Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It vanished... is what Taylor said. Why did it vanish even though it was a real corpse instead of an illusion like everything else? I have no idea.
    I can probably give you an answer. Pheonix resurrected Cyke to give her a 'tough love' moment, by showing her that with the Pheonix, she could bring him back and have him with her forever. When Jean, while crying (much to her credit) still refused the Pheonix, explaining to the cosmic big bird, 'she'll never be what the Pheonix wants her to be' ultimately causing the Pheonix to finally relent. As the Pheonix departed, I believe it took away Scott's body to avoid causing Jean any further pain, as it's reason or attempt to manipulate Jean had no longer any value. As Jean and Pheonix are essentially halves of the same coin, I believe Pheonix simply didn't want to see her grieve further and removed the remains, as a balm if you will for it's prior actions.

*But that's just me n my headcannon /shrug.

The body is gone. The Phoenix took it like she did with Jean's, teleported it back to the grave, maybe just destroyed it if was a new one she gave him... Who knows. But the point is that this is a non-issue on the story(or the preview at least, maybe they'll mention it later).

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    Not a fan of the rounded eyewear?
    I’m just sayin’.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    wow... some of that was written very well... some not so well... Some of it looked great and then a few panels looked like the pencil got away from the artist.
    Yeah it's really all over the place lol

The overview comments as folks appear on panel near/with Jean could be interpreted any number of ways. And I think that's strategic. I find it interesting that the majority of posters interpret Rogue's "pride" as a negative -- perhaps because her head is lowered and she is not making physical contact with Jean?

I saw that panel and I thought "pride" IN Jean. Like.... Rogue is proud. And that too could be for any number of reasons.
    Rogue may be proud of her recent Unity squad activities, knowing Jean would likely find that work commendable? Maybe she's proud OF Jean for dismissing the Phoenix force and not going dark?
    Maybe because the panel came AFTER Illyana's "shame", that I interpreted Rogue's "pride" as a positive? I dunno.

As for Illyana's shame? Gurl has a lot of baggage. And like some have said, she knows OF Jean, and what she represents and means to people and Jean IS thought of as the prize pupil, prom queen, valedictorian, best friend, crown jewel person of the X-Men all rolled into one so.... to be faced with that impressive figure may strike a nerve for the resident witchy bad girl who not too long ago ran with the rebel crowd(?) <shrug>

Sweet Lord, if the next panel after "And then ...." is Old Man Logan for some gushy nonsense, I'm gonna be so <insert puke face here>

BANNED

"But, to me, it sounded like petty squabbling.
    Heroes against Heroes. With Regular people terrified of both sides. We need to do Better. BE Better"

Jean Girl......

BANNED

Art looks more terrible than before. Sucks we couldn't get Caselli to do it. Dude can really draw an annual on schedule, but I guess he was stuck with the hell-lord Bendis on Iron Man.

I'm trying to recall the specific issues where she last saw some of these characters, like EXACTLY where they left off. Gonna have to go pull up those old issues.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Whats your issue with Queen Jean? Looks more like Illyana is waiting for her turn to be blessed with Jean's glory
    The only way worth interpreting Jean and Illyana at this moment.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Imagine the scene if it was the other way around.
    You will have your answer.
    ......Do we really need to bring up a certain someone making out over a newly dead Jean's grave?!

Think of it this way the PF resurrected Cyke, and created a world of illusions for Jean, when she wished it away so went all the things it created. Besides this is not the story of Cyclops death he already had one, this is a story meant to fill in the blanks for Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It is a tricky situation no matter which way you look at it it would disrupt the atmosphere of the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

As for Illyana's shame? Gurl has a lot of baggage. And like some have said, she knows OF Jean, and what she represents and means to people and Jean IS thought of as the prize pupil, prom queen, valedictorian, best friend, crown jewel person of the X-Men all rolled into one so.... to be faced with that impressive figure may strike a nerve for the resident witchy bad girl who not too long ago ran with the rebel crowd(?) <shrug>
    Er am I alone thinking this is waaaaaay OOC for Magik? If there's a male equal to Jeans, "heart and soul" of the team....the sweet, ...miles deep emotionally blah blah blah it's Piotr. Her BRO-THER and also a person she tricked and Phoenix'd Bitch slapped him....and told him to stop creeping on her. She wouldnt care about Jeans "judgemrnt"
    Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    Oh man, do you have a lot of catching up to do... All I can say is read "Magik: Storm and Illyana". "Quest for Magik" arc from "New X-men" vol 2. "X-Infernus". "New Mutants" vol. 3. etc...
    Illyana met Jean AFTER she was already corrupted so toss out that first story arc..

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    I'm trying to recall the specific issues where she last saw some of these characters, like EXACTLY where they left off. Gonna have to go pull up those old issues.
    Storm - New X-men 132
    Iceman - UXM 424
    Nightcrawler - UXM 424
    Jubilee - UXM 425
    Rogue - X-treme X-men 18
    Beast - New X-men 141
    Kitty - X-treme X-men 19
    Colossus - X-Men Unlimited 27
    Magik - technically never, but I believe she had interactions with the deaged child
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-25-2018 at 06:33 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post

......Do we really need to bring up a certain someone making out over a newly dead Jean's grave?!

Think of it this way the PF resurrected Cyke, and created a world of illusions for Jean, when she wished it away so went all the things it created. Besides this is not the story of Cyclops death he already had one, this is a story meant to fill in the blanks for Jean.
    All of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm - New X-men 132
    Iceman - UXM 424
    Nightcrawler - UXM 424
    Jubilee - UXM 425
    Rogue - X-treme X-men 18
    Beast - New X-men 141
    Kitty - X-treme X-men 19
    Colossus - X-Men Unlimited 27
    Magik - technically never, but I believe she had interactions with the deaged child
    Nice! I am impressed!

Wasn't she supposed to know some stuff that happened while she was at the WHR? Ghost Jean did.

And, about the post where we can recall her last interactions with other X-men... I was trying to remember when was the last time Jean and Scott had a tender moment... I mean, a "live" one, no Flashbacks, no AU, no Teenagers, no Illusions... and I think it was during Seagle/Kelly's run, which is pretty impressive if you think it's 20 years ago.