Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    I really enjoyed this aside from how fast the x-ladies were taken out (but plot necessitates it so whatevs)

The flashback with Ororo was really nice. The letter that Rogue found from carol as Binary was HEAVY. I think it would still be my favorite page even if Rogue wasn’t my favorite character.

I didn’t get why kitty was so mean to Domino. Dom has had a lot of history with Logan and even though she is less ethical than some of the other ladies, I think she could be trusted with why they are there. All in all it was a pretty good issue and the best of the HFW titles that we’ve gotten. I just hope storm, Rogue, and psylocke still get some panel time while being captured.
    I think the letter that Rogue found from Carol is only half the reveal. I think the other half will come in part 4.
    I also think this may be setting up a future story with Rogue and Carol.
    Last edited by mikeb; 05-23-2018 at 05:49 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Is this recent . . . Or super old? I've never heard of it. I can think of at least two panels where she is pictured reading.
    Agatha's Ghost is trolling. Rogue can read.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Every woman looked the same lol. I didnt like the art very much.
    My biggest complaint when it comes to Thony Silas’ art style. If it wasn’t for the hair and clothes you’d never tell them apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member

Well, I had hoped Jubilee would do more in it. But she did get to dress up nice and go out to dinner with other grown-ups. As the mother of a small child, she probably hasn't been able to do that in a while.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

even with the jobbing I must say I'm glad to see storm was acknowledged as the biggest threat of the women. that I could deal with.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

even with the jobbing I must say I'm glad to see storm was acknowledged as the biggest threat of the women. that I could deal with.
    Do you think it's noteworthy that Rogue is without gloves here? Like intentional? Or just maybe a forgotten detail in the art?

Do you think it's noteworthy that Rogue is without gloves here? Like intentional? Or just maybe a forgotten detail in the art?
    It might come in handy in their escape later but at the same time, I don’t get why her powers didn’t work on Knockout?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I want to say the writer put a lot of effort into being consistent with past stories and current powers but honestly I'm not sure. I will not be cynical and say it was intentional to show just how sexy they can be.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-23-2018 at 07:38 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    It might come in handy in their escape later but at the same time, I don’t get why her powers didn’t work on Knockout?
    Also, please.... Rogue killed a guy with one punch on TV in front and of the world. It was like a big deal. No way block-hands takes her down. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Yeah I am not pleased with the X-Lady getting curb-stomped (I think Rogue got jobbed worst of all) right out the gate, even though it was a decent read. Storm wasn't as bad a jobber-fest as Rogue but I am not sure how/where Mindblast got TP, illusions and shields from when her power has been TK....??? Maybe A) I missed something, B) the writer will explain it or C) he just didn't do his homework (likely C) and this is a bad sign for the rest of the story. At least the mind blast could make plausible sense since that is a TP attack that has worked successfully in the past against Storm from powerful telepaths (not sure Mind Blast is even the top tier telepath class though). Hell a TK blast would make more sense/been more acceptable.

I don't get why the X-Ladies just keep sitting there while those heffas just laid into them. I mean surprise attack or not:

- Rogue wouldn't just be sitting there while Knock Out, with that corny-a$$ line, literally beats her into the ground
    - Psylocke using that 90's psychic knife explanation completely leaving herself open to being attached from behind...? She is the 3rd most powerful telepath on earth? Really Zub?
    - No X-Lady team work of note

It would have made more sense for Mind Blast to NOT reveal herself and for the ladies to be simultaneously attacked before they were fully aware vs sitting there with their mouths open after Betsy warned them. That would have made more sense to me. Short of that the action scenes at the end were poorly delivered and took a solid 7-8 story down to a 4.5/10. This will be a shelf read at the shop and back on the shelf book. Zub is dismissed for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Yeah I am not pleased with the X-Lady getting curb-stomped (I think Rogue got jobbed worst of all) right out the gate, even though it was a decent read. Storm wasn't as bad a jobber-fest as Rogue but I am not sure how/where Mindblast got TP, illusions and shields from when her power has been TK....??? Maybe A) I missed something, B) the writer will explain it or C) he just didn't do his homework (likely C) and this is a bad sign for the rest of the story. At least the mind blast could make plausible sense since that is a TP attack that has worked successfully in the past against Storm from powerful telepaths (not sure Mind Blast is even the top tier telepath class though). Hell a TK blast would make more sense/been more acceptable.

