The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

This is so bonzo dictatorial that noted racist, anti-vax/Covid-misinformation spreader, and far-right loon Jason Kenney, the former Premier who stamped all over free speech and protests, immediately resigned from his party and left politics.

...it's not 100% certain this was the reason why, but given his rather resignation letter with some very unsubtle stuff in it about how polarized politics have become - when he, himself, was one of the main instigators of this - the timing is interesting.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Saga of the Samples continues...had to track down two of the scientists personally this morning and query them.

[Me] Okay, you didn't answer the question in the email.

[Them] Oh, I thought it was decided.

[Me] *thinking* I specifically said I needed a full consensus, and when you didn't answer the emails yesterday, sent out another email mentioning both of you by name...

Small wonder I'm actually struggling with a very painful headache today....
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Four Knight of the Apocalypse: I do like Lancelot and Guinevere's interactions, and Guinevere's whole deal is nicely mysterious. Looking forward to more of that.

Fairy Tail: 100 year quest: Nicely bittersweet ending for one of the series more tragic villains.

Movie of the century right here lol
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-30-2022 at 03:04 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Well, as of yesterday I am officially 50lbs (22.68) kg down from where I was at the beginning of August. From 304 (heaviest I have ever been) to 254.

Man, the effect on my sleeping, knees, and back is……a lot, to be honest. So much better than it was.
    Congrats on the weight loss! That's great, and unlike me I'm assuming that you've actually worked for it (I too have lost weight, from 255 heaviest to 215 now, with only dietary changes [lot less carbs and sugar - diabetic] and no exercise of note, but then I'm on a lot of medications ^^; ).

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    The nineties?

Like...the nineties kind of a transition period. What the heck will they do with it? <-- maybe this is just me being old? And the nineties not looking like a lot from where I was standing?

Also, maybe it's just me, but unlike the 80's, EVERYWHERE I've seen it written? The nineties. Not 'the 90's'.
    The 90s was a hell of a decade. Clinton was playing sax, something about Granada or wherever, Batman and Gargoyles ruled animation, the music was awesome, boy bands, girl bands, the fashion is outdated now, presidents got in hot water over sex scandals instead of...everything since, I think the EU got started, Space Jam happened, beepers and pagers roamed the wilds, **** was real.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Adventure Comics Peach was a rad!

...somehow she is everything I want to be, heck yeah!
    So, the unelected Premier of Alberta has decided to go full-on fascist, creating a sovreignity law that will allow her to bypass the legislature and just ignore and amend any provincial or federal laws she decides are "harmful to Alberta's interests".

I'm sure she - a noted spreader of conspiracy theories, misinformation, racism, and other such things - will be extremely responsible with its use.

-_-
    Alberta Canada? Like legally can she actually fucking do that? Don't y'all have like governing bodies and laws above her and ****?

I just love the fact that some decide to make a movie about a rampaging bear on cocaine, and someone decided to green-lite it.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Congrats on the weight loss! That's great, and unlike me I'm assuming that you've actually worked for it (I too have lost weight, from 255 heaviest to 215 now, with only dietary changes [lot less carbs and sugar - diabetic] and no exercise of note, but then I'm on a lot of medications ^^; ).

The 90s was a hell of a decade. Clinton was playing sax, something about Granada or wherever, Batman and Gargoyles ruled animation, the music was awesome, boy bands, girl bands, the fashion is outdated now, presidents got in hot water over sex scandals instead of...everything since, I think the EU got started, Space Jam happened, beepers and pagers roamed the wilds, **** was real.

...somehow she is everything I want to be, heck yeah!

Alberta Canada? Like legally can she actually fucking do that? Don't y'all have like governing bodies and laws above her and ****?
    Goood job hoss!

It’s mostly watching what I eat (cut out drinking two energy drinks every day. Now only have two on the weekend. Also started drinking Slim Fast shakes as a replacement second meal) and walking a lot. I get 20000 + steps on low days now and 30000 + on high days.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 11-30-2022 at 04:01 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Edens Zero: Rachel gives me Edolas Lucy vibes and I love it. And we finally get an explanation regarding the origins of Cat Leaper. Also, screw those cultists to hell.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

This is so bonzo dictatorial that noted racist, anti-vax/Covid-misinformation spreader, and far-right loon Jason Kenney, the former Premier who stamped all over free speech and protests, immediately resigned from his party and left politics.

