Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    For clarity, the top tiers in Negima are casual mountain busters by about the mid point of the story.
    *wiggles hand*

Rakan does it at one point, and that's about it. Nobody else blows up a mountain in the series as far as I remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    And, like, multi-Mach speeds too IIRC? Maybe?

Like, Rakan and Negi and Eva are all scary powerful from my vague memories (never quite finished the series, got like 3/4th of the way).
    This is closer to being true yes. Negi at one point gets a power up that allows him to move at true lightning speed, and then basically everybody else who is top tier starts to hang with him at that speed, because him blitzing everybody would be boring. Sadly it left his friends in the dust from which they never really recovered.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 08-03-2022 at 02:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Hajime No Ippo: ...look, I like Ippo as much as the next reader. But sometimes his "Going all in attitude" annoys me. Like in the recent chapter we find out that spoilers:
    he actually injured Volg in their sparring match because he just went in guns blazing and the overthinking being a second part was also more annoying than funny to me.
    end of spoilers

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    *wiggles hand*

Rakan does it at one point, and that's about it. Nobody else blows up a mountain in the series as far as I remember.

This is closer to being true yes. Negi at one point gets a power up that allows him to move at true lightning speed, and then basically everybody else who is top tier starts to hang with him at that speed, because him blitzing everybody would be boring. Sadly it left his friends in the dust from which they never really recovered.
    The curse of the Shonen Supporting Cast.

Extraordinary Member

So you know how the Sandy Hook Parents are suing Alex Jones?

Well it turns out that 12 days ago, Jones' lawyer accidently sent the entire Contents of Jones' cell phone to the Lawyer of the opposing side. Note that Jones adamantly refused to share this stuff during the Discovery Process. Now, the opposing Lawyer notified Jones' Lawyer of this, because under the law he had 10 days to claim it as privelaged, and thus unusable in the trial.

Guess what Jones' Lawyer made no attempt to do?

Jones situation can be adaquately summed up by this picture

8b24be0b449268501795b2116256a3e4.jpg

Komi-san is displeased with the current WB News...
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I should have known. :V

Hmmm...

Kinda specific, I wonder how Frieren shields would do against Gene Starwind's Caster Bullets?
    They get broken in her series on a few occasions, so they’re not all-powerful even in her own world.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So you know how the Sandy Hook Parents are suing Alex Jones?

Well it turns out that 12 days ago, Jones' lawyer accidently sent the entire Contents of Jones' cell phone to the Lawyer of the opposing side. Note that Jones adamantly refused to share this stuff during the Discovery Process. Now, the opposing Lawyer notified Jones' Lawyer of this, because under the law he had 10 days to claim it as privelaged, and thus unusable in the trial.

Guess what Jones' Lawyer made no attempt to do?

Jones situation can be adaquately summed up by this picture

8b24be0b449268501795b2116256a3e4.jpg

When confronted by evidence of his lies in court, Jones actually attempted to bluff his way through it. It was painful to listen to.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I would be interested in your take on any one of my Body Warriors, but particularly The Hand. If you don't want to do him, any of the others is fine.

https://sharkerbob.blogspot.com/2020...tive-body.html
    Here you go Sharker.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

pretty much looks like this image outside of the armor. expect his business suit is dark red in color, his dress shirt is black, his shocks are black and his dress shoes are black and his hair is slicked back, no bangs. His eyes are blue in color. Oh and his face resembles that of Kurt Russell, well a 36 year old Kurt Russell.

the color scheme of his armor is dark red and black. it resembles armor that samurai wore in the Sengoku period armor specifically armor worn by the Takeda Clan. His electric gloves are designed to look like
    Yugake ( The gloves samurai wore) hover boots are designed to look like Kogake ( the foot armor worn by samurai) wings are black in color and designed to look like Tengu wings. Energy cannons are hidden in the shoulders of his armor. His energy sword is designed to look like Katana, except the blade is made of energy. the energy of the blade is red in color.

The sword is contained in a scabbard that is located on the lower right side of his armor. The scabbard is composed of a carbon shape programmable memory alloy, and the handle of his sword and his armor is composed of the same alloy. His oni mask which is dark red is also made of the same alloy. a full oni mask with two horns, and a long wild white beard. and glowing yellow eyes. His armor is designed to resemble samurai armor because he is into ancient Japanese history and the samurai.

When the gear is not in use the alloys are programmed to merge and take the form of a dark red suit jacket . Complete with a black dress shirt, black socks, black dress shoes,

Yeah, I only went with two colors for the color scheme of his armor but you can pick a third color scheme you think would fit best with the red and black color scheme.
    in case you miss this Gen.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-03-2022 at 09:24 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    *wiggles hand*

Yeah, there's Negi Fever, which is always worth posting:

Worth flagging that it's a small Japanese style mountain rather than an actual mountain-ass mountain.

