Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I noticed that Iceman was more than a joke during Liu’s Apocalypse Seed arc.

Most recently it was the Strain Gen X series. Made me fall in love with a lot of characters I hadn’t been. You all know Trevor and Lin from me. But Ben, Morph, and a few others I grew fond of. Now Trevorv is dead.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Morrison's run - Emma Frost.
    Morrison's Emma made me fall out of love with her, which is a shame because Gen X made me love her.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    And made me love Psylocke!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Uncanny X-Force also made me really enjoy Psylocke.
    That's great to hear guys! She really was at her best in that book. They were all very well written there.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Second Coming. Scott Summers.
    Agreed, Scott is dope.

Never cared about Avalanche...until X-Men: Evolution.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-14-2018 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    That's great to hear guys! She really was at her best in that book. They were all very well written there.
    Agreed. I really wish we got more Wade/Betsy interaction. Very very minor panel in Final Execution where Betsy asked Wade's opinion on what they should do made my heart explode. I wanted more.

The Legion book changed my mind on Blindfold. I really hated that character before but now I really dig her.

Strain’s GenX changed my mind (somewhat) about QQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Agreed. I really wish we got more Wade/Betsy interaction. Very very minor panel in Final Execution where Betsy asked Wade's opinion on what they should do made my heart explode. I wanted more.
    Same. One can only hope they can make up for this in the X-Force movie if it does get made (pretty likely) and if Psylocke is in it (enormous question mark).

Uncanny X-Force and Psylocke for me, as well. It also got me started on Deadpool.

Age of Apocalpyse by Lapman and Delatorre started me as a Jean Grey fan.
    Last edited by Sundowhn; 07-14-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Si Spurrier’s Legion run made me love both Legion and Blindfold when I had never considered them more than background characters. I’d love for him to take on another obscure X character.

Not a popular opinion on these boards but the All New X-Men/Uncanny X-Men annuals really made me like Eva Bell. For me Bendis hasn't been consistently good since Ultimate Spider-Man pre-Ultimatum but every now and then he can show that talent that made him the main man at Marvel.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

PAD's X-Factor runs made me enjoy almost every character thanks to their unique voices and roles. Till then, I hadn't care for Havok, Polaris, Strong Guy, Madrox, M or Shatterstar.

Well's TNM made me kind of come to terms with Sunspot, a character I never got along with.

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    Oh! And there was a Longshot one-shot from 1998 by DeMatteis that was a crazy trip from start to finish. It got in Longshot's head a lot more than anything previously. Highly recommend that one.
    Wow. So somebody else did read that one-shot. And liked it! I hardly believe it.

I'm so glad to hear about it. I too think this brief glimmer was a laudable effort by DeMatteis, very typical of him and his mystic ways. He indeed was the one to get closer to the former intention by Ann Nocenti --that is, Longshot (literally) as a wandering hobo, tearing to shreds fusty one-sidedness attitudes and establishment then winning every 'fool' over to come with him. I would so love to read more in this way...just getting rid of that stupid pet who nobody asked for, as well as of an excesive cheesy mood that I think spoiled the final result.

Of couse a large part of this piece's charm is due to Michael Zulli's absolutely gorgeous art. Both him and DeMatteis understood perfectly Longshot's spirit --that can be said for very few, BTW.

BANNED

Morrison/Whedon: Emma Frost, Scott Summers.
    Mike Carey: Rogue