Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default HeliX - Hellion and X-23 Apprectiation

Well, we've got other ship threads, so may as well start one for this OTP.

So to get the ball rolling, who do you want to write their makup and Relationship Upgrade?

After the work Kelly Thompson did on Rogue and Gambit, and the fact Kelly demonstrated a good grasp of the character in her solo appearance in Hawkeye, I'd actually make her my first choice.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Well, we've got other ship threads, so may as well start one for this OTP.

So to get the ball rolling, who do you want to write their makeup and Relationship Upgrade?

After the work Kelly Thompson did on Rogue and Gambit, and the fact Kelly demonstrated a good grasp of the character in her solo appearance in Hawkeye, I'd actually make her my first choice.
    Are you sure Kelly Thompson is the best one while I appreciate her plan to include both Laura and Julian in West Coast Avengers I mean she wrote Laura like a gossipy bird brain in that one unless she has done her homework or Laura is just not the type of character she's good at i don't see her doing it. I would prefer Yost and Kyle to be the ones to do it. Or you based on your X-Force pitch. I could certainly have a go at it myself. Still I'm not entirely opposed to what i saw in Kelly Thompson's Rogue and Gambit book would be cool if she transposed that on to Laura and Julian except Julian while flirtatious he isn't exactly Gambit level flirtatious.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 06-23-2018 at 11:47 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Are you sure Kelly Thompson is the best one while I appreciate her plan to include both Laura and Julian in West Coast Avengers I mean she wrote Laura like a gossipy bird brain in that one unless she has done her homework or Laura is just not the type of character she's good at i don't see her doing it. I would prefer Yost and Kyle to be the ones to do it. Or you based on your X-Force pitch. I could certainly have a go at it myself. Still I'm not entirely opposed to what i saw in Kelly Thompson's Rogue and Gambit book would be cool if she transposed that on to Laura and Julian except Julian while flirtatious he isn't exactly Gambit level flirtatious.
    Another idea I'd had was Jubilee, Mercury, Megan, and Kiden all take Laura out clubbing for her 21st. Either completely by chance (or because Cessily decides to meddle) Julian and Santo happen to be there, too. The meeting gets awkward, since while things have thawed a bit since her mother's funeral, they're still not on great terms. Megan quietly asks what the deal is, and Jubes and Cess fill her in on the gruesome details. Hilarity then ensues when the mutants are attacked by some bigots (I visualize a panel of Megan freaking out in the back, but Laura and her friends just look BORED at the idea of fighting regular jerkass flatscans who don't even have powered armor, or high-powered weaponry. Laura then dryly notes every time she goes clubbing she ends up in a fight). During the course of the fight Laura and Julian demonstrate just how effective they are as a team via TK fastball special, and using their powers together to wipe the floor with the guys who attacked them. Laura notes she REALLY needed to burn off the tension over the awkward reunion with Julian.

The group has to skedaddle when the police are called in response to the fight, eventually all breaking up to head home. Julian awkwardly offers to walk Laura home. They get into an argument outside her apartment, with Laura, halfway in, insisting he keep his voice down since Gabby is asleep inside. It continues to get heated, waking Gabby up, who angrily shoves Laura out of the apartment and locks the door behind her, snarking for them to either kiss and make up or beat each other up. Laura is annoyed. Julian finds it hilarious. And that just sparks more arguing. But the tension is broken, and next thing we know they're kissing.

Next morning, Gabby wakes up and heads to the bathroom, only to find the door locked. She knocks, irritably reminding Laura they only have the one bathroom and she's got to GO. She gets impatient, and picks the lock...

...only to walk in on Laura and Julian in the shower together. Gabby beats a hasty retreat when Laura tells her to get out (but takes a peek around the door after she's out, at which point Laura throws a bottle of shampoo at her).

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Another idea I'd had was Jubilee, Mercury, Megan, and Kiden all take Laura out clubbing for her 21st. Either completely by chance (or because Cessily decides to meddle) Julian and Santo happen to be there, too. The meeting gets awkward, since while things have thawed a bit since her mother's funeral, they're still not on great terms. Megan quietly asks what the deal is, and Jubes and Cess fill her in on the gruesome details. Hilarity then ensues when the mutants are attacked by some bigots (I visualize a panel of Megan freaking out in the back, but Laura and her friends just look BORED at the idea of fighting regular jerkass flatscans who don't even have powered armor, or high-powered weaponry. Laura then dryly notes every time she goes clubbing she ends up in a fight). During the course of the fight Laura and Julian demonstrate just how effective they are as a team via TK fastball special, and using their powers together to wipe the floor with the guys who attacked them. Laura notes she REALLY needed to burn off the tension over the awkward reunion with Julian.

