Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    This is what the Xbooks should be...not that mess in Gold & Blue.
    Who’s the flagship now, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Lol, the "fight" was a bit anticlimatic. But it's probably for the best. No Jean vs Storm mess on the thread. And yeah I think Storm is the last member. Some people thought she would be just on this arc, so that's why they still considered the last member a secret until now. Can't wait to see her cover.

BANNED

So, I've read the issue.

1) I can overlook Jean getting into Ororo's head to remove the psychic suggestion. I don't like how the writer ignored Storm's immunity to lightning, but I'm not gonna go on about that.

2) If Storm is truly going to join this team, I think the story in this title is much better than Gold, however, solicitations for June and July still show her in Gold and not in Red. I don't think she is going to be on the roster in Red, to be honest, though it would be a much better fit for her than Gold.

3) If Storm joins Red, they seriously need to cut down the size of the cast to 6 or 7 members. Keep Laura, but drop the other two Wolverine knock-offs, or maybe drop Laura, too, and have Gambit fill that role. I'd go with a team of Storm, Jean, Trinary, Gambit, Namor, Gentle, and Nightcrawler. Anywho, the roster is just too big to give anyone real development outside of Jean, who will get focus regardless since this is the first time she's led a team.

4) The book was better than I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    So, I've read the issue.

1) I can overlook Jean getting into Ororo's head to remove the psychic suggestion. I don't like how the writer ignored Storm's immunity to lightning, but I'm not gonna go on about that.

2) If Storm is truly going to join this team, I think the story in this title is much better than Gold, however, solicitations for June and July still show her in Gold and not in Red. I don't think she is going to be on the roster in Red, to be honest, though it would be a much better fit for her than Gold.

3) If Storm joins Red, they seriously need to cut down the size of the cast to 6 or 7 members. Keep Laura, but drop the other two Wolverine knock-offs, or maybe drop Laura, too, and have Gambit fill that role. I'd go with a team of Storm, Jean, Trinary, Gambit, Namor, Gentle, and Nightcrawler. Anywho, the roster is just too big to give anyone real development outside of Jean, who will get focus regardless since this is the first time she's led a team.

4) The book was better than I thought it would be.
    1. Good to see your initial concerns didnt come into fruition

2. Storm is doing double duty. They already said Kurt would and now we see Storm will, at least for the near future

3. There's only 2 Wolverine clones. If Laura stays, Gabby would be the only one. IA, that they should get rid of her but I think Taylor only has her here bc he lost ANW

4. Its amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Jean still has two big confrontations this year....Lorna Dane and
    I really hope we see this

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. seeing both nehzno and storm are on the team. he designed theitmr sentinites resistant suits and his knowledge of the human brain seems valuable to Jean in understanding how to defeat the threat from Cassandra. I think we most definitely will see him again.
    I would like to see a subplot involving WK and Atlantis. WK techs and marine biologist help to maintain the inside of the base. Atlantis techs maintain the outside.
    Leading to a murder mystery when bodies start turning up.
    Big fight between Gentle and Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I would like to see a subplot involving WK and Atlantis. WK techs and marine biologist help to maintain the inside of the base. Atlantis techs maintain the outside.
    Leading to a murder mystery when bodies start turning up.
    Big fight between Gentle and Namor.
    That would make for a good crossover mini series

This book is SO GOOD.

I think some are misunderstanding what Jean said in regard to Nezhno. She said she thinks she "can work WITH him on the pain receptors blocking his powers." imo she was implying they could come up with a way for him to be able to get beyond that as she implied helping him reach his full potential. Perhaps he has some sort of Scott like Trauma that is affecting his powers.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It's interesting how many big personalities/leaders gravitating to this team. Kurt, Ororo, and Namor are all accustomed to being in charge of things. I don't expect Black Panther to be too involved going forward but I imagine he'll always be waiting in the wings if needed. Interested to see how all these people come together with Jean at the center.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think some are misunderstanding what Jean said in regard to Nezhno. She said she thinks she "can work WITH him on the pain receptors blocking his powers." imo she was implying they could come up with a way for him to be able to get beyond that as she implied helping him reach his full potential. Perhaps he has some sort of Scott like Trauma that is affecting his powers.
    I know little about Nezhno and am eager to see this explored. Plenty of mutants before him joined the X-Men with no promise of their powers getting better only to evolve later: Rogue, Marrow, etc.

So Storm is the last member, well played Tom

that is THE costume, the best from the team

So glad Storm is out of that silly looking one piece. Wish they would’ve saved the big team shot until everyone was together.

BANNED

I like how Jean after finding out Storm and BP are together immediately decides they have to leave Wakanda. She really is shameless.

BANNED

Isn't Gambit joining the team too?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Isn't Gambit joining the team too?
    Yeah, that's what I thought. I believe Marvel said something to this effect months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm just joking around. I know there not going to kill him off. Lol

It will probably go like My Hero Acedamia. Using his powers at percentages until he get use to it.