Page 559 of 568 FirstFirst ... 59459509549555556557558559560561562563 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 8518
    BANNED

the [Green Lantern] comic is meant to question the notion of justice in a universe with only two human Green Lanterns… hmm.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...green-lantern/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    This looks real nice.

I've been looking for another John figure to collect. Looks like I found one.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I read that article. It's interesting how Desh sort of speculated that DC might've approach this to Morrison about writing Green Lantern.

And no, I don't think the second human Green Lantern is going to be John Stewart, especially if it's Dan Didio asking Morrison to make a pitch exclusively about Hal Jordan.

Kyle and Jessica have higher chances on being in this book than John does.

Sure, it'll be the most logical choice, since there's a possibility that there's going to be a movie starring the two characters. But Dan Didio has always been part of the problems with John Stewart.

But other than that, I'm glad John is finally in a Justice League book, which is a start.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I read that article. It's interesting how Desh sort of speculated that DC might've approach this to Morrison about writing Green Lantern.

And no, I don't think the second human Green Lantern is going to be John Stewart, especially if it's Dan Didio asking Morrison to make a pitch exclusively about Hal Jordan.

Sure, it'll be the most logical choice, since there's a possibility that there's going to be a movie starring the two characters. But Dan Didio has always been part of the problems with John Stewart.

But other than that, I'm glad John is finally in a Justice League book, which is a start.
    I think there will only be two human Lanterns in this universe--John and Hal, with John on Earth while Hal is in space. Jessica will likely keep her powers as well but be sent into a different dimension in Odyssey. What happens to the other three Earth Lanterns is anyone's guess. No way John is an Ultraviolet Lantern for long. It's a fun idea for a one off arc, but a terrible identity beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I think there will only be two human Lanterns in this universe--John and Hal, with John on Earth while Hal is in space. Jessica will likely keep her powers as well but be sent into a different dimension in Odyssey. What happens to the other three Earth Lanterns is anyone's guess. No way John is an Ultraviolet Lantern for long. It's a fun idea for a one off arc, but a terrible identity beyond that.
    Yea, I don't see John being an Ultra Violet for long either. I'm sure it's going to end when the league figures out on how to take on the Legion of Doom.

But regarding John's potential to be in Morrison's book: Even if that's the case, he may even be a secondary character, which I really have no interest in reading. From what I've read, Dan Didio wants Grant Morrison to write on Hal Jordan. So that character is more priority than whoever's sharing the book with Hal. If they were equal priorities, then yea, I'll have that book on my pull list.

BANNED

Yea, I don't see John being an Ultra Violet for long either. I'm sure it's going to end when the league figures out on how to take on the Legion of Doom.

But regarding John's potential to be in Morrison's book: Even if that's the case, he may even be a secondary character, which I really have no interest in reading. From what I've read, Dan Didio wants Grant Morrison to write on Hal Jordan. So that character is more priority than whoever's sharing the book with Hal. If they were equal priorities, then yea, I'll have that book on my pull list.
    Oh, i don't think John will be in the Green Lantern title much either. I just think there are only 2 GLs in the main DCU.

Extraordinary Member

It would be silly for John not to be a Green Lantern, especially if the film is truly in development.

We get two years of Snyder love for John. Hopefully, over creators will utilize John once Snyder's run is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It would be silly for John not to be a Green Lantern, especially if the film is truly in development.

We get two years of Snyder love for John. Hopefully, over creators will utilize John once Snyder's run is over.
    Such is the life for us John Stewart fans. Always hoping and praying that he'll get the big time treatment the others do with very possible disappointment around the corner. I don't see why they can't co-star in the book considering the movie that's coming out soon; seems like DC's gonna shoot itself in the foot again by being needlessly stubborn. I don't want it to be like in the GJ era where he was only in the Justice League book and not starring in any Green Lantern title. And in all honesty, if DC is hell bent on using Hal Jordan, then have both John and Hal as the main/status quo Green Lanterns (like in Young Justice) and call it a day. They're the two most well known and requested Lanterns, so why not just use both? Just do it like the Superman/Batman books from the early-mid 2000s. I know it's not ideal for John because one singular GL can get all the focus, whereas with two they have to split the attention, but it's better than being sidelined with only possibilities of showing up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    Such is the life for us John Stewart fans. Always hoping and praying that he'll get the big time treatment the others do with very possible disappointment around the corner. I don't see why they can't co-star in the book considering the movie that's coming out soon; seems like DC's gonna shoot itself in the foot again by being needlessly stubborn. I don't want it to be like in the GJ era where he was only in the Justice League book and not starring in any Green Lantern title. And in all honesty, if DC is hell bent on using Hal Jordan, then have both John and Hal as the main/status quo Green Lanterns (like in Young Justice) and call it a day. They're the two most well known and requested Lanterns, so why not just use both? Just do it like the Superman/Batman books from the early-mid 2000s. I know it's not ideal for John because one singular GL can get all the focus, whereas with two they have to split the attention, but it's better than being sidelined with only possibilities of showing up.
    Yeah, sharing a book with Hal would likely lead to John playing second fiddle. If he's one of only 2 GLs in the universe, he's the GL most likely to carry his own title next. I'd rather he have his own solo.

