Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Character ages in the New 52

So I was wondering if there was any place or individual people who have been able to figure out the ages of characters in the New 52. Or if maybe we should start trying to compile a "guesstimate" master list here based on what's in the books and what the creators have said.

List
    Batman/Bruce Wayne: 28-32
    Superman/Clark Kent: 27
    Wonder Woman/Diana Prince: 23
    Cyborg/ Victor Stone: 22
    Barry Allen: Mid 20's*
    Green Arrow/Oliver Queen: Mid 20's*

Dick Grayson: 21
    Barbara Gordon: 21
    Helena Wayne: 21
    Karen Star: 21
    Kara Zor-El: 16
    Wally West: 12
    Damien Wayne: 10
    Last edited by Trigger; 07-22-2014 at 08:50 PM.
    -______
    |____.._|
    -.(-.O-.)
    ..____Ż|
    -ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    So I was wondering if there was any place or individual people who have been able to figure out the ages of characters in the New 52. Or if maybe we should start trying to compile a "guesstimate" master list here based on what's in the books and what the creators have said.
    Stated on Page, we know that Wally West is 12, Damian Wayne is eleven and Wonder Woman is 23.

Other than that, Barry Allen has to be at least on his late 20's, early 30's.

I cant tell where exactly, but i think i read that Bruce was 25 during 'Zero year'.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    I cant tell where exactly, but i think i read that Bruce was 25 during 'Zero year'.
    I don't know if that right. It would make Bruce 31 now and much older than the other heroes. Though in Batman/Superman Kal did say that Bruce was older. So maybe it's true.

That does sound about right, actually. He indeed is a handful of years older than his counterparts this time around. A lot people here reference Superman as 27. I take their word for it but I can't remember where it was confirmed.

BANNED

I'd rather someone explain what wall of reality Superboy must have punched through for a simple change in the timestream to cause things like Wally West being so much younger than his contemporaries like Kyle Rayner.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That does sound about right, actually. He indeed is a handful of years older than his counterparts this time around. A lot people here reference Superman as 27. I take their word for it but I can't remember where it was confirmed.
    He's possibly 28 by now.

(he was 22 in Morrison's Action, I believe, so just add five/six years)

Dick Grayson, Barbara Gordon, Helena Wayne and Powergirl are all 21.

Pretty much everyone is in their 20s or younger.

Batman and Superman both kinda had "zero years". They were active for a while before Justice League: Origins. So both have been around for about 6 years.
    But it depends if DC counts the time between now and the start of the New 52 as 1 year gone by. A lot has happened. If thats the case both Supes and Bats have been around for about 7 years at this point.

So Batman is 31, Superman 28/29, Cyborg and Wonder Woman 24, and Dick Grayson and contemporaries (Roy, Babs etc.) are 21.

I hope Ollie is a little older than the rest of them or at least Bruce's age. I've always loved GA as the cantankerous older guy.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-22-2014 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Batman and Superman both kinda had "zero years". They were active for a while before Justice League: Origins. So both have been around for about 6 years.
    But it depends if DC counts the time between now and the start of the New 52 as 1 year gone by. A lot has happened. If thats the case both Supes and Bats have been around for about 7 years at this point.

So Batman is 31, Superman 28/29, Cyborg and Wonder Woman 24, and Dick Grayson and contemporaries (Roy, Babs etc.) are 21.

I hope Ollie is a little older than the rest of them or at least Bruce's age. I've always loved GA as the cantankerous older guy.
    I don't know GA seems a lot younger than most other heroes in New 52 like around mid 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I don't know GA seems a lot younger than most other heroes in New 52 like around mid 20s.
    Actaully he had just gotten back from the island during Batman's Zero Year. There was an issue of GA that had a Zero Year crossover. So he's been around for about 6 or 7 years like Batman and Supes.

Actaully he had just gotten back from the island during Batman's Zero Year. There was an issue of GA that had a Zero Year crossover. So he's been around for about 6 or 7 years like Batman and Supes.
    Yeah I know, I just mean he just seems younger to me. Did they say how old he was when he got to the Island?

Well, the new 52 Green Arrow timeline seems kind of fussy. If I remember correctly Olie was 2 years on the island. However when he got there is not clear. He was a party animal who wasn't living up to his responsibility but he could have been anything between 18 to early twenties. The drinking age in the US is 21 however rich and famous people has been know for underage drinking. If he was 18 when he got on the island he would be 20 when he got back plus 6 years after zero year that would make him 26. BTW has DC stated that there went a year from the new 52 started to now? If not it is only 5 years since Olie returned to the Island making him 25. However Olie can be anything from the mid twenties to early thirties. It suits him best to be in his early thirties. It all depends on when he went to the island.
    Last edited by Tupiaz; 07-22-2014 at 09:01 PM.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poroto678 View Post
    I thought Bruce was 23 when he returned in ZY. May be wrong, though.