Default Storm level with the hammer is similar to Thor?

What do you think? Is there any information or fact that checks whether the strength and resistance levels of Storm transformed with the hammer are equal to those of Thor, or even close?

And in terms of climate control are equal?

Because some of the most extreme fans of Storm (I know that not all are like that) say that in force they should be the same.

Or that in Storm weather level even without the hammer is superior, when the only proof there is that when faced Storm could not make the Hulk or tickle.

And they forget that Thor is the god of thunder.

There is evidence for such assertions, I say in addition to the exaggeration of a couple of fans, Thor has resisted planetary level attacks, so that they believe that lightning will defeat him lol.

Storm is my third favorite X-Men, but I think many times its extreme fans exaggerate it, they think it's the best in all fields, and it's not like that, each character has its strengths and weaknesses.

Please don’t do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    What do you think? Is there any information or fact that checks whether the strength and resistance levels of Storm transformed with the hammer are equal to those of Thor, or even close?

And in terms of climate control are equal?

Because some of the most extreme fans of Storm (I know that not all are like that) say that in force they should be the same.

Or that in Storm weather level even without the hammer is superior, when the only proof there is that when faced Storm could not make the Hulk or tickle.

And they forget that Thor is the god of thunder.

There is evidence for such assertions, I say in addition to the exaggeration of a couple of fans, Thor has resisted planetary level attacks, so that they believe that lightning will defeat him lol.

Storm is my third favorite X-Men, but I think many times its extreme fans exaggerate it, they think it's the best in all fields, and it's not like that, each character has its strengths and weaknesses.

I would say no there is no evidence from 616 that her power level or strength is equivalent to thor. In the xmen annual, when Loki gave a depowered ororo stormcaster she was able to hurt Hela with a blast from it. Much later in Serve and Protect, after Thor presented her with Stormcaster again she did go toe to toe with him but it was by way of weather manipulation. She did lift his hand while he was holding Mjolnir to which he was able to destroy Stormcaster but this doesnt by any means show they have the same strength. As such, her durability or strength as Stormborn at this point has not established nor was it shown in either of those stories. just my two cents
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-21-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Too early in the use of the hammer to say she is on par with Thor. Based on what we’ve seen so far I think Thor is still superior to Asgardian Storm in terms of raw power and physicals (strength and durability). She was able to stagger a massive god, so she definitely possesses a tremendous amount of raw power. But I think Thor just has better feats and has a much longer track record with those high end showings.

In terms of skill in manipulating the atmosphere I think Storm has done more creatively in this area and is more skilled in general (i.e. manipulation of electrical impulses in the brain).
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 05-21-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Too early in tue use of the hammer to say she is on par with Thor. Based on what we’ve seen so far I think Thor is still superior to Asgardian Storm in terms of raw power and physicals (strength and durability).

In terms of skill in manipulating weather I think Storm has done more creatively in this area and is more skilled in general (i.e. manipulation of electrical impulses in the brain).
    agreed
    10char
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Thor wishes he could look as good in armor .

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Please don’t do this.
    Agreed. I hope the mods shut this thread down. This did not need to be created for another avenue for the back and forth

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Wait, Odin gave Storm a hammer? Where? When?? Why????

Or are we talking about the now classic tale from Asgard drawn by Art Adams decades ago where Loki contrived to turn Storm into a likeness of the goddess of thunder? Hopefully not, because that hammer Storm herself turned into so much metal slag at the end of the story. That hammer was clearly inferior to Mjolnir in every way.

And for what it's worth, Thor isn't just powerful because he's Asgardian and wields Mjolnir. You're completely ignoring his Elder God heritage by virtue of the fact that his mother is Gaea, also known as Mother Earth, who is in many respects far more powerful than Odin could ever dream.

Oh honey .. you're about to get Anna dragged. You may have gotten away with calling Magik slow (barely) but you don't want this smoke.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by CookieOnTsunami View Post
    Oh honey .. you're about to get Anna dragged. You may have gotten away with calling Magik slow (barely) but you don't want this smoke.
    Just needs repeating.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-21-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.