Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Would you enjoy a comic where Steve Rogers was played for laughs?

That is to say, where Cap would routinely do things like leap at an opponent, miss them, and fly face-first into a pile of manure? And have really goofy dialogue, like a patriotic version of The Tick?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    That is to say, where Cap would routinely do things like leap at an opponent, miss them, and fly face-first into a pile of manure? And have really goofy dialogue, like a patriotic version of The Tick?
    No. I would not.

No, not interested.

No.

These are not the kind of things I'm interested in reading, regardless of the character. But even less for Cap.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

you're not selling it that well.

If it was a genuinely funny comic that was creative and took me by surprise that had those elements in them sure, but easier said than done.

Better luck accomplishing that with a cartoon. And at this point why use Captain America? Thats not his image at all right now
    The J-man

I think it would only really work in a comedy book/cartoon, where everyone is depicted as a goofy or exaggerated version of themselves.

Sort of like Super Hero Squad.

iMan 42s

Part of the appeal of Beta Ray Bill is just how ridiculous a character like Bill is. He's not only compelling but utterly goofy in the best ways. Transfer that to Steve. The best Marvel humor is one that takes itself sincerely and sells you on it. A goofy idea is fine, but you need to present it in such a way that you sell it to the audience.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

No, that is not my Cap.

I don't even like when this happens in a Deadpool book. So no, definitely not Cap.

Not at all.

I just don't like Rogers in general. I'd rather not spend money on him unless he's being viewed under a critical lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Part of the appeal of Beta Ray Bill is just how ridiculous a character like Bill is. He's not only compelling but utterly goofy in the best ways. Transfer that to Steve. The best Marvel humor is one that takes itself sincerely and sells you on it. A goofy idea is fine, but you need to present it in such a way that you sell it to the audience.
    I mean, Steve can be kind of a goofball in the right context:

It needs to be set in AU. Where Steve's immense jobber aura is removed. So Whenever he tries to fight someone he has no business going up against(for example say, pretty much any of the Spider-Man villains and above) he gets his ass handed to him continuously.

This can be done in main continuity. But it'd much much difficult to pull off and writers have too much "respect" for Cap to do that kind of thing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It needs to be set in AU. Where Steve's immense jobber aura is removed. So Whenever he tries to fight someone he has no business going up against(for example say, pretty much any of the Spider-Man villains and above) he gets his ass handed to him continuously.

This can be done in main continuity. But it'd much much difficult to pull off and writers have too much "respect" for Cap to do that kind of thing anyway.
    That would probably require every characters' jobber aura to be removed, and I don't see that happening .

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I don't think it would work in one of his own comics, but there's no reason why it can't be done in a book that takes itself less seriously. I mean, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is a canon book that plays pretty much every character in there for laughs and it works because that's the point of the book. So if it was something like that, yeah, I could enjoy it.