View Poll Results: Who are your favorite Generation X heroes?

Voters
395. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sean Cassidy

125 31.65%
  • Emma Frost

143 36.20%
  • Jubilee

156 39.49%
  • Chamber

142 35.95%
  • M

144 36.46%
  • Husk

104 26.33%
  • Penance

75 18.99%
  • Synch

91 23.04%
  • Skin

55 13.92%
  • Mondo

27 6.84%
  • Gaia

11 2.78%
  • Artie and Leech

36 9.11%
  • Blink

82 20.76%
  • Maggot

22 5.57%
  • Vincente (AoA)

19 4.81%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 118 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119 LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1785

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'm fairly sure that Strain was the writer and colourist on the discontinued webcomic "Teahouse".

But I feel like criticizing Strain for being a "yaoi writer" is opening a huge can of worms. Yes a lot of women in fandom fetishize mlm relationships for their own consumption and conflate that with actual gay activism, but I don't think its fair to compare that to how she wrote Morph and Hindsight. It was a fairly tame and low key relationship all things considered.

If she fetishized anyone it was Quentin Quire.
    What do you mean by fetishised quentin? I personally think she ruined his characterisation when he used to be an anarchist (he literally wore a shirt that said eat the rich) who went against the status quo and didn't care about what others thought of him she turned him into a rich boy with daddy issues who's sad other people don't like him but doesn't show it (omg it just it me she turned quentin into some chuck bass archtype lool)

Reposting it to get more eyeballs

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    What do you mean by fetishised quentin? I personally think she ruined his characterisation when he used to be an anarchist (he literally wore a shirt that said eat the rich) who went against the status quo and didn't care about what others thought of him she turned him into a rich boy with daddy issues who's sad other people don't like him but doesn't show it (omg it just it me she turned quentin into some chuck bass archtype lool)
    Fetishized is probably the wrong term. She just seemed so damn in love with his character, she had characters talk about Quentin's abs (which may be the worst thing I've read in an X-books in years), hinted at romantic feelings between him and Morph, forgave all of his crimes and handwaved them away because as you said he has daddy issues and "he just wants to belong".

I get that she empathizes with him because he's adopted and she adopted a kid of her own, but that's not an excuse for the actual blood on his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Zainu View Post
    Reposting it to get more eyeballs
    That looks awesome! Excellent work. Also great to see you post here again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

All-New Member

I personally think she ruined his characterization when he used to be an anarchist (he literally wore a shirt that said eat the rich) who went against the status quo and didn't care about what others thought of him. She turned him into a rich boy with daddy issues who's sad other people don't like him but doesn't show it (omg it just hit me, she turned quentin into some chuck bass archtype lool)
    There's no reason why he can't be both things at the same time, it could add more to his character. I personally always noticed that contradiction in him, using his anarchist nature to bury his social insecurities.

Quote Originally Posted by Robohut View Post
    There's no reason why he can't be both things at the same time, it could add more to his character. I personally always noticed that contradiction in him, using his anarchist nature to bury his social insecurities.
    you can't really be an anarchist and be anti bourgeoisie and at the same time constantly flaunt your wealth and relish in it

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    That looks awesome! Excellent work. Also great to see you post here again!
    Thanks! I'll stop by the Jubilee thread once I get the piece finished after finals.

BANNED

you can't really be an anarchist and be anti bourgeoisie and at the same time constantly flaunt your wealth and relish in it
    Theyve basically turned Quire into Bart Simpson before that

Dude lost all his edge

You can't.
    Quire can.
    He's a complex blend of contradictions and hypocrisy motivated by a fragile and continually fluctuating range of emotion.
    aka He's a teenager.

BANNED

You can't.
    Quire can.
    He's a complex blend of contradictions and hypocrisy motivated by a fragile and continually fluctuating range of emotion.
    aka He's a teenager.
    Eventually his look is going to being really really REALLY dated.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Eventually his look is going to being really really REALLY dated.
    The pink hair?

BANNED

The pink hair?
    His whole hipster look. "Kid omega" isn't exactly going to be sustainable 10 years from now...it's been 10 years since he was created and he's stale now.

Even Kitty & Jubilee "grew" up.

His whole hipster look. "Kid omega" isn't exactly going to be sustainable 10 years from now...it's been 10 years since he was created and he's stale now.

More than 10 actually. Its been 15. Unfortunately, Marvel refuses to let the New X-men era kids grow up. The fact that he was still a student in Gen X was ridiculous. X-23 seems to be the exception

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    More than 10 actually. Its been 15. Unfortunately, Marvel refuses to let the New X-men era kids grow up. The fact that he was still a student in Gen X was ridiculous. X-23 seems to be the exception
    Quentin is one of the few characters whose stunted aging actually makes a little sense. From Morrison's run until he showed up again in 2012 he was non-corporeal, so he shouldn't have aged at all during that gap. Also Strain said a few times that she interpreted the latest Gen X kids as mostly college aged.

Heh. Okay.
    Kitty is still in the same trainee jumper and Jubes, gawdblesser, is still living for that yellow rain coat, but okay sure. "Stale"