Page 778 of 782 FirstFirst ... 278678728768774775776777778779780781782 LastLast
Results 11,656 to 11,670 of 11718
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Sarada seemed rather spirited on first impression, but not in a bad way. She had encountered Sayains before but said meetings were few and far in between during her travels as a merc doing various jobs. Sarada, her sister and her mate had left a more positive note then a sour one. True she had leered and some would of been aghast but Aleka knew some were going to look; she wasn't naive that her girls so to speak tended to stand out. Just as long as no one touched her without permission she wasn't going to make a big deal about being looked at.

Aleka wish she could offer some more insight to what Sarada was talking about, but sadly she knew very little of the subject. On the other hand, pretty much most or all martial art schools had some basic fundamentals to them that transcended disciplines.

She'd just have to amend that error of her ignorance as time went on.

"I have techniques I can choose which element, but mostly if I had to pick I'd say fire and lighting.." Aleka mind was already putting things into place for the conversation. "But you know, you can do more then just standard blast of energy attacks with elemental properties. It can also be used to various defense and offensive purposes with more exotic results depending on how skilled the user is. For example, someone could suck the heat out of a person or object with prolonged contact since its an aspect of fire, or can turn their body briefly into water to avoid a fatal physical blow. Or solid objects made of earth you could 'feel' certain things from them. Not normally too useful in a fight, but if you're investigating? That's a huge boon."

"That's the gist of it, I haven't gotten mastery level ye. Maybe we can exchange techniques one day." Aleka finished, briefly pausing. "..Though, there used to be a lot of enemity between the different schools. It used to be each element sort of stuck into their own box before being brought into a umbrella. A lot of pride, ego and tradition got in the way of that happening back then."
    Just like Sarada thought. Lightning punches and fire kicks were just too kickass to not abuse in battle whenever one could. Didn't sound like she could choose all four elements to use at the same time, but that was probably a capability; all Aleke would need was a little training. Training Sarada would have been more than happy to participate in, if the bunny warrior was willing to let her.

From the sounds of how eager she was to spar with the Saiyan, training shouldn't have been too much of a hassle. "Awesome! Training with you should be fun!"

Not only for combat, but elements were good for other stuff. Water and air for evasion and survival, earth for extra sensory capabilities, and not even mentioning the other benefits of controlling fire. But, hm. "Strife between the martial arts schools, huh?" She glanced at Ochazuke briefly. "Sounds familiar. I think you and my friend will have a lot to talk about."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As Aleka put her Elemental method to work, Parsley and Karine began to speculate just what the enigmatic First Ones sought. Certainly, the recordings in Wilhelm's archive, the remnants of a desperate war against the machine giants were plain enough to see.

Yet Asha'rah's fragmented memories struck her words dumb as she beheld the history of carnage. The fact remained that she let them in. What she said Ochazuke would not forget.

"Colonization."

The first time he had heard of these Ancients was at their end. Other than the old man that stood across from them, the road to Terra's end was marked in the blooded soil and shattered earth where the monolithic Cairnstones stood. The stagnant, perpetual rot among the silenced voice of that grave world remained close to his mind ever since they had returned.

In spite of this, a dark chuckle left him as he considered Parsley's thoughts on the matter.

"They staked their claim to Terra for their own interests," he said, a familiar darkness falling over his eyes as he looked her way, the like of which hadn't been seldom shown since before Jagam arrived. "With all they had at their disposal, still they wanted more."

A familiar and tiresome story. Its legacy now stretched across the shores of shattered time. Yet there was something else in the course of this idle musing that struck Ochazuke as well.

"A well of bottomless energy...and all they could think to do with it was arm a weapon," he said. In the mortal shells of Glacia and Koolard, their effects were already well-pronounced. Within the machines they came from, the civilizations they attacked crumbled. "But why would they conquer at all, unless they were after something?"
    Colonization and conquest went hand in hand, assuming the land was already occupied. One usually led to the other, either in desire or in action. The First Race immigrated to the universe and perhaps saw territories ripe with whatever they needed or desired. That there were people already occupying those worlds was of little consequence. Those with immense power at their disposal - relatively speaking - rarely gave a care about those who without. If they did, the Saiyan race would not be as reviled as it was.

Ochazuke raised a good point, and one worth mulling over. What was here that the First Race was willing to colonize and conquer? The Saiyans wanted to rule everything, as they felt they were the strongest in creation. What about the First Race? What object or birthright did they feel they had supreme right over?

