Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I saved Claremont’s story for last and Bless the Bright Lady I did. X-Men Wedding Corrections was the perfect palette cleanser. Alasdhair Kinross? Logan? Belles of Hell? Dr. Kitty Pryde? LOCKHEED?!? Thank you Master CC.
    Claremont's was the meatiest; it was great to read him writing these characters again, even if he did take a very peculiar tact.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wonder what Ororo's singing voice sounds like.
    Tina Turner, but better. Canon according to X-Women. I'm thinking Tina Turner by way of Lauren Hill, or better yet, Jill Scott with a touch of Iman.

Better than Dazzler’s. Canon.
    Shots fired!

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    I could’ve done without the Rogue/Kitty pep talk. It just felt gratuitous to remind people of the R&G mini. Those pages would be better used with Rachel/Magik/Karma/Storm.
    Yeah, we already had a similar scene in Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I'm ready for more Kelly Thompson on X-Men, she's a funny writer and gets the characters' voices right.

But make no mistake, the one I was really looking forward to was Chris Claremont's story. And he didn't disappoint - I'm still amazed how much story and how many continuity bits he managed to pack into a few pages. This felt like a lot more content than the average, diluted arcs on the core books. F*** the hip and cool style that takes 6 issues to tell a story, I'll take captions and thought baloons any day. And, unsurprisingly, Claremont just gets the characters right - his Kitty just clicked with me instantly and felt like he never left. I am so ready for more of this, and can't believe we are getting Guggenheim trying to ape Chris' style on Gold when we have the real deal who's infinitely more interesting and capable.
    Agreed on both points. I'd love to see Thompson on "Blue"(with a whole new cast/approach, Rogue and Gambit can lead), and Claremont on "Gold"(with the same cast, but like, actually written correctly). It was great to see continuity threaded through their stories so easily. Meanwhile Guggenheim can barely reference his own run....

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    It sucks when there are so few X-guys compared to X-girls at the parties.

Where is
    1. Angel
    2. Beast
    3. Captain Britain
    4. Banshee (is he back from dead)
    5. Cannonball
    6. Sunspot
    7. Cypher
    8. Sunfire
    9. Magneto
    10. Quicksilver

Colossus knew all of them since decades ago.

Thompson did a much better story-telling job than Gugg.
    Honestly, I don't think Piotr would be that close to any of those guys. Logan and Kurt are his best buddies. A case for Remy and Bobby could be made as 'friends', but beyond that, Piotr hasn't really developed his relationship with the other X-Guys.

As for the bolded, most definitely!

You only need to be 18 to enter most strip clubs. Or work at them.
    Jubes should have been there, totes, but she only had a few pages to work with and squandered most of them with Callisto and Rogue.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 05-16-2018 at 10:03 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!