Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Uncanny X-Men by Hickman

X-Men by Christopher Priest

X-Force by Ed Brisson or Gerry Duggan

X-Factor by Kelly Thompson

New Mutants by G.Willow Wilson

Wolverine by Ed Brubaker or Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Kelly Thompson just said Psylocke, Storm and Jubilee will be in Mr and Mrs X #1... maybe that's what JDW was referring to, and not a new teambook.
    https://1979semifinalist.tumblr.com/...utback-x-women
    $#!%&(@){?}!!!!!!!

How dey do dangle dem carrots. I want that d@mn team book JDW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    X is an abomination. I would rather they had just brought back Xavier as he was. I don't even like the guy, but he was better than the creation of Astonishing. I'm concerned that Soule is going to get one of the X-Men titles. I could see him writing a team book with X & Wolverine. I'm really not a fan of most of his X-Men work, so I'd rather he wasn't given another X-Men title.
    I don't know. I kind of like the idea of X. But then, I think I find the whole thing amusing for reasons other people don't. I mean, Charles Xavier zipping around in his new, young body with his hip one-letter codename. It all feels like some kind of weird, mutant version of a midlife crisis. I bet ten to one odds he gets a new young girlfriend and a sports car too.

Me, I want the ex-students to take over the book as X-Men for a while. You know, all the New Mutants and Generation X age people. I know they're never really going to be the "next generation of X-Men" but if the senior X-Men disappeared for a while, they'd make for a nice interim team. Then, some of the character stuff could be about how weird it is being a young adult who grew up among the X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I don't know. I kind of like the idea of X. But then, I think I find the whole thing amusing for reasons other people don't. I mean, Charles Xavier zipping around in his new, young body with his hip one-letter codename. It all feels like some kind of weird, mutant version of a midlife crisis. I bet ten to one odds he gets a new young girlfriend and a sports car too.

Me, I want the ex-students to take over the book as X-Men for a while. You know, all the New Mutants and Generation X age people. I know they're never really going to be the "next generation of X-Men" but if the senior X-Men disappeared for a while, they'd make for a nice interim team. Then, some of the character stuff could be about how weird it is being a young adult who grew up among the X-Men.
    I find it ironic that the purpose of Astonishing was to bring back Xavier and yet it didn't really do that? He's not recognizable as Xavier and doesn't act like him either. He seems to have inherited Fantomex's arrogance when taking his body, which is hardly a redeemable quality. I don't get why they essentially reshaped two characters in order to create someone new. I don't even think Xavier is valid or necessary anymore, but X just seems stupid as hell. And you're probably right- I just hope he keeps his creepy hands away from Jean & Emma.

If not their own titles, I think an amalgamation of the New Mutants/Gen X could work. Moost of them aren't even being used right now, and the ones that are (Illyana, Rahne +Tabby) in New Mutants Dead Souls are wrapping soon. But yeah, some combination of Dani Moonstar, Magik, Wolfsbane, Cannonball, Sunspot, Jubilee, Chamber, Monet, Husk, Boom-Boom and Mondo would be cool. Hell, maybe turn their stories into ones focusing on the school, and have New X-Men guest stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Uncanny X-Men by Hickman

X-Force by Ed Brisson or Gerry Duggan

Wolverine by Ed Brubaker
    Yes, please. To these three for sure.

With the new solicitations announcing that Old Man Logan and the Maestro Hulk are to meet again and that everyone's convinced that Old Man Logan will end at issue#50, I propose that since it was established that the Maestro has a dimension-hopping machine he stole from the Dr. Doom of his world that instead of returning to the Wastelands, he and Old Man Logan will travel the Marvel Multiverse as a sort of Odd Couple/Good Cop Bad Cop team with each arc being something completely different. Perhaps it could be called "Marvel Team Up: Old Man Logan and the Maestro" or something more creative.

Astonishing Member

I find it ironic that the purpose of Astonishing was to bring back Xavier and yet it didn't really do that? He's not recognizable as Xavier and doesn't act like him either. He seems to have inherited Fantomex's arrogance when taking his body, which is hardly a redeemable quality. I don't get why they essentially reshaped two characters in order to create someone new. I don't even think Xavier is valid or necessary anymore, but X just seems stupid as hell. And you're probably right- I just hope he keeps his creepy hands away from Jean & Emma.
    It would probably be stupider to bring Xavier back and do the same old thing with him. I mean, this has to be like his fifth resurrection anyway. And I'm not going to weep for the loss of Fantomex. He was a broad parody of the "gentleman thief" character type created by Morrison because of how much he disliked Gambit. And not a particularly funny parody either.