"A noteworthy question. The answer to which is one I feel will lead to even more questions, though," she commented. "Though, I have a feeling we'll find that answer when we face The Doctor." It didn't escape her acute notice that there were ships in the videos that were of the same make as the ones The Doctor used during his invasion. It seemed that either he was poaching their technology, or he and they were in league in some capacity.

If the latter, then why? What did The First Race have to gain from allying themselves with someone whose goals were wholly destructive and beneficial to no one except two people? If she could get in contact with him again, she would ask. Since he was completely confident in his victory and planned on dying anyway, there should have been no inner conflict about answering.

Of course, this was all assuming the First Race was even still around. If they weren't, then the answer was simple. Jinzi simply stumbled across their technology during his search for a set of dragonballs or something, and used that to his advantage.

Part of her hoped that was the answer, while the other half hoped it wasn't. That part wanted to see this so-called First Race for herself and compare her strength against theirs.

Luckily, her more practical side was winning out.

So far.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Mama Sarada a monkey, she's already thinking about where and when she'll challenge you to the next fight." Erosa proclaimed, collecting up some of the plates. "She'll congratulate you in her own way ero."

While she moved to put the dishes away another Erosa, the larva version, stepped in to take her place. "Multi~ply? Gao~More like....grow four extra Erosas from body.....four extra arms shaped like erosa, cept not arms...and can talk....and do other stuff............Erosa's comparison falling apart gao."

"It's a technique!" Adult Erosa chimed in. "We split up into 5 of us....Its great for the housework and those cold, lonely nights when just one erosa isn't enough."

"Gao~!" The baby Erosa announced in protest, making sure the human understood she wasn't involved in any of that and also was 18 years old.

"Your lookin a bit in the dumps for a guy who beat the Saiyan Queen in a fight....You feeling ok?" Adult Erosa leaned forward and smiled. "You can use my lap as a pillow anyday."
    "Just a headache..." A headache that has been persistent for some time. Maybe it was the pain, but his brain seemed to throb in agony with each word he could decipher from Erosa.

"I just need some rest--?!" Trying to rise from his seat, the boy tumbled backward, his head smacking the floor with a loud THWACK!. Thankfully, his headache overpowered any pain he might have felt from the blow, allowing him to quickly get to his feet albeit unsteady.

"Y-yeah... maybe some rest." The boy repeated to himself as if trying to make himself believe it as he stumbled from the kitchen. Placing a hand against the nearby wall for support, the boy was unaware that patches of reptilian scales had begun to form.

Praxat stands next to her mech as she observes the situation, " Hmm with all these attacks on the Lookout I think the place needs a little refortified for increase protection. It be a good idea if we refortified the Lookout to increase it's overall durability. Qaztoh created this anti acid gel compound called Kaithium that might be of some use of adding more protection to the Lookout," Praxat said.

Praxat taps the mechanical device on her chest ," She also apparently gets her stuff from a person name Joe who runs this electronics , hardware , and material store on a planet call Vumpu. Apparently this guy carries rare and exotic stuff from various planets. I know that the Lookout doesn't really need a defense mechanism so no need to worried about that. Still any defense mechanism including Galaxy Police's defense mechanism for This planet would not be hundred percent full proof, because of the laws of physics and mathematics makes it impossible," Praxat said.

Althena touches Meagan on her right shoulder, " Meagan I 'm so happy for you and Jinzi. I'll await the birth of your child and when that day comes I want to give your child a gift , but I'm not sure what kids in this era like," Althena said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-05-2019 at 05:51 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "I see you've not read up on the reports yet, sir," Blizzar couldn't help but chuckle. "Your fellow Earthlings have proven formidable in defense of their planet. Not too mention the allies they've gathered from various worlds. There are no less than three Saiyans here, for instance. Possibly more, they seem to sprout up like weeds," Blizzar coughed.

"At any rate, they've defeated the likes of one of they've the Gaurdian-possessing parasites, the Nagadarr, the recently uncovered Threshling threat, repelled an invading force which included a..." Blizzar looked a if he were about to vomit for a brief moment. "A Saiyan-Arcosian hybrid....so, suffice to say they are quite qualified. Sir," he concluded, saluting once more.
    “Very well then, just the ships then. They should be there in a day, max. But stay on your toes, Blizzar. Mourn out.”