I don't get why the X-Ladies just keep sitting there while those heffas just laid into them. I mean surprise attack or not:

- Rogue wouldn't just be sitting there while Knock Out, with that corny-a$$ line, literally beats her into the ground
    - Psylocke using that 90's psychic knife explanation completely leaving herself open to being attached from behind...? She is the 3rd most powerful telepath on earth? Really Zub?

It would have made more sense for Mind Blast to NOT reveal herself and for the ladies to be simultaneously attacked before they were fully aware vs sitting there with their mouths open after Betsy warned them. That would have made more sense to me. Short of that the action scenes at the end were poorly delivered and took a solid 7-8 story down to a 4.5/10. This will be a shelf read at the shop and back on the shelf book. Zub is dismissed for me.
    In a universe where secondary mutations are a thing,I just accept that Mindblast received one, hence the TP. Or Mothervine is responsible, which also works

Exactly. Lmao why were they still sitting down?? For example, you can clearly see Knockout standing there behind Viper in the first scene, which means that Knockout would have to physically and visibly move for a couple of seconds to get behind Rogue yet gal is still sitting there???? That takes bad reflexes to a whole new level. Also, I don’t know how strong Knockout is but I doubt that Rogue can pass out immediately after one blow?? And Betsy wasting a couple of seconds to explain how her powers work to a villain is the most 90s thing ever.

I know they’re just removing the three strongest for the flow of the story so it wouldn’t be too easy, but come on.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Since when is Rogue illiterate? I'm sure she can read English just fine. Now if she needed to read a foreign langue maybe she would absorb someone's abilities. (an example that Rogue can read English, in UXM#206, she is shown reading a postcard the X-Men got from Scott and Madelyne.)
    A postcard from Madelyne, IIRC, inviting the X-Men to visit the Summers family in Alaska. Maddie didn't want Scott to lead the X-Men, but she was okay with their friendship.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

BANNED

I've NEVER believed that Psylocke is the third most powerful Telepath thing. Even among writers there's a lot of Fanboying and fanfictioning characters.
    Every other character is the first, third, twelfth, most smartest most bested character ever. Lol. Yet she got curb stomped because PLOT DAMMIT!!!!

Storm jobbing to Mindblast when she's literally shut down Telepaths before easily and then proceeded to curb stomp them physically. People forget Storm is a badass. She may not be a Ninja, But a Ninja can lose to a Boxer, to a Krav Maga fighter anytime.

Rogue jobbing in the worst way though... These are women who have fought and defeated adversaries that should in essence have killed them time and again, If not for comic logic. But they always seem to lose to D-listers. I remember saying during the Jail fight, that they were gonna stomp the Mutants there, and then once outside, get their asses kicked, because comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    In a universe where secondary mutations are a thing,I just accept that Mindblast received one, hence the TP. Or Mothervine is responsible, which also works
    Simple and elegant. And I would accept that but it's doubtful it'll get explained. If it does I'd happily eat my words but I doubt I'll have to.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Exactly. Lmao why were they still sitting down?? For example, you can clearly see Knockout standing there behind Viper in the first scene, which means that Knockout would have to physically and visibly move for a couple of seconds to get behind Rogue yet gal is still sitting there???? That takes bad reflexes to a whole new level. Also, I don’t know how strong Knockout is but I doubt that Rogue can pass out immediately after one blow?? And Betsy wasting a couple of seconds to explain how her powers work to a villain is the most 90s thing ever.

I know they’re just removing the three strongest for the flow of the story so it wouldn’t be too easy, but come on.
    Right! Zub didn't even try here lol. I mean Viper isn't an idiot. She's fought the X-Men and has used creative tech to even the playing field in the past. They could at least have her find a subtle way to neutralize their powers (i.e. put something in their drink) so her team would have a credible shot at beating veteran X-Men. The way he handled it all of the X-Ladies were busy clutching their pearls in shock while they got b%^&-slapped into oblivion. The time it took Knock Out to explain who she was Rogue would have snatched her up by that tendril weave, whipped her around and then pimped slapped her a$$ all the way to the Z-list (never to return! ).
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 05-23-2018 at 09:45 PM.