View Poll Results: Who are your favorite Generation X heroes?

Voters
395. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean Cassidy

125 31.65%
  • Emma Frost

143 36.20%
  • Jubilee

156 39.49%
  • Chamber

142 35.95%
  • M

144 36.46%
  • Husk

104 26.33%
  • Penance

75 18.99%
  • Synch

91 23.04%
  • Skin

55 13.92%
  • Mondo

27 6.84%
  • Gaia

11 2.78%
  • Artie and Leech

36 9.11%
  • Blink

82 20.76%
  • Maggot

22 5.57%
  • Vincente (AoA)

19 4.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1785

Too cute not to share.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    More than 10 actually. Its been 15. Unfortunately, Marvel refuses to let the New X-men era kids grow up. The fact that he was still a student in Gen X was ridiculous. X-23 seems to be the exception
    Am I the only one who remembers that he actually graduated in Wolverine and the X-Men? I mean, when he showed up for the relaunch of the comic it was as a teaching assistant. How did he end up a student again? Did they take his diploma away?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Am I the only one who remembers that he actually graduated in Wolverine and the X-Men? I mean, when he showed up for the relaunch of the comic it was as a teaching assistant. How did he end up a student again? Did they take his diploma away?
    kinda bold of you to assume marvel would follow their own continuity

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

I'm somewhere in the middle on Generation X. While I do think it was the best X-book out there in a while and I did like Strains writing; I don't think it's anywhere near as good as the original Generation X, or even New Mutants or New X-Men. I think a lot of current X-books have this issue; they're okay books but the minute you look at older X-books they seem a little disappointing in comparison.
    Besides the art, I disliked how Strain seemed to want to focus more on interpersonal issues, and patched the superhero storyline on last minute. The X-Men just come off as really terrible people for leaving Monet possessed by Emplate and letting her more or less chow down on the Morlocks.

Another issue was the fact that I don't think the lovable losers angle really could have substained the book for a year. I think it would have been more successful if she had added one or two more popular C-Listers, like Pixie; but I think what ultimately killed the book was having Quentin. I personally won't read anything with Kid Omega after that god awful 'Wolverine and the X-Men' book. Several people who I talked to have said the same thing. Quire is too polarizing a character, in my opinion, to be the focal point of a series; even in Morrison's he was never really a main character. I really liked the other characters when the focus was on them, but the spotlight almost inevitably always went back to Quire. (Plus, there is no way Strain will ever be able to convince me Quire has abs...)

That being said, if Strain ends up doing another series, I would absolutely pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by RoamingGnome8 View Post
    I'm somewhere in the middle on Generation X. While I do think it was the best X-book out there in a while and I did like Strains writing; I don't think it's anywhere near as good as the original Generation X, or even New Mutants or New X-Men. I think a lot of current X-books have this issue; they're okay books but the minute you look at older X-books they seem a little disappointing in comparison.
    Besides the art, I disliked how Strain seemed to want to focus more on interpersonal issues, and patched the superhero storyline on last minute. The X-Men just come off as really terrible people for leaving Monet possessed by Emplate and letting her more or less chow down on the Morlocks.

Another issue was the fact that I don't think the lovable losers angle really could have substained the book for a year. I think it would have been more successful if she had added one or two more popular C-Listers, like Pixie; but I think what ultimately killed the book was having Quentin. I personally won't read anything with Kid Omega after that god awful 'Wolverine and the X-Men' book. Several people who I talked to have said the same thing. Quire is too polarizing a character, in my opinion, to be the focal point of a series; even in Morrison's he was never really a main character. I really liked the other characters when the focus was on them, but the spotlight almost inevitably always went back to Quire. (Plus, there is no way Strain will ever be able to convince me Quire has abs...)