The comm cuts off.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The dull glow of the ki construct sat in his hand and reflected the image present on the datapad with an uncanny fidelity. Ochazuke's fingers tightened around the mantle of burning glass shrouding the unbeating heart. The shape of the Doctor's weapon, restored to its original integrity.

For a long moment, he poured his sense into this structure. This was their lead, the pathway through time itself their enemy spoke through. Seeking to find the most direct path towards that stellar grave, he reached out to find a fixed point to where he dwelled. Four of Nine. If it resonates with the others, that will be our way in. Staring at the recreation, he exhaled sharply, eyes unblinking as he scoured its subliminal surface with a look of stark obsession.

After a long moment, the light in his hand dulled, and the inert heart resumed its fixed mechanical shape. "Cheh."

Possessed of those qualities, denoted from a desperate inference, there would be no answers to what he sought. It was a weightless artifice, its very nature only holding what he had projected upon it in that very moment.

"Eight...no with Koolard dead, Seven remain," he reiterated to Wilhelm, his face hardened. "Our opportunities narrow while he has all of Time to draw from."

The wounds at his sides and shoulder seemed to shed their ache. Had sensation dulled because of Nevanlinna's healing? After fighting the Doctor's children, the idle moment seemed to stretch before him as if a great plateau. A pronounced sigh escaped him as he grit his teeth through the numb malaise.

"...the Portal Wizard. Where is he?"
    “Ready to go.”

Pike walks up and motions to the RoSaT.

“In and out. Ten, twenty minutes tops. I owe you that much. Elder Nail will be more than willing to condense and hand over the nexus.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Both joy and relief brought a smile to Meagan's face as she then hugged him, "You'll make for a wonderful father."
    “And you a wonderful mother.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    It was going to be tricky to see how well this worked since it was safe to say she hadn't ever done this with a device that came from another time line. "It's hard to explain but short end of it, before I demonstrate is basically seeing around the general area of the object about a week back at most. Suffice to say, never bothered with another time line so drain is probably going to be a bitch. One moment."

Aleka held a hand, gently placing it on the heart as she closed her eyes and began to concentrate. During this, she'd see around the object to a week back and see if she'd find anything of interest. As she did this, her aura turned a soft brown as she began to get to work.

All right, let's see if we find anything interesting..

(OCC: Up to Cleric what she finds, if anything)

The emotions around the room were intense, but also muted since most of those present were trained warriors with a proper grasp of their emotions. When she was younger, it had been overwhelming at times before she had gotten a good handle on things, though thankfully back then her empath powers hadn't been nearly as strong.

Aleka had offered to help, and though Karine wished to do the same she had no skills to help in matter like these. The only tool she had was her mind but even then she was hardly the only one that had a intelligent one.

For the briefest moment, she doubted her presence here before it was ruthlessly crushed.

No. She wasn't the same well meaning but slightly naive girl from before. If she couldn't help one way at the given time, she could help another.

So, after a moment, she asked Parsley. "Hypothetically speaking.." The young woman began. "If you had control and production of such beings, what would you mainly use them for?"

It was vague, but on purpose but there was a point and that was mainly to get the scholarly gears running in her head. And since Parsley was among those present that had apart of a empire and thus knowledge of the subject of war perhaps something would come of the ironing out of ideas.
    The world view warps, changes, and she sees the heart being inserted. A man, older in face with bright blue eyes stands over the heart, performing the surgery. A Blue skinned male Oni stands beside him, muttering and enchanting.

And behind, in the dark, golden eyes watch and smirk. A tall female of some sort.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“I remember.”

Asha’rah speaks up quietly.

“I remember now, them fleeing universe 18. They begged me, while I still spun this place into existence. They begged me sanctuary. They said they were fleeing extinction. I allowed them passage and a small world to settle upon, Calas they named it, with an asteroid field separating and protecting them. They did not last long beyond that, and they made no move to act violently. I saw them as refugees.”

Her hands clench.

“It seems only a few were.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “I remember.”

Asha’rah speaks up quietly.

“I remember now, them fleeing universe 18. They begged me, while I still spun this place into existence. They begged me sanctuary. They said they were fleeing extinction. I allowed them passage and a small world to settle upon, Calas they named it, with an asteroid field separating and protecting them. They did not last long beyond that, and they made no move to act violently. I saw them as refugees.”

Her hands clench.