The group has to skedaddle when the police are called in response to the fight, eventually all breaking up to head home. Julian awkwardly offers to walk Laura home. They get into an argument outside her apartment, with Laura, halfway in, insisting he keep his voice down since Gabby is asleep inside. It continues to get heated, waking Gabby up, who angrily shoves Laura out of the apartment and locks the door behind her, snarking for them to either kiss and make up or beat each other up. Laura is annoyed. Julian finds it hilarious. And that just sparks more arguing. But the tension is broken, and next thing we know they're kissing.

Next morning, Gabby wakes up and heads to the bathroom, only to find the door locked. She knocks, irritably reminding Laura they only have the one bathroom and she's got to GO. She gets impatient, and picks the lock...

...only to walk in on Laura and Julian in the shower together. Gabby beats a hasty retreat when Laura tells her to get out (but takes a peek around the door after she's out, at which point Laura throws a bottle of shampoo at her).
    Wow that's one quick way to reconcile I thought you would go for the slower approach and I see you transposed the argument sequence from your X-Force pitch on to this one. Looks pretty awesome.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Wow that's one quick way to reconcile I thought you would go for the slower approach and I see you transposed the argument sequence from your X-Force pitch on to this one. Looks pretty awesome.
    However the situation gets reconciled, I don't see it happening without an argument over what happened in the Liu series. That's a big elephant in the room, and something that will have to be addressed since they both handled it poorly. It may not need to get ugly, but I don't see it being a quiet chat over drinks, either.

BANNED

I like this ship. It’s exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Incredible Member

I just love them together so much.

Still mad that they aren't anymore. Then again X-23 I haven't seen X-23 talk to Mercury in a century. I truly miss when the main character just loses all their friendships and I'm just supposed to assume they talk behind the scenes. Kinda annoying.

What is this west coast avengers thing? I can't find it. Is it that new team where Quinten Quire is a part of?
    Last edited by Tmacaoni; 06-23-2018 at 03:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    I just love them together so much.

Still mad that they aren't anymore. Then again X-23 I haven't seen X-23 talk to Mercury in a century. I truly miss when the main character just loses all their friendships and I'm just supposed to assume they talk behind the scenes. Kinda annoying.

What is this west coast avengers thing? I can't find it. Is it that new team where Quinten Quire is a part of?
    Yes. Kelly Thompson's original roster plan apparently included Hellion and X-23, but she was overruled. So instead we're stuck with more Quire.

Part of it I presume is because Taylor has Laura on XMR so she's not available for another team book. Even though who knows WHERE Red is set in the timeline, and plenty of other characters have gotten to pull double-duty.

Incredible Member

Dangit!!!!!! Even if she couldn't get X-23, she should've gotten Hellion dammit!! There is always teamup potential when it comes to Laura anyway.

Why are they always stunting Hellion's growth. Especially if Sofia was put back in the picture. Oh would the drama be intense with that windrider coming back!!

Ok

So we all know my stance on them....

but between the X-23 thread where Helix gets brought up a lot, and the Hellion thread where it gets brought up a lot....do we really need a third thread?

I don't wanna be the party pooper but somethings gotta be asked.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Ok

So we all know my stance on them....

but between the X-23 thread where Helix gets brought up a lot, and the Hellion thread where it gets brought up a lot....do we really need a third thread?

I don't wanna be the party pooper but somethings gotta be asked.
    Isn't the same case for Romy?.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Isn't the same case for Romy?.
    TO be fair....Romy just had a mini starring them, got hitched and have another book with them as the leads.

Just saiyan'
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

BANNED

Well, think of it this way: We can keep the Helix-centric stuff here rather than cluttering up their individual threads.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    TO be fair....Romy just had a mini starring them, got hitched and have another book with them as the leads.

Just saiyan'
    Wasn't the case for a long time thougth, there was at least 110 pages before if got there, not saying that this would be the same, just that i don't think that it matters much, worst case scenarion, it would be like the Wolverine/Storm thread.