That being said, if Strain ends up doing another series, I would absolutely pick it up.
    Im on the opposite end. Quentin was the only kid I was interested in. Given that the focus wasnt really on the Gen X vets, having Quire in there was the only reason worth caring about that group

Im on the opposite end. Quentin was the only kid I was interested in. Given that the focus wasnt really on the Gen X vets, having Quire in there was the only reason worth caring about that group
    I think there were better X-Teen characters Strain could have chosen besides Kid Omega, personally; but I do agree the cast as a whole wasn't really eye catching/characters people would immediately be invested in other than Bling!.

I could get behind Hindsight, since there is very few Asian males in comics- other than Sunspot and Thunderbird III. Nature Girl, Eyeboy, and Morph probably weren't the best choices however; considering both Bendis and WATXM's runs were mixed with fans.

I think the other problem was advertising- calling it 'Generation X' led to fans assuming it was going to be the original characters reuniting. Then the early picture they released for it had pictures of all the X-Teen groups, leading people to think it was going to be a conglomerate of characters from all the books.
    It was something that was bound to lead to disappointment after all the hype- Marvel would have been better off releasing the cast names immediately after the title was announced and pricing it at 2.99 instead of 3.99.

Honey, do you have Sunspot confused? Roberto is not Asian.

Sunfire perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Honey, do you have Sunspot confused? Roberto is not Asian.

Sunfire perhaps?
    Yeah, I meant Shiro Yashida/Sunfire and Neal Shaara/ Thunderbird III. Oops, sorry!

I did really like Nathaniel in this book; particularly because I just find psychometry such a cool powerset. It would be interesting to see him in an X-Factor Investigations type book.

I'm also kind of happy Jono's been getting some attention from X-writers. I really liked the moment he had with Bling! In this book. I think the strongest moments of this book was when Strain focused more on the characters personal issues and I wish Marvel had let her do more of that than adding in the superhero plot.
    Last edited by RoamingGnome8; 06-04-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Mighty Member

I think there were better X-Teen characters Strain could have chosen besides Kid Omega, personally; but I do agree the cast as a whole wasn't really eye catching/characters people would immediately be invested in other than Bling!.

I could get behind Hindsight, since there is very few Asian males in comics- other than Sunspot and Thunderbird III. Nature Girl, Eyeboy, and Morph probably weren't the best choices however; considering both Bendis and WATXM's runs were mixed with fans.

I think the other problem was advertising- calling it 'Generation X' led to fans assuming it was going to be the original characters reuniting. Then the early picture they released for it had pictures of all the X-Teen groups, leading people to think it was going to be a conglomerate of characters from all the books.
    It was something that was bound to lead to disappointment after all the hype- Marvel would have been better off releasing the cast names immediately after the title was announced and pricing it at 2.99 instead of 3.99.
    What about Hijack.. I consider him Asian. I considered him Filipino .. But I dont remember a creator every saying he was or not. I cant imagine that he is blk despite some blk people looking like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    What about Hijack.. I consider him Asian. I considered him Filipino .. But I dont remember a creator every saying he was or not. I cant imagine that he is blk despite some blk people looking like him.
    There's also Kenji Uedo/Zero from Generation Hope, but he left the school and hasn't popped up again.

I think you are correct that Hijack is Asian, but I could be wrong. I'm not a big Bendis fan, so I kind of skimmed through his run on X-Men.

There's also Kenji Uedo/Zero from Generation Hope, but he left the school and hasn't popped up again.

I think you are correct that Hijack is Asian, but I could be wrong. I'm not a big Bendis fan, so I kind of skimmed through his run on X-Men.
    hes Asian....from the ATL!!!

Nobody else excited about the Emma mini coming up drawn by Bachalo!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Nobody else excited about the Emma mini coming up drawn by Bachalo!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Its a oneshot, not mini. All the discussion about that has been in Emma's thread

Its a oneshot, not mini. All the discussion about that has been in Emma's thread
    double post
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 08-05-2018 at 01:46 PM.

No worries we can still discuss here. Since Emma was a the teacher of Gen X and Bachalo was an artist for a while.

Damn Damn Damn I thought this was a four part mini!!!! What is the point of this bullshit of a cock tease!!! I want more than one issue!