Disney buying Fox I am looking forward to Marvel not ignoring the X-men anymore. I can't wait to actually see them on merchandise in a big way again.
    Lady M was also boosted by Madelynes Magic and aided for hours by Empath and Emma still broke out of it.

As for Legion I think the list is talking about pure telepathy and using the Cuckoo's as batteries without her telepathy Emma beat him.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-17-2018 at 03:21 PM.

It was not stated that his skill level wasn't at 100%. He had memories anf that was only some memories but nothing effecting his skill was stated nor mentioned. Also Exodus repaired his brain perfectly
    His powers were actually stated to be boosted after RAFOTSE
    He kept talking about stuff was missing, memories are also tied to skill level. As a matter of fact, Exodus was holding onto his memories during their battle.

RCO014_1464694998.jpg

RCO021_1464694998.jpg

RCO019_1464695060.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-17-2018 at 03:29 PM.

He kept talking about stuff was missing, memories are also tied to skill level. As a matter of fact, Exodus was holding onto his memories during their battle.

RCO014_1464694998.jpg

RCO021_1464694998.jpg
    He never said skill. The memories that were missing were not tied to his skill they were tied to his trauma. He never had any difficulty walking or using the bathroom either. You are making that assumption even though he had no issue shutting Exodus power off. He had no difficulty accessing his power or any difficulty knowing what an astral fight is.

Additionally, he faced Mr Sinister in the arc right before Emma too and had no issue there either
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-17-2018 at 03:30 PM.

He never said skill. The memories that were missing were not tied to his skill they were tied to his trauma. He never had any difficulty walking or using the bathroom either. You are making that assumption even though he had no issue shutting Exodus power off. He had no difficulty accessing his power or any difficulty knowing what an astral fight is.

Additionally, he faced Mr Sinister in the arc right before Emma too and had no issue there either
    Did I say all of his skill was gone...NO? Some of his memories and emotional ties are gone, which likely means some of the skill he learned as a seasoned telepathy are gone too.

It's the same thing when Emma fought Rachel. Rachel had the power but Emma had all the skill.

Also, I never said Sinister was a powerful telepath. He proved to be more powerful then Psylocke but that was a long time ago.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-17-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Did I say all of his skill was gone...NO? Some of his memories and emotional ties are gone, which likely means some of the skill he learned as a seasoned telepathy are gone too.

It's the same thing when Emma fought Rachel, Rachel has the power but Emma had all the skill.

Also, I never said Sinister was a powerful telepathy. He proved to be more powerful then Psylocke but that was a long time ago.
    Sinister was listed as top 5 most gifted telepaths in Carey's run and Carey wrote legacy. You are saying some of his skills were gone. Which was never indicated. And enough time elapsed between him being just recovered to him meeting Cyclops in the woods. Again he had an entire Sinister arc before it and did fine there. After he disposed of the acolytes and got onto a helicopter with Osborn and then Emma used him to access the white room in the sentry's brain to halt the void
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 04-17-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Sinister was listed as top 5 most gifted telepaths in Carey's run and Carey wrote legacy. You are saying some of his skills were gone. Which was never indicated. And enough time elapsed between him being just recovered to him meeting Cyclops in the woods. Again he had an entire Sinister arc before it and did fine there.
    Where was Sinister ranked in Carey's run? As a matter of fact, how times have Sinister fought someone telepathically?

When you come upon a flashing yellow light do you automatically know what to do or do you have to think about what the proper thing to do in that situation? Skill level is connected to memories.

Again, don't get me wrong I'm not trying to undermine Emma just certain things should be pointed out in that fight.