View Poll Results: Favorite X- character?

Voters
196. You may not vote on this poll
  • Professor X

0 0%
  • Jean Grey

26 13.27%
  • Cyclops

30 15.31%
  • Storm

15 7.65%
  • Wolverine

15 7.65%
  • Kitty Pryde

4 2.04%
  • Deadpool

3 1.53%
  • Emma Frost

17 8.67%
  • Cable

3 1.53%
  • X-23

8 4.08%
  • Gambit

17 8.67%
  • Rogue

14 7.14%
  • Magneto

10 5.10%
  • Apocalypse

0 0%
  • Other (please specify)

34 17.35%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

How are you going to have Apocalypse, not have Sinister? That's villain-ist. Mods, do something about this, post haste.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

I Enjoy The X-Men's Very Own Goddess: Storm

6393590-7238196608-63871.jpg

Jean is my favorite but Emma, Storm, and Laura are up there too.

Emma Frost. She is complex and if I were to vote for an efficient leader of Mutankind I would vote for her. She can be a true hero but she has what it takes to do what must be done. IŽd love her interacting with Jean (number 2 in my ranking). I think they get the best and the worst of each other and they are always so fun to read

Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Jubilation - the Great Yellow-Jacketed One.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

i stared at this for fifteen minutes trying to decide between Gambit, Jean, and X-23
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Very limited poll, so "other". Nightcrawler, Illyana and Bishop.

X-character - Deadpool

X-Man - Cyclops, Gambit, Iceman, or Colossus depending on the day

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Of the 14 you list I will rank my preference (it's too hard to select a single character out of the vastness of canon, plus the "same" character can be quite different under different writers or eras)

1. Magneto - complicated, "anti hero", tries to do what is morally right even when almost everyone thinks it's wrong, stubborn

2. Emma Frost - snarky, bitchy, sassy, likes control, cares about things but doesn't wear it on her sleeve, is mature

3. Cable - I like "AU" characters for some reason they just interest me I like time travel plots as well, and it's cool how connected Cable is to the "core" of the X-mythos

4. Jean Grey - extremely empowering character, "first claremazon", basically goes from a horrible stereotype of why women are weak and suck etc in the 60s into by far the strongest x-man there is. I like her personality more in New X-Men and the current RED than i do in the 80s XFactor or 90s Gold Team runs.

5. Kitty Pryde - quirky, sensitive, egghead, very interesting mutant ability, politically aware, cares about things, went from a comic relief/mascot role (almost like Gabby on RED) to basically one of the main leaders (even if fans are pushing back against it). Lot of great stories with her because so many authors view her as waifu material.

6. Storm - extremely important character, possibly even more crucial in terms of symbolic/inspirational representation than Jean. Can be written a bit overly regal or bland unfortunately but sometimes her personality actually comes out which is really nice. Authors seem to have tremendous trouble with utilizing her powers in a coherent way.

7. Wolverine - got me into X-Men like I'm sure is true for tons of fans. Has this innate appeal in terms of roughness, rawness, looseness, always prepared for a 'scrap'. A deeply mysterious background (well until it wasn't lol). Just like how simple basic and intuitive his powers are (even if massive power creep certainly happened over time). Unfortunately got tremendously overexposed and personality malleability occurred rendering the character pretty fundamentally broken at this point

8. Prof X - sure he is a bald old dude who uses a wheelchair. Not exactly "sexy". But hey. Voice of reason, moral clarity, grounds the stories in a thematic realism and fundamental hopefulness.

Warning: the remaining 6 I just don't care much about so i hope I don't come across rude in these descriptions

9. Rogue - LOVE early Rogue. But the character endured even worse personality malleability than Wolverine has , at least arguably. LOTS of changes/"phases" for Rogue. Including when it comes to her powers. I still think tragic Rogue who has to deal with her terrorist/criminal past, the fact her powers make her an outcast, her struggles with intimacy, is best Rogue.

10. X-23 - I like how she is basically representation for people on the autistic spectrum. Sure she comes from TV which is usually a bad thing and you can argue she is innately a derivative and unoriginal concept. And her early stories are ABSURDLY dark, like to the point it's shocking to me that so many little girls are into her because of the Logan movie I honestly hope they arent allowed to read her early comics because holy ****. But she definitely has a place in the canon and in the absence of Logan she shines pretty brightly

11. Cyclops - I know he is a big hit on this forum so I hope placing him this low doesn't offend folks. But to me he just "never did it" really. Was inherently portrayed as the 'stick in the mud', or 'square' for the longest time. Admittedly I was not actively reading comics for most of the 2000s where this guy's whole character changed radically (and IMO for the better by far). Going back and reading that does endear me to Cyke somewhat. And I certainly think Cyke being 'stanned' is at least giving Wolverine SOME competition which is a good thing. The movies totally butchered him sadly. And now he's dead in the comics as well, pretty sad end for a character that really peaked in popularity right as most folks would maybe say the X-brand overall was dipping.

12. Apocalypse - Hard for me to reconcile the two versions of this character , the "Apocalypse" versus the "En Sabah Nur" (or Evan Sabah Nur). I massively liked when they gave him an actual backstory with explanations, and humanized him at least somewhat. Just a giant purple menace is... such a dumb object, not particularly interesting. Really wish the movie developed the backstory so we could CARE and view as an actual character not just a menacing object but :shrug:.

13. Gambit - Big time character when I got into X-Men and comics but I actually never really liked Gambit. He just came across too flaky, sleazy, like a pickup artist type. A conman. Not my thing. His power is OK but it's like why does he use it in such a severely limited and underwhelming way? Character got trashed pretty hard once the romance with Rogue lost its luster. Wish we could have got that movie by FOX with him but such is life.

14. Deadpool - Not really an X-Man character for me. Have not read his solos , like at all. Did watch both films but that was only for the X-related tie-in content really. Character seems pretty obnoxious for the most part. I've been told he was a more dark serious type originally but at this point he is so "played out" and it's not actually amusing for Deadpool to just walk into any situation and scream "Chimichangas" like so many people seem to think it is...

Massive characters not in the list = Polaris, Psylocke, Legion, Frenzy, X-Man/Nate Grey, Rachel Summers/Marvel Girl/Prestige, Doug Ramsey/Cypher. I like them. And there are more of course.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Ultimate Member

From the list; Cyclops.

Favorite X-Man not on the list; Nightcrawler.

Favorite X-character who isn't an X-Man; Madrox.

Favorite mutant who isn't an X-character; oh gosh, probably someone obscure-ish, like Frenzy, Unuscione or Scaleface.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Jean Grey.
    She can be sweet and cute but she that doesn't mean she doesn't have a bone. She can kick ass when needed

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

A poll for a favourite X-Character thread? Yikes.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Kitty Litter...!

Erm... Clump?

What's our battle cry?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Cyclops.
    He's not perfect, he's not a god, he's not a saint, he's not a Hulk, he's not the most popular guy in class, he's not a nice guy, he's an introvert and insecure guy, he's afraid of losing control over his power and his life, he's so focused and monomaniacal, he's methodical and obsessive, he's highly organised, he's not always social, he's a dark pit of depression, he has trouble relating to other people: his friends, his father, his brother, his own children and the women in his life...

But he really cares about them, he cares about about each and every person on this planet, even if everyone hates him. He only wants what's best for them, even if it making him a pariah, even if it means his death. Yeah, he's a very humane man.

So yes, he's a character absolutely incredible.

Wolverine.