Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I love Deadpool, bur how that became popular (not an insult just curious).
    I liked their dyamic in Uncanny Avengers. It was a nice developing friendship, that led to attraction on both sides. And I loved some of the moments they had. I think there was one where Rogue was sensitive about her skin from the pox, and Deadpool would take his mask off, possibly to make her feel better. And their moment when he shows Ellie to her for the first time. And like Creed x Monet, it was a nice dynamic for a budding romance that we haven't already seen repeatedly, and that wasn't toxic (yet). I like the idea of new pairings that have a nice none dysfunctional dynamic. But of course if the pairings happened, they'll get dysfunctional eventually. That's how Marvel works.

So, RoguePool was right with Cronet for the only pairings I cared anything about last year. And both ships have sank. But unlike Cronet, at least RoguePool got decent closure, and will still come up in some books.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-08-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Gold is a classic!

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

Just based off my personal opinion:
    Great:
    X-Men: Red, X-Men: Blue, Jean Grey, Iceman, All-New Wolverine, Current Cable arc
    Good:
    Old Man Logan, Generation X (Would have been higher, but the art), Astonishing X-Men, Exiles
    Bad:
    X-Men: Gold, first 2 Cable arcs, Weapon X

Haven’t Read: Rogue & Gambit, Legion, New Mutants: Dead Souls

YEEEEESSSSS: Generation X, New Mutants, ANW, Red, Iceman, Jean Grey, Rogue & Gambit

NOOOOOOO: All of Gold, most of Blue, some of Astonishing, Weapon X

MAYBEEEEE: Some of Blue, some more of Astonishing, OML
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Regarding the current X-Line.

Lets put it this way. The only book I have been excited for since ResurrXion last year is Claws of A Killer. lol So that tells you how I feel about this current run.

The only quality book for me right now is Red. Dead Souls and Rogue + Gambit are enjoyable. Blue is mediocre at times, decent at times, terrible at times. Gold is just terrible. I'm not reading the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Does hating characters automatically make a book bad?

Just asking since you mentioned it.

Personally I think there’s a difference.
    It is hard to get into a book when you don't like a single character to be honest. I have picked up titles with one or two characters that I am not head over heels about and still enjoyed them and in some cases turned to taking a small liking to them, but when you really dislike the 05 and they are the main cast... it is just hard to read. There hasn't really been anything that I have read with them in it that has made me think of them in a different way since BOtA.

First time in many years that I am Not collecting any x-books. The current line is just too crapalicious.

Gold has the line up I like the most but is the most disappointing if you added Jean Grey, Havok and Rogue it would become better.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

The x line is ok. Not good/great. Just ok. The last "good" event story in the line was second coming. Everything afterward has been garbage. There have been decent runs here and there but as a whole its meh.

Astonishing Member

I like Red, Blue, Gold, Astonishing and New Mutants.

Generation X had some bright spots, but I thought it was meh. Part of that was because I have trouble getting attached to any of the current crop of X-kids. They just feel kind of disposable to me these days (more my issue than the book's). I did like that it set Jubilee's powers and life status back to rights.

Exiles and Weapon X failed to grab me.

That's about all I've read.

I commend them for making an attempt to get back to the X-Men roots, at least to some degree? They keep screwing up their soft reboots because it's always more of the same. That and they keep hiring editorial and writers that each have separate agendas so you get arcs that jump from universe-changing island to universe-changing island.

The diamond in the rough to me is the Gambit and Rogue mini. Kelly Thompson is the only writer in recent memory that has taken characters I grew up with and made me like her version better. That's saying something because I'm insanely nostalgic when it comes to the X-Men. She really gets the characters and writes them as themselves, not some kind of puppet for whatever whim suits the writer or editor at the time.

I'm reading X-men Red, Gold, Blue, Astonishing X-men, and was picking up Rogue and Gambit. I picked up the Cable issues where Scott and Jean were included in flash backs.

My favorites are X-men Red and Astonishing. I loved Blue when it focused on Polaris' team. I did come to love the time displaced O5 especially teen Jean. I loved the Jean Grey solo and I really liked the Iceman solo too. I wished both could have been a bit longer.

As much as I love X-men Red I felt Dennis Hopeless also got the "voice" of adult Jean in the Jean Grey solo. I also think he got the Phoenix better than other current writers.

I like some issues of X-men Gold (I think it is because of the team... I just can't help but love that team lineup). Like most of you I tire of Kitty and she's always been one of my favorites. Seeing Kitty lead and direct Storm hurts my soul .
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 06-09-2018 at 04:53 AM.

It's in a decent, if not overwhelmingly quality, place. The expansiveness of the line really helps- dual, biweekly flagships. Multiple satellite books. Events, cross-overs, interesting solos and risky mini-series has meant that the line has been able to touch on almost all of the places where the post-Secret Wars books were missing.

Highlights- Iceman, first arc, Generation X (after it gained some steam), Rogue and Gambit, New Mutants: Dead Souls and X-Men: Blue (especially MotherVine but barring any Venom related stuff).

BANNED

Since ResurrXion?

Good: Gen X, Jeen, Iceman, All-New Blue, current Cable, Domino, Uncanny Avengers, New/US Avengers, Deadpool

Bad: Gold, O5 Blue, Astonishing, Red, Weapon X, ANW, OML, previous Cable