...it's not 100% certain this was the reason why, but given his rather resignation letter with some very unsubtle stuff in it about how polarized politics have become - when he, himself, was one of the main instigators of this - the timing is interesting.
    That certainly is an interesting take from Kenney, the guy who wasted taxpayer money on an energy war room, campaigned against presisng issues such as...the Gender Unicorn being taught in schools, jockeyed himself as a supporter of the Convoy occupation and courted "Wexit" separatists in the voter base while also pleading Trudeau for federal aid at the same time.

That being said, his up and coming replacement is quite the piece of work herself, especially on that separatist front.

Goood job hoss!

It’s mostly watching what I eat (cut out drinking two energy drinks every day. Now only have two on the weekend. Also started drinking Slim Fast shakes as a replacement second meal) and walking a lot. I get 20000 + steps on low days now and 30000 + on high days.
    Hey glad to hear it you're doing well. Consistency is always key, and small changes like the ones you're doing sounds like they've really have paid off.

Oh yeah, went to the doctor today. Lab results seem good, prescriptions refilled. Changed antidepressants to something for both depression and anxiety. Hoping it works better than current meds. Still wasn't able to tell the doctor what's causing the depression and anxiety, but luckily she didn't ask anyways.

Goood job hoss!

That's great, walking is the best exercise there is. I need to get back to walking more myself, but I should probably invest in a music player or something. Last time I stopped walking because I began to dread the time alone with no easy distractions (not looking for sympathy, just stating facts - I'm my own worst enemy and a good chunk of my free time is spent keeping my mind distracted so I don't think about me). Maybe something where I just copy the exercise of someone I'm watching on a screen might work better for both physical and emotional health.

Oh yeah, went to the doctor today. Lab results seem good, prescriptions refilled. Changed antidepressants to something for both depression and anxiety. Hoping it works better than current meds. Still wasn't able to tell the doctor what's causing the depression and anxiety, but luckily she didn't ask anyways.

That's great, walking is the best exercise there is. I need to get back to walking more myself, but I should probably invest in a music player or something. Last time I stopped walking because I began to dread the time alone with no easy distractions (not looking for sympathy, just stating facts - I'm my own worst enemy and a good chunk of my free time is spent keeping my mind distracted so I don't think about me). Maybe something where I just copy the exercise of someone I'm watching on a screen might work better for both physical and emotional health.
    A podcast or audio book makes the day go by better for sure.

My go-to is Graphic Audio. They do full voice cast and sound effects to some of my favorite books.

If you are looking for a podcast, Astonishing Legends is solid.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 11-30-2022 at 05:11 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Hey glad to hear it you're doing well. Consistency is always key, and small changes like the ones you're doing sounds like they've really have paid off.
    True that, hoss. Not going to lie, I really didn’t think it would work but, I figured I would try after I really struggled on our vacation in July keeping up with my family. Kind of shined a light on in, so to speak.

I will admit being able to wear my old graphic-t shirts again (that I couldn’t before due to size) is pretty great feeling.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    That certainly is an interesting take from Kenney, the guy who wasted taxpayer money on an energy war room, campaigned against presisng issues such as...the Gender Unicorn being taught in schools, jockeyed himself as a supporter of the Convoy occupation and courted "Wexit" separatists in the voter base while also pleading Trudeau for federal aid at the same time.

That being said, his up and coming replacement is quite the piece of work herself, especially on that separatist front.
    Oh, yeah. I mean, Kenney was the garbagefire Premier of Canada, even with Ford pulling his ****, and somehow Smith manages to be twice as bad and horrifying.

Did he leave because of her? Or because he really did just want out? But him and his complaining about the divisions in politics is a laugh-riot, given from whom it's coming.

I'll take your word for it. ^_^

In theory, no? But nobody has tried before, really (okay, Quebec, but they did it differently), so this one is being watched carefully to see which lines get crossed, and when. Assuming the law even passes.

...and again, this is an unelected Premier. So much for democracy.
    Why are we here?