Maybe Morrison wanted to focus just on Hal. DiDio did talk about persuading Morrison to do GL and wanting to put Hal on the forefront again, but Morrison usually has enough freedom to pretty much do whatever he likes in his stories, so if he wanted to use both characters or another Lantern altogether, he would've done so. I doubt DiDio would've been willing to miss the opportunity to have Grant Morrison on Green Latnern if Morrison told him he was only doing GL if he wasn't writing Hal or that he would write Hal but only in conjunction with another character. Grant must've just liked the idea to explore Hal. I also don't see doing a 12-issue story that focuses on the guy the franchise has revolved around for the better part of the last 60 years as stubbornness on DC's part, maybe some writers just want to write Hal. Bendis does. Snyder wanted to have John in his book, so he's using John. Morrison wanted Hal so he's writing Hal.

Maybe Morrison wanted to focus just on Hal. DiDio did talk about persuading Morrison to do GL and wanting to put Hal on the forefront again, but Morrison usually has enough freedom to pretty much do whatever he likes in his stories, so if he wanted to use both characters or another Lantern altogether, he would've done so. I doubt DiDio would've been willing to miss the opportunity to have Grant Morrison on Green Latnern if Morrison told him he was only doing GL if he wasn't writing Hal or that he would write Hal but only in conjunction with another character. Grant must've just liked the idea to explore Hal. I also don't see doing a 12-issue story that focuses on the guy the franchise has revolved around for the better part of the last 60 years as stubbornness on DC's part, maybe some writers just want to write Hal. Bendis does. Snyder wanted to have John in his book, so he's using John. Morrison wanted Hal so he's writing Hal.
    I get what you're saying here, but what I mean by stubbornness is the fact that Hal has been given chance after chance after chance leading books regardless of the outcome, when John has only gotten one book (which won't ever be collected, and for good reason), and has been pushed to the side in favor of Hal for those 60 years when all he ever did was succeed for DC the few times he was used. I'm not saying permanently bench a character for failing one time, but after failing multiple times to the point where they had to nuke the whole GL franchise and reboot it to regain interest, then there's a problem. I remember reading about a pitch for an All-Star Green Lantern book starring John being turned down, some writers have that level of power (like Morrison), but others don't. For the other writers, they have to hope the higher-ups approve their pitches, or it's a no-go. With all the people in the comics department, I find it hard to believe that only a few of them actually wanted to write for John. Again, Hal is my second favorite and I'm not attacking him or his fans. I'm just pointing out that despite all the love John is getting now, I can't confidently say he's going to keep getting it in the future like I can for the other characters (Supes, Bats, WW, Flash, Aquaman, Hal) because he has a historical lack of attention despite him being just as worthy as all the other Lanterns.

Well, maybe DC doesn't feel the need to blame those failures on Hal just because he happened to be a part of them. It's not on the character that he was in a **** movie or that the acclaimed cartoon he was in was canceled as part of the aftermath. And I'm totally with you on DC approving good pitches for all characters involved without picking favorites, the problem is they've never treated the characters of this franchise as equals. If Hal wasn't the public face of the brand, it was Kyle during the 90s, or John during the early 2000s, perhaps John again in the future if the GLC movie is a success and he turns out to be the breakout character, as I very much expect him to be. But in any of these scenarios we end up with one guy on top and everyone else pushed to the side. That's how DC has always conducted its business when it comes to Green Lantern. They have no solid plan or long-term direction and when they start feeling like it's time to change things up, they usually decide to create more characters which only leads to more problems.

So just to point this out, I don't think it's about who is worthy, which John Stewart is without question, it's about which characters serve whatever purpose DC thinks they serve at a given time.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-20-2018 at 03:46 PM.

I think what we heard at SDCC pretty much confirms Dan Didio wanted Grant Morrison to write Hal and that's that. Everything else is just speculation from this point on. It all makes sense now, especially on what Ethan Van Sciver said on this very thread. The only way for John to get his own book is for Hal Jordan to succeed first. Van Sciver said it then and it's starting to repeat itself now. I'm more than sure Van Sciver and Didio share those same views, which is why Dan Didio's vision for reaching the Green Lantern franchise back to A-List status is to use Hal Jordan first.

Morrison may have power as you've said, but who knows, but MAYBE Grant Morrison requested to Dan Didio in order to make the deal solid to write this book, is for him to use another Green Lantern as well, along with Hal.

More John merchandise at SDCC.