Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default Fleer Ultra X-Men 2018 cards.

There might already be a thread about these, but a search yielded nothing.

Has anyone actually seen these out in the world? They're supposed to have already been released but I don't see them anywhere. When I look online, I only see them being sold by the box for over a hundred dollars. I really just wanted to buy a couple of packs, relive some nostalgia and then go from there.

There's actually a certain irony to this. Because I remember when I was growing up in the '90s, the trading cards (as well as the toys, pogs, etc) were easier to find than the actual comics.

I saw a box for under $150, but there are only 12 packs in a box and 6 cards in a pack. The base set is 150 cards. This will be expensive to complete.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    I saw a box for under $150, but there are only 12 packs in a box and 6 cards in a pack. The base set is 150 cards. This will be expensive to complete.
    That's the thing. I'm not sure I want to complete it. If my sense of nostalgia is sated after opening a couple of packs, then I'd rather not have 10 more packs on hand.

I haven’t seen any packs either. Selling them online by the box at a steep price seems like a strange and counterproductive way to market a product. And that’s a shame, because the art seems to be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

And who doesn’t want a whole series of cards where Deadpool gives you a tour of the world?

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Oh, this is happening? Great marketing Marvel... I haven't heard about or seen any sign of this since it was rumored. But 150 for 12 packs is ridiculous. Nuh uh.

Update: yeah, I haven't found anything less than $130+ a box, rounds out to about $11 per pack. I'll pass.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 07-08-2018 at 10:27 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.