Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Yeah, no such thing as 'permanently,' in the long run. Bucky's back. Barry Allen's back. Everyone comes back, and the bigger their name (Superman, Wolverine, etc.) the faster it's going to happen.

My favorites on the X-side of things include Nightcrawler (who's died and come back), Cyclops (who's died and come back and died again) and Madrox (who's died and come back and died and is coming back even as we type). I'm sure that other favorites like Hellion and Dust and Unuscione and Frenzy will die and come back at some point (possibly after a decade or more of being dead, since they aren't exactly top tier). It's like a rite of passage for X-peeps.

Heck, even X-characters with such short runs and ancient pedigrees as Mimic and Unus the Untouchable got to come back (although either or both could be dead again, I have no idea...)!

As long as Jay Guthrie stays dead, 'cause screw that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    The problem with the Big Two is that you can't say, "It's permanent this time. We really mean it! Honest!" because it WILL get undone at some point. Even 2/3 of the so-called "untouchable" deaths from the famous saying have been undone (Uncle Ben being the only one still 6 feet under).
    Tell that to us Academy X fans.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Tell that to us Academy X fans.
    Apart from the New Mutants, Hellions, and a few miscellaneous characters like Pixie and DJ who at least had something that made him stand out before dying. Most of them were background characters and did nothing of significance. Admittedly i don't think many would be very attached to them at all.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    As long as Jay Guthrie stays dead, 'cause screw that guy.
    Sam and Paige would like a word with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

If you read as long as do, you become flexible. Manny of my favorites got stuck in limbo ( Sage, Neal Shaara, Pulse , Marrow) but some cane back from long tone limbo (Chamber, Cece Reyes and Domino). So I just never give up on the limbo ones.

Then you have some absent for a long time like Sunspot and Cannonball, but returned after years like Rogue.

Some dead ones came back like Jean and Wolverine and others like the New X-Men kids who died. Sadly.

And then the wallpaper ones that I keep one hoping they will shine again.

I keep on reading and hoping as as summarised above you get lucky and they return.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Sam and Paige would like a word with you.
    and poor depowered Melody.

I quit when Colossus was killed, I came back when he did. Seems to be a reasonable pattern to follow, at least for X-comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    i would probably quit the x-books. i like other characters, but my cyclops love is what makes me want to stay. if he's gone, i really don't see a point in continuing to read
    I think it's the same with most of us. that ONE character we all attach to is the only reason we still read.

Well, Wolverine is my favorite and unless that the guy stop selling, i know that Marvel going to kill, so i think that i safe.

Hell even when they killed him we got OML, WolvieLaura, Jimmy Hudson and whatever the hell Daken and Creed were doing, it was like he never left in the first place .

But in the 1 in a million situation where that happened, nah i wouldn't quit the X-Men.

That already happened to me. I had to wait 13+ years for the return of my beloved Jean Grey.

Spectacular Member RoamingGnome8's Avatar

Depends on what state Marvel's writing is in. If they killed a favorite off right now, when I've personally been kind of 'meh' about the X-books and Marvel in general- I'm done.

If they killed off a favorite during a decent writing period- it's rough, but I'll still stick with Marvel and hope they bring that character back eventually.

I did more or less the same with DC, stopped reading because of New 52 and several characters I liked being dead/badly written. I only came back to DC because of Rebirth bringing back favorite characters and because they got excellent writers/artists onboard. I may not *love* everything DC is doing, but I'm sticking around because a good portion of the writing is really great.

Miss you Onyxx.

Mighty Member

They pretty much have.. Synch been dead since 2000.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Synch still hasn't returned has he? Anyway, the answer is his death coupled with the fact that there weren't any cosmic heroes that I could identify with spelled the end of my first campaign with Marvel.

They have. In the case of Cable, numerous times. But not permanently obviously. No one in comics stays dead permanently. Not even Bucky. In the case of Logan, I barely had time to miss him before all the replacements showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    That already happened to me. I had to wait 13+ years for the return of my beloved Jean Grey.
    That.

I used to buy a lot (I mean it) of Marvel comics. I stopped buying after Astonishing X-Men (Whedon/Cassaday) when I finally understood how much Quesada and Brevoort (who even was not from the X office) loathed Jean Grey and their fans (Interviews, Comic Conventions panels, Q&A)

I saved a lot of money.
    - I love Wolverine. Really.
    - Yeah ? Which one ?