If not their own titles, I think an amalgamation of the New Mutants/Gen X could work. Moost of them aren't even being used right now, and the ones that are (Illyana, Rahne +Tabby) in New Mutants Dead Souls are wrapping soon. But yeah, some combination of Dani Moonstar, Magik, Wolfsbane, Cannonball, Sunspot, Jubilee, Chamber, Monet, Husk, Boom-Boom and Mondo would be cool. Hell, maybe turn their stories into ones focusing on the school, and have New X-Men guest stars.
    Please not a school book.

Please PLEASE not a school book.

It's been three times already that they turned the younger members into teachers (New Mutants vol. 3, Young X-Men and Generation X vol. 2). I know people loved that latest version of Generation X, but I muddled through it for Jubilee. I just can't take those kids and their problems seriously anymore. I don't know if it's because I can't get attached after seeing a bunch of these kids get killed off (Wallflower, Icarus, those poor kids on the bus, etc). I don't know if it's that I'm too old to relate. I don't know if maybe it all just looks the same after a while. The only exception I might accept is if they went full comedy with a school book. Because the last X-Men school book I actually enjoyed was Jason Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men. That book just embraced the absurdity of the whole situation.

BANNED

It would probably be stupider to bring Xavier back and do the same old thing with him. I mean, this has to be like his fifth resurrection anyway. And I'm not going to weep for the loss of Fantomex. He was a broad parody of the "gentleman thief" character type created by Morrison because of how much he disliked Gambit. And not a particularly funny parody either.
    I didn't even want Xavier back. The X-Men have outgrown him, and Charles has proven his morals are often compromised (ironic, given how much he chastised Magneto). But I think I'd still prefer Xavier over X, whose origin is stupid as hell. They've essentially just stuck Xavier in a younger body, with a couple new powers and some newfound arrogance. I'm not going to pretend to have liked Fantomex either, but meshing together two not-so-great characters is not the solution. I'm going to die if it turns out one of the new titles is a Charles Soule team book led by X

Please not a school book.

Please PLEASE not a school book.

It's been three times already that they turned the younger members into teachers (New Mutants vol. 3, Young X-Men and Generation X vol. 2). I know people loved that latest version of Generation X, but I muddled through it for Jubilee. I just can't take those kids and their problems seriously anymore. I don't know if it's because I can't get attached after seeing a bunch of these kids get killed off (Wallflower, Icarus, those poor kids on the bus, etc). I don't know if it's that I'm too old to relate. I don't know if maybe it all just looks the same after a while. The only exception I might accept is if they went full comedy with a school book. Because the last X-Men school book I actually enjoyed was Jason Aaron's Wolverine and the X-Men. That book just embraced the absurdity of the whole situation.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the school titles. It's a natural progression for the students to become the teachers and mentors too, given they had similar upbringings. And youth-centred titles are supposed to be exactly that- focusing on the youth. Anyway, there a bunch of great characters living at the school and I'd be fine with that being a focus on one of the new books. As for Aarons WatXM, I think that's widely the least-liked title focusing on the students at Xaviers

BANNED

X is the kind of character Hickman would love.

Astonishing Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with the school titles. It's a natural progression for the students to become the teachers and mentors too, given they had similar upbringings. And youth-centred titles are supposed to be exactly that- focusing on the youth. Anyway, there a bunch of great characters living at the school and I'd be fine with that being a focus on one of the new books. As for Aarons WatXM, I think that's widely the least-liked title focusing on the students at Xaviers
    Don't you think it's maybe a little ridiculous for Jubilee to play mentor to Quentin Quire when they're both supposed to be the same age?

And WatXM is the least liked here on CBR where there's actually a bit of an echo chamber effect when it comes to opinion. It might be more liked elsewhere.

BANNED

Don't you think it's maybe a little ridiculous for Jubilee to play mentor to Quentin Quire when they're both supposed to be the same age?

And WatXM is the least liked here on CBR where there's actually a bit of an echo chamber effect when it comes to opinion. It might be more liked elsewhere.
    It's hard to gauge ages of comicbook characters, but even if Jubes + Quire are roughly the same age, it still makes sense for her to be a mentor given she's had far more experience as an active membe of the X-Men.

And idk, it's been echoed on Twitter at least. I guess you could argue that's still only one circle, but I think WatXM was kinda empty and a lot of the characters in use were unnecessary. I mean, I came to be fond of a couple of them (Shark Girl for instance), but I would much rather the New X-Men had gotten some panel time.

Incredible Member

Hmmm. Hickman revived Banshee... he might be the best chance to have Cassidy on a team again.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    Hmmm. Hickman revived Banshee...
    Are you sure about that?

It was Remender in Uncanny Avengers.

Incredible Member

Damn. It was Remender; ty.