Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

I think Dr Doom would make a great husband. If a lady marries him, she gets to be a Queen AND he can fix the plumbing in the palace if it breaks down. For a gent, I think Jean Grey would be a good prospect--she'll just keep dying and coming back so you won't get bored.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I think Dr Doom would make a great husband. If a lady marries him, she gets to be a Queen AND he can fix the plumbing in the palace if it breaks down. For a gent, I think Jean Grey would be a good prospect--she'll just keep dying and coming back so you won't get bored.
    Well, Jean kinda keeps coming back after you've moved on and you're mostly happy with someone else. Frankly, I'd love to see this reversed, where Scott dies repeatedly and comes back after Jean has taken up with someone else, even to the point that she's had kids and built an otherwise happy home.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    You left out, "being constantly relegated to the bottom of his list of priorities because he's either in the lab all of the time creating AI that becomes self-aware and tries to whack you later, or he's out pursuing some monomaniacal crusade against other men in tights at all hours of the day/night leaving you to explain to the kids why Dad couldn't attend their first school play." I don't envy a woman's choices when it comes to the Marvel men.
    Ha! So true. Superhero type characters don't tend to be good life-partners. I think I would pick Nightcrawler, because he's generally written as cheerful, kind, and romantic.
    Live Faust, Die Jung.

BANNED

Well, Jean kinda keeps coming back after you've moved on and you're mostly happy with someone else. Frankly, I'd love to see this reversed, where Scott dies repeatedly and comes back after Jean has taken up with someone else, even to the point that she's had kids and built an otherwise happy home.
    Well, we're all set up to start that up now!

I had this crush on Finesse when i was teenager during the Avenger Academy days.

This days, either Mary Jane or Betsy Bradock (pre body swap).

1.Black Widow. Natasha is pretty badass.

2.Susan Storm. Probably the most underestimated person in the MU but one of the most powerful.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Well, we're all set up to start that up now!
    I don't think Marvel has the stones to let Jean marry someone else -- especially someone who isn't linked to the X-family -- and have kids. I hope beyond hope that they would, but I don't see it happening. The cynic in me says that they're still writing Jean according to their old programming which dictates that Jean is either Scott's or Logan's "property" and she'll only be able to find happiness through one of them.

The most logical choice for a marriage is She-Hulk.

Jennifer is one of a select few heroes who can "turn the powers off" so she can't accidentally kill or hurt you. Because she can turn her powers off, she is also a rare superhero who can offer her partner a semi-anonymous and safe life if you meet her early enough, before she considers going public. This also means potential for a relatively normal family as long as she doesn't hulk out while pregnant (and even if she does... well, presumably your kids would also have two forms so as long as you and Jen raised them well they'd be fine).

And her super self is kind, independent, fun, and strong-willed, and (usually) never goes into "Hulk smash" mode and start breaking everything. Her normal self is down-to-earth, sweethearted, relatable, and snarky. Either way, you're partnered with an amazing and highly intelligent woman.

And if all else fails, you're married to a nigh-invulnerable tank who is impervious to bullets and can lift buses, and if you were ever kidnapped she would use all of her resources, connections, and forms to track you down and beat the ever-living hell out of whoever took you.

As long as Bendis or Aaron aren't writing her it's hard to go wrong with She-Hulk.
    Last edited by macattack; 07-05-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    The most logical choice for a marriage is She-Hulk.

Jennifer is one of a select few heroes who can "turn the powers off" so she can't accidentally kill or hurt you. Because she can turn her powers off, she is also a rare superhero who can offer her partner a semi-anonymous and safe life if you meet her early enough, before she considers going public. This also means potential for a relatively normal family as long as she doesn't hulk out while pregnant (and even if she does... well, presumably your kids would also have two forms so as long as you and Jen raised them well they'd be fine).

And her super self is kind, independent, fun, and strong-willed, and (usually) never goes into "Hulk smash" mode and start breaking everything. Her normal self is down-to-earth, sweethearted, relatable, and snarky. Either way, you're partnered with an amazing and highly intelligent woman.

And if all else fails, you're married to a nigh-invulnerable tank who is impervious to bullets and can lift buses, and if you were ever kidnapped she would use all of her resources, connections, and forms to track you down and beat the ever-living hell out of whoever took you.

As long as Bendis or Aaron aren't writing her it's hard to go wrong with She-Hulk.
    In Slott's run, she had an inversion to changing back into her human form. She'd stay hulked out even when she was hooking up.

Shanna The She-Devil

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I think Dr Doom would make a great husband. If a lady marries him, she gets to be a Queen AND he can fix the plumbing in the palace if it breaks down.
    Don't think any of that is important for a husband.

For a gent, I think Jean Grey would be a good prospect--she'll just keep dying and coming back so you won't get bored.
    I tend to like her as a character, but her problem is that she's so boring as a person. So dying and coming back just might seem like torture. However... the vows DO state: "until death do us part."
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

oh my god that would be hilarious
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Incredible Member

Kitty Pryde.

I don't think Marvel has the stones to let Jean marry someone else -- especially someone who isn't linked to the X-family -- and have kids. I hope beyond hope that they would, but I don't see it happening. The cynic in me says that they're still writing Jean according to their old programming which dictates that Jean is either Scott's or Logan's "property" and she'll only be able to find happiness through one of them.
    I think Jean should date a regular person. Just someone with no powers. The X-Men franchise has done a **** job, in recent years, when it comes to human supporting characters. And I think Jean would be a great choice for a major X-Man dating just a regular person.

I might have her hook back up with her old college flame, Ted Roberts, now a divorcee with joint custody of a child, and a solid career as a psychologist. Have her run into him, they go for coffee and get to talking, and then they go on some dates, and you go from there. That's what I'd do.

Amazing Member

This one's easy for me. I've always had a crush on Mary Jane Watson, so there you go.