Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Christ. Claremont fit the word count of a single Gugg issue into one page.
    And not a “baby” or a “boyo” to be seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Has anyone ever kissed Illyana? She's always wise cracking and blunt..especially the Gillen era.
    Magik did kissed Warlock (New Mutants) but that’s it.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Claremont's early Illyana wasn't asexual. This is from just after the Brood Saga/the very beginning of New Mutants, maybe before she even joined the team.
    That's right, TNM didn't exist yet. And Claremont's Illyana expressed great eagerness for hot boys a thousand times even before Weezie Simonson was the writer (Playgirl magazines, beauty contest between Warlock and Impy, curiosity about Nightcrawler's adventures in the nude...). Wether if that was a smoke screen or not, or maybe a temporal phase, this I can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea that is something sexual but mind control creates a whole new context when it comes to that. I mean just look at Jessica Jones when it comes to Purple Man. Mind control can makes someone do whatevaer the controller wants them to do regardless of what the victim wants or feels.
    That's why I said "mind control or not". I said that, IMO, that movement was undoubtedly sexual. I did not say that Kitty was doing it at her will.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hold on. If Kitty's bi, what's wrong with marrying Piotr?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dum Dum Dugan View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with it, I just think it's annoying how people are acting like she's already this big queer character and her marrying Colossus is an act of homophobia.
    Yeah, I think that, while some posters plainly don't like them as a couple (which is respectable), some other are taking it as an attack towards LGBTIQ people. I don't get it. If out of the blue you turn a hetero character to homo or vice versa I understand that's a scarcely justifiable U turn. But being bisexual, that's an enlargement that doesn't nullify previous stories, so unless it is absolutely incompatible with that character's traits I honestly don't see what's the problem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    What is the explanation for this?:

This is not straight. I'm trying to see how it can be interpreted as being "just friendly" but I can't.
    Come on do you not eat cake from the hand of your same-sex friend in that fashion? Some posters will say that is perfectly normal^^

Some posters here are forgetting that this is from the 80s and the Mystique and Destiny scenes were as far as they could show same-sex relationships. And yes during his run Claremont showed a lot of subtext like this. I mean I read the Mystique and Destiny scene of them coming out of the same room during the night with ten and I knew that they were more than friends^^

Storm and Yukio is another example. One of many...

This concerns the upcoming X-Men Gold 30, so beware spoilers.
    spoilers:
    So it's been leaked: Kitty breaks off the wedding with Colossus. We don't yet know why, but it looks like it'll be explained in issue 30 or in X-Men Gold Annual #2. Here is the solicit info for the annual:
    X-MEN GOLD ANNUAL #2
    SEANAN MCGUIRE (W) • MARCO FAILLA (A)
    COVER BY DJIBRIL MORISSETTE-PHAN
    VARIANT COVER BY EMA LUPACCHINO
    Your favorite X-Man KITTY PRYDE just made the biggest decision of her tumultuous romantic life, but what set her on that course? Before Peter, Peter, or…Peter, there was Kitty’s FIRST kiss! Hugo and Nebula Award-winning writer Seanan McGuire (InCryptid, October Daye, Wayward Children series) and artist Marco Failla (MS. MARVEL, ALL-NEW WOLVERINE, Harley Quinn) reveal the secrets of young Kitty’s summer at Camp Maplebrook in a story with more teen mutant angst and camp hijinks than can be contained in a regular-sized issue! Kitty’s kept this tale to herself for years – be the first to find out why!

I know it's cliche for it to be at a summer camp, but is Marvel bold enough to make it so Kitty's first romance was with a girl? Could Claremont's wish to have Kitty be a lesbian/bisexual become a reality? Is this the reason why she calls the wedding off? I guess we'll see this Wednesday, or if not, the annual in August.
    end of spoilers

If it ain't on the page then it doesn't count. Obviously Claremont decided against making Shadowcat gay because he you know didn't have it happen in any issue that he wrote. How many issues did he write?

If marvel does not make is move now it is better for shippers to give up there will be no better opportunity.

And yet expect as much noise as Bobby and Bendis did.

What a time to be alive!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    If it ain't on the page then it doesn't count. Obviously Claremont decided against making Shadowcat gay because he you know didn't have it happen in any issue that he wrote. How many issues did he write?
    In The End, Kitty and Rachel were a family with children of their own, on the page. During Mekanix, Kitty was attracted to Shan and they nearly kissed, on the page.

Chris Claremont already did it.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    In The End, Kitty and Rachel were a family with children of their own, on the page. During Mekanix, Kitty was attracted to Shan and they nearly kissed, on the page.

Chris Claremont already did it.
    In the future doesn't count. That type of story always ends up being alternate realities. And no Claremont didn't.

BANNED

In the future doesn't count. That type of story always ends up being alternate realities. And no Claremont didn't.
    The End was 616 at that point in Reload. That was a direct variation on 616 Kitty.

Mekanix was pure 616.

Bisexual canon.

Weird how you respond to the example you can hand-wave away, but conveniently ignore MekaniX

Really makes you dink

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Come on do you not eat cake from the hand of your same-sex friend in that fashion? Some posters will say that is perfectly normal^^

Some posters here are forgetting that this is from the 80s and the Mystique and Destiny scenes were as far as they could show same-sex relationships. And yes during his run Claremont showed a lot of subtext like this. I mean I read the Mystique and Destiny scene of them coming out of the same room during the night with ten and I knew that they were more than friends^^

Storm and Yukio is another example. One of many...
    It was already explained that that was Sat-yr-9 impersonating Courtney and that her powers allow her to channel her psychic powers through her eyes to force others to submit to her will.

I didn't think much about the upcoming X-Men Gold Annual when the August solicits were solicited, but now the description and the author are big signs that are hard to ignore. According to this online interview, Seanan McGuire describes herself as "pansexual" and the characters from many of her award winning books were queer/asexual/bisexual/pansexual. It's not hard to assume why Marvel would recruit such an author to write about Kitty's first kiss at summer camp.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I didn't think much about the upcoming X-Men Gold Annual when the August solicits were solicited, but now the description and the author are big signs that are hard to ignore. According to this online interview, Seanan McGuire describes herself as "pansexual" and the characters from many of her award winning books were queer/asexual/bisexual/pansexual. It's not hard to assume why Marvel would recruit such an author to write about Kitty's first kiss at summer camp.
    She’s also mentioned Kitty and Magik were coded queer.