“It seems only a few were.”
    The goddess finally found the memories of her interactions with the First Race in the locked away recesses of her mind. They came to her from 18 as refugees, begging sanctuary, as they were escaping extinction. That was obviously a falsehood, but at the time, there was no way to know that. They were settled on Calas, with an asteroid field protecting them from possible invaders.

Hm.

Parsley glanced at Ochazuke briefly.

"Do you remember the location of this planet Calas?" she inquired of Asha'rah. "If The Doctor is using their technology for his own purposes, then he would have to have access to their planet. If we find Calas, we may find Jinzi, also."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The goddess finally found the memories of her interactions with the First Race in the locked away recesses of her mind. They came to her from 18 as refugees, begging sanctuary, as they were escaping extinction. That was obviously a falsehood, but at the time, there was no way to know that. They were settled on Calas, with an asteroid field protecting them from possible invaders.

Hm.

Parsley glanced at Ochazuke briefly.

"Do you remember the location of this planet Calas?" she inquired of Asha'rah. "If The Doctor is using their technology for his own purposes, then he would have to have access to their planet. If we find Calas, we may find Jinzi, also."
    “Perhaps. I shalll meditate on it and see if the memory becomes clearer.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Just like Sarada thought. Lightning punches and fire kicks were just too kickass to not abuse in battle whenever one could. Didn't sound like she could choose all four elements to use at the same time, but that was probably a capability; all Aleke would need was a little training. Training Sarada would have been more than happy to participate in, if the bunny warrior was willing to let her.

From the sounds of how eager she was to spar with the Saiyan, training shouldn't have been too much of a hassle. "Awesome! Training with you should be fun!"

Not only for combat, but elements were good for other stuff. Water and air for evasion and survival, earth for extra sensory capabilities, and not even mentioning the other benefits of controlling fire. But, hm. "Strife between the martial arts schools, huh?" She glanced at Ochazuke briefly. "Sounds familiar. I think you and my friend will have a lot to talk about."
    Aleka smiled slightly at her enthusiasm, now that she was thinking of it Sarada did remind her of a few students she had back at home. "I'm looking forward to it when we have the time. There are things you can learn from a person in a fight you'd be surprised at. How they carry themselves, what they do in certain situations, all the way if they cower, face or block in certain moments. When I was younger, my teacher told me that and being young I thought I knew everything so I kind of dismissed it as 'sage master talk' or something. Turns out they knew what they were talking about, I just had to learn it myself."

When she addressed her fellow martial artist, the one she had yet to give a name for her interest piqued at the school part. So she hadn't been wrong after all.

"He's an interesting one." Aleka began. "When I first met them, he didn't give me his name, I think he's testing the waters since I'm new here. Strange as it might sound, I want to earn his name so if you could help it don't give me it just yet. "

"A method to trace the path of the material through space itself?" It sounded feasible, similar to the scrying method of the magicians. But what more could be unveiled?

Still, the subliminal matters revealed by Battle Meditation were limited to unshrouding the truth of the present and the inner, hidden depths therein. "What the heart came from we now know, but to find the origin from what it once was, not merely its form or the residual energy itself may lay in its matter. But if it will bring us any closer to the Doctor...all it will cost us is time."

Colonization and conquest went hand in hand, assuming the land was already occupied. One usually led to the other, either in desire or in action. The First Race immigrated to the universe and perhaps saw territories ripe with whatever they needed or desired. That there were people already occupying those worlds was of little consequence. Those with immense power at their disposal - relatively speaking - rarely gave a care about those who without. If they did, the Saiyan race would not be as reviled as it was.

Ochazuke raised a good point, and one worth mulling over. What was here that the First Race was willing to colonize and conquer? The Saiyans wanted to rule everything, as they felt they were the strongest in creation. What about the First Race? What object or birthright did they feel they had supreme right over?

"A noteworthy question. The answer to which is one I feel will lead to even more questions, though," she commented. "Though, I have a feeling we'll find that answer when we face The Doctor." It didn't escape her acute notice that there were ships in the videos that were of the same make as the ones The Doctor used during his invasion. It seemed that either he was poaching their technology, or he and they were in league in some capacity.

If the latter, then why? What did The First Race have to gain from allying themselves with someone whose goals were wholly destructive and beneficial to no one except two people? If she could get in contact with him again, she would ask. Since he was completely confident in his victory and planned on dying anyway, there should have been no inner conflict about answering.

