Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

for cyclops my favorites were whedon and hickman.

worst was aaron. he clearly hated scott and it showed

Jubilee:

Best writers: Lobdell, Immonen, Strain, Hama, Liu

Worst writers: Austen (obviously), Bendis, Gischler, Guggenheim

On the fence: Claremont, Wood
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

For Cyclops:
    Best: Simonson, Whedon and Bendis, believe it or not. Old man really made him an interesting character even if the revolution went nowhere.
    Worst: Aaron, definitely. He hates Cyclops for whatever reason, so it's not a surprise that he writes him awfully. Gillen is also awful, I can't bring myself to like his Cyclops. Only good memory I have of this version is him telling Emma that he's not going back to school since he finally graduated.

Deadpool

Best: I really want to say Rick Remender. I think if he had more time with Wade he would have done some incredible stuff. His Deadpool was dangerous, quippy, and had a lot of heart. The body of work just isn't big enough. So.. Joe Kelly it is.

Worst: Daniel Way. Fin.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    Wolverine

Best: Larry Hama, Chris Claremont, Eric Larsen, Jo Duffy, Ann Nocenti, Kathryn Immonen, Charlie Huston, Barry Windsor-Smith, Frank Tieri, Mark Millar, and Greg Rucka.

Worst: Jason Aaron, Daniel Way, Tom Taylor, and Paul Cornell.

Cable

Best: Fabian Nicieza, James Robinson, Joe Casey, Jeph Loeb, and Robert Wienberg.

Worst: James Robinson. I know, I put him in the best, and he wrote a good Cable in the 90's. The reason I put him was he wrote last year a bad one. Funny that I only have one bad writer with Cable, lol.
    Took the words right out of my mouth with the Wolverine list.

BANNED

Magneto:

Best: Grant Morrison, Mark Millar (in Ultimate X-Men)
    Worst: Chris Claremont

Wolverine:
    Best: Greg Rucka, James Mangold
    Worst: Jeph Loeb and Daniel Way

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Storm

Best: Chris Claremont
    Worst: everyone else

Black Panther

Best: Priest

Worst: Roy Thomas
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit

Best: Fabian Nicieza, Howard Mackie, Chris Claremont, James Asmus, Marjorie Liu.

Worst: Mike Carey, John Layman, Charles Soule, Steve McNiven (lame AvX vs 2), G Willow Wilson (one of the wrost Gambit`s cameos ever).
    Actually for worst I would list Peter Milligan, hands down. He gave us Deathbit and made Remy act abusive and petty. And I've actually come around to liking Mike Carey. He gave Remy a lot of great speeches and presented him as very honorable.

I agree with your list for Best and raise you one Kelly Thompson.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Gambit

Favorite Writer... have to go with Fabian due to his body of work, but Asmus , Chris Claremont (the goat). John Bryne that wrote early on after Claremont. Mackie and Lobdell. Really enjoying Kelly Thompson's grasp of him thus far. Look forward to seeing what she does with him. But Fabian is top dog for sure.

Worst... Probably Gage? He b#%^$ him up pretty good. He gave him one good book during the AvX crossover, but that doesn't make up for turning him into a cheerleader. I don't count the bad cameos as "writing Gambit". But Willow G W didn't have a great showing of him.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 06-27-2018 at 05:56 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Actually for worst I would list Peter Milligan, hands down. He gave us Deathbit and made Remy act abusive and petty. And I've actually come around to liking Mike Carey. He gave Remy a lot of great speeches and presented him as very honorable.

I agree with your list for Best and raise you one Kelly Thompson.
    Milligan is so bad that I just forgot about him.

Love KT. I just want to read more of her Gambit so I can add her to this list

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Gambit

Favorite Writer... have to go with Fabian due to his body of work, but Asmus , Chris Claremont (the goat). John Bryne that wrote early on after Claremont. Mackie.

Worst... Probably Gage? He b#%^$ him up pretty good. He gave him one good book during the AvX crossover, but that doesn't make up for turning him into a cheerleader. I don't count the bad cameos as "writing Gambit". But Willow G W didn't have a great showing of him.
    Well, better don`t write character at all then write him in a bad cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Milligan is so bad that I just forgot about him.
    Lol that's a good thing.

For Gambit I'd agree with don for the best. Fabian followed by Asmus.

Iceman I'd say Lobdell and Carey. I really liked how he stepped up under both of them. Hard to pick a worst. Even Bendis wrote Bobby fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Iceman I'd say Lobdell and Carey. I really liked how he stepped up under both of them. Hard to pick a worst. Even Bendis wrote Bobby fairly well.
    Definitely agree with the best list. For Bobby, I'd go with Austen as a "worst". Even allowing for him going through a bad patch with his powers, he was a whiny, douchebro loser jerk during that UXM stint. Also the purple overcoat wasn't a great look.

Monet:

Best: Scott Lobdell, Peter David, G. Willow Wilson, Brian Wood, David Lapham

Worst: Larry Hama, Peter David (but not without major props for her modern revival), Marc Guggenheim