In the endgame of the series, Negi is kicking around in that kind of level with his biggest lightning spells. Ku Fei has that feat where she splits a big old mesa rock formation by one-inch punching it. Fate is broadly Negi's contemporary and Eva is above both of them, we have that scene in a flashback in UQ Holder where she freezes and area on the level of around a whole town just to prove a point.

Also, speaking of UQ Holder you have Nikitis and Juuzou making nuke level explosions just to show off to Negi.

And in the final battle with Ialda, all of the main heroic cast of Negima and UQ Holder going all out made explosions that covered a significant chunk of Charon's hemisphere which is like hundreds of kilometers. The top tiers definitely be futzing about in the area of "can mess with mountains," when they go all out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah, there's Negi Fever, which is always worth posting:

Worth flagging that it's a small Japanese style mountain rather than an actual mountain-ass mountain.

In the endgame of the series, Negi is kicking around in that kind of level with his biggest lightning spells. Ku Fei has that feat where she splits a big old mesa rock formation by one-inch punching it. Fate is broadly Negi's contemporary and Eva is above both of them, we have that scene in a flashback in UQ Holder where she freezes and area on the level of around a whole town just to prove a point.

Also, speaking of UQ Holder you have Nikitis and Juuzou making nuke level explosions just to show off to Negi.

And in the final battle with Ialda, all of the main heroic cast of Negima and UQ Holder going all out made explosions that covered a significant chunk of Charon's hemisphere which is like hundreds of kilometers. The top tiers definitely be futzing about in the area of "can mess with mountains," when they go all out.
    By the end of Negima, Negi rather specifically needed rather one-sided prep and a spell that used Rakan's own power against him to have a chance. Similarly Evangaline had to give time to power up for him to stand a chance against her in a sparring match, and even then he needed Asuna and her anti-magic to help him out. Fate straight up needed a reality erasing tool to deal with Rakan.

So for my money there's still a definite gap between the tiers, with Rakan being the only one who has a straight up mountain busting feat. So I'll stick to my wiggling hand.

As for UQ Holder stuff. I always just count that as a different series from Negima where the characters and feats do jump up quite a bit, and it's a whole other timeline anyway. But sure, I'm more inclined to believe that the UQ Holder cast are mountain busters.

Extraordinary Member

So ends a romcom masterpiece!*

*I know that the manga is still going and all, but this is such a good ending.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Having a bit of an art block and need to shake the rust off.

Please reply if you want a head (maybe upper body, havent decided) sketch of an OC. I shall endeavour to do my best but, y'know, R U S T.

My DMs are unfortunately full at the moment, so please post your pertinent details here (ie: basic description, design elements, story and personality, etc).

Let's go with a modest 5 slots for now and see how it goes. Critique will be most welcome.

1. Sharkerbob: The Hand
    2. Bruceleegreyhulk: The Red Oni
    3. Nik Hasta: Geetha
    Think I'll throw one in here. Hope this isn't too shitty of a description lol

Halcón de Caza. A space pirate. Around seven or so feet tall in height. Appearance wise he looks like a sort of robotic Zorro...the uh swashbuckling one lol. Covered head to toe in crimson futuristic looking armor with a few symmetrical tron lines across his body and face that glow green. His eyes glow green as well and are surrounded by a black visor similar looking to DCAU Amazo. He's also got a Zorro hat, made from the same material as his armor.

On his left side, he's got a half cape, crimson also with gold trimmings and in his right hand, he holds a rapier, crackling with green energy. Personality-wise, he's a bombastic swashbuckling pirate type. More in it for the adventuring and Robin Hooding than the pillaging. Though, he might occasionally do that too, depending.

A good comparison for the general look I'm thinking of would be Colt from Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs lol....anyone remember that one? ...Just me? ...Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    When confronted by evidence of his lies in court, Jones actually attempted to bluff his way through it. It was painful to listen to.
    The look on his face when he realizes that he's been caught committing perjury however, makes up for it.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The look on his face when he realizes that he's been caught committing perjury however, makes up for it.
    ^_^

The judge barking at him for continually interrupting her, not following instructions, and attempting to obfuscate the truth was pretty hilarious as well.

He still clearly feels he's in control, that his messaging is the important thing, that the rules don't apply to him, etc. But it's also clear that maaaaaybe the idea that he has screwed himself over is starting to sink in.
    Why are we here?