Of course, this was all assuming the First Race was even still around. If they weren't, then the answer was simple. Jinzi simply stumbled across their technology during his search for a set of dragonballs or something, and used that to his advantage.

Part of her hoped that was the answer, while the other half hoped it wasn't. That part wanted to see this so-called First Race for herself and compare her strength against theirs.

Luckily, her more practical side was winning out.

So far.
    "All valid points."

Karine couldn't disagree with any of the ideas and theories put out for the group to digest. It didn't yield any results besides further speculation but it did at least get her mind pumping.

"I do hope their actual name isn't The First race." Karine mumbled. "That would say a lot more about them if that was the case.."

Logically she couldn't think of a reason for it, such a race should of had all its material needs met and then some with the kind of techology they had. So to her, it had likely to do with conquest. "Though, we may also have possibly accept the fact our potential enemies are, well, alien in mind set. Humans, Nosferartu and even Sayains have differences but a lot can be chalked up as culture, and even then said things can be from a point of view we can understand. However, The First Race may work from a point of view and line of thought that wouldn't make sense to any of us. I think we take for granted how similar many aliens we know about and encounter here we can understand."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The world view warps, changes, and she sees the heart being inserted. A man, older in face with bright blue eyes stands over the heart, performing the surgery. A Blue skinned male Oni stands beside him, muttering and enchanting.

And behind, in the dark, golden eyes watch and smirk. A tall female of some sort.
    Aleka hadn't answered, too deep in her concentration to say or add anything as she dove too deep to offer her own insight.

Though as suddenly as it happened, the vision ended and Aleka backed away from the heart slightly, looking tired and a bit out of it.

"Are you all right Aleka?" Karine asked slightly concerned.

The older woman shook her head. "Yeah..one second kick is a bitch like I thought it be. Never dove that far back from a object from another time." She took a breath as she stood up straighter. "I saw what seemed to be a old man with bright blue eyes working on the heart, a blue skinned male Oni was muttering something but no idea what they were saying. In the dark and in the background, there was golden eyes watching. I couldn't make it out, but they looked female to me and then the vision ended. Not sure if any of that means anything you guys because I'm just as confused and lost as I was before.."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It wasn't long before Meagan overheard something

"Jinzi," her expression became one of concern, "Has something happened while I was away?"
    He explains about what they had discovered regarding the Doctor, his working with Marduk, the appearance of Glacia’s Dreadnaught heart and what Wilhelm was able to share about the First Race, and attempting to locate The Doctor’s base through various means.

“I also called the GP and got permission to use their new prototype ship, the Coldlight, to travel at far faster speeds to get to the Doctor’s secret First Race base.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Praxat crosses her arms , " However There is no guarantee that if we find this Planet Calas , that we will find The Doctor , because even though he possibly might have access to that planet . There's a chance he might not be on said planet, just like there's a possibility that a coin when flip could stand on it's side, rather than land heads or tails. With expectation there are no absolutes, a expectation such as Jinzi no matter what alternate timeline will always be human. Yeah I had a talk with Zurvan about how time works from his perspective," Praxat said.

Praxat taps on the mechanical device on her chest," The probability of us finding the Doctor if we find this planet Calas is not hundred percent. It would only be at most ninety nine percent if we're lucky or if we're unlucky it could be one percent. Hmm if we had the coordinates to this planet Calas, then Qaztoh's Quantum Teleportation watch could teleport us there, but like she would ever let go of that watch. So that's a moot point," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-05-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat crosses her arms , " However There is no guarantee that if we find this Planet Calas , that we will find The Doctor , because even though he possibly might have access to that planet . There's a chance he might not be on said planet, just like there's a possibility that a coin when flip could stand on it's side, rather than land heads or tails. With expectation there are no absolutes, a expectation such as Jinzi no matter what alternate timeline will always be human. Yeah I had a talk with Zurvan about how time works from his perspective," Praxat said.

Praxat taps on the mechanical device on her chest," The probability of us finding the Doctor if we find this planet Calas is not hundred percent. It would only be at most ninety nine percent if we're lucky or if we're unlucky it could be one percent," Praxat said.
    “That would be true if we were going purely off a spatial location, but with other means to track it like the heart, the chaff, etc....our chances are quite a bit better.” Jinzi says as he moves up.

“I talked to Commissioner Mourn of the GP, he’s sending two ships here. One is the Coldlight, that experimental ship I mentioned, and the other set to watch over Earth, with Miras Thane as commander. Should be here in a day.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM