Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor #2

BANNED

That art...............

Also did Domino pull the stick out of Kitty's ass and put it in her own when nobody was looking?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

ugh that art is atrocious lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I don't know what bothers me the most, the art or the coloring.

Def wish it was Bachello art!

The art is still miles better than Pinna. And in these two pages Jubes has about ten times the dialogue she had in all of issue #1. I just hope Zub doesn’t regress her after her development under Strain’s pen. That “OMG whadda we do?” line doesn’t bode well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Art is terrible. But the story looks interesting.

How are the 3 weakest members going to save the 3 strongest members?

Hopefully, Jubilee gets her chance to shine.

All the Asian X-Men seems to be put on the back burner.
    Last edited by jalsrix; 06-22-2018 at 04:00 AM.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

I guess I should be happy that Jubilee gets more dialogue and we can see her ‘powers’ more this issue...
    But since when does Jubilee seem that doubting? Looking back at her last time in Madripoor in 1989-1990... she dealt with assassins while handcuffed, fended off The Hand, and took out a huge chunk of Mandarin’s mansion in order to help rescue Wolverine and Psylocke.. that was in her earliest appearances. She was responsible for taking out Sabretooth when he attacked the mansion, Sauron when he knocked out all the other ‘more powerful’ X-Men, Emplate on numerous occasions.
    You mean to tell me she is going to regress and whine to Kitty about “what are we gonna do?” Don’t forget she and Kitty teamed up to fight brainwashed Psylocke, Rogue, Jean, etc in Wolverine #125.
    Ugh!

At least they threw in that line about Shogo so we know he didn’t up and get retconned.

BANNED

So wolverine taught her it was ok not to kill someone....

Who the hell taught her it WAS ok to stick her phased hand through someone's body and threaten to impale them or leave them half stuck into a wall?!

The art is bad, the story has very little to do with Wolverine...just another Marvel money maker

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    I guess I should be happy that Jubilee gets more dialogue and we can see her ‘powers’ more this issue...
    But since when does Jubilee seem that doubting? Looking back at her last time in Madripoor in 1989-1990... she dealt with assassins while handcuffed, fended off The Hand, and took out a huge chunk of Mandarin’s mansion in order to help rescue Wolverine and Psylocke.. that was in her earliest appearances. She was responsible for taking out Sabretooth when he attacked the mansion, Sauron when he knocked out all the other ‘more powerful’ X-Men, Emplate on numerous occasions.
    You mean to tell me she is going to regress and whine to Kitty about “what are we gonna do?” Don’t forget she and Kitty teamed up to fight brainwashed Psylocke, Rogue, Jean, etc in Wolverine #125.
    Ugh!

At least they threw in that line about Shogo so we know he didn’t up and get retconned.
    Exactly!! Jubilee is not a whiny "can't do" attitude kind of character! It's pretty much in her name. Out of the 3 of them I would think Jubes would be coming up with a plan of action.

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    You mean to tell me she is going to regress and whine to Kitty about “what are we gonna do?”
    “It’s the Kitty Show, with very special guests...EVERYBODY ELSE!”

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post

Somedays, i really love this forum.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post

Oh great now next time they go to space I'm going to think "PIGS! IN. SPAAAAAAAAACE!"

I'm glad they acknowledged that it was uncharacteristic to have lost all their heavy hitters so quickly and easily. Hoping a good reason is given. And I do hope we'll still SEE those captured teammates and that they let Jubilee shine a little bit here. Don't need the Kitty show again.

So I am assuming these events are prior to Gold #30 since Logan is going to have that cameo, though I suppose it doesn't have to be the case.

The art, it's not my favorite . . . But I can appreciate it. Very stylized, sharp, and heavy. I suppose it fits the heavy mood of this series. It is difficult to tell characters apart at times though if not for outfits, especially with all the similar hair styles.