Page 46 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Not a lot actually. It had an ensemble cast feel. Amanda, Jocasta and Bethany had moments, a lot of focus on the former 2. Also the eSCAPE. Tony was in about half the pages I'd say.
    Thanks. It feels a little like other characters are getting to shine more in Tony's book that he is.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Thanks. It feels a little like other characters are getting to shine more in Tony's book that he is.
    It could just be Slott trying to establish everyone's role in the book. But I would like to read more about Tony(and Rhodey and Janet).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It could just be Slott trying to establish everyone's role in the book.
    Yeah, I don't feel like Slott is squeezing Tony out. He's just got a big story to tell, one that has a lot of players that are all moving it forward.

Today's issue was a really good one, by the way.

Something the Iron Man book has lacked historically is a strong or consistent supporting cast, so I'm more than happy to see focus spread around a group of protagonists, especially this bunch that has a lot of classic characters that don't get spotlight and newer ones with lots of potential. We are also talking about a series written by one of the longest running Spider-Man writers, a franchise heavily dependent on the supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Something the Iron Man book has lacked historically is a strong or consistent supporting cast, so I'm more than happy to see focus spread around a group of protagonists, especially this bunch that has a lot of classic characters that don't get spotlight and newer ones with lots of potential. We are also talking about a series written by one of the longest running Spider-Man writers, a franchise heavily dependent on the supporting cast.
    I have to disagree with you on saying Iron Man has historically lacked a strong cast. There have been many runs were the cast was shown and fleshed out by the writers.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Can someone post spoilers please lol? I can't wait until I get the book this weekend.

Can someone post spoilers please lol? I can't wait until I get the book this weekend.
    spoilers:
    It’s launch day for eSCAPE. You’ve seen the panel with Amanda being concerned about Tony and their relationship.

We see people in eSCAPE and one kid is swearing a lot when it’s supposed to be a family space. He gets booted, but the way he gets booted is by “Arsenal” coming and attacking him.

Back in his room, the kid is pissed as he keeps trying to get back on.

There’s some panels with Jocasta, who had a full night’s rest in the virtual world but neglected to charge her internal battery in the real world. She will not be running optimally that day.

There’s a flirty panel with Tony and Jan.

Tony asks his crew to share their concerns, and among them are Amanda asking for time to catch up…on his launch day (lol what). Tony says he’d love to, but thousands of users are getting booted from eSCAPE and are pissed.

He tells her, “I’ll deal with you later,” and the terminology irritates her.

Tony enters the eSCAPE. Bethany says she likes that users are getting booted, so only decent people are left. There’s a panel with whatever has been in control of her speaking to her, telling her to give him access.

Aaron Stack shows up and has a boom-box a la “Say Anything.”

Jocasta is clearly off.

Andy helps Amanda enter eSCAPE.

Tony is shown there, concerned about what’s going on. Amanda tries to talk to him about their issues. He tries to explain something is wrong and they’ll talk later.

“Arsenal” thinks Tony has a problem with Amanda and tries to boot her. Tony tries to prevent it, but the program isn’t listening to him. He tries to get Amanda to leave. Amanda doesn’t get his concerns and thinks it’s just a game.

The system is upset at Tony trying to shut things down. Arsenal attacks Tony and he is hurt for real, which shouldn’t be happening.

Amanda is booted, and in real life she’s having convulsions.

All the players that were ejected are being sent back in…and can be hurt for real.

The initial booted boy is shown again. The Controller meets him, although the boy is without his armor, and lets him in eSCAPE’s “back door.”
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    spoilers:
    It’s launch day for eSCAPE. You’ve seen the panel with Amanda being concerned about Tony and their relationship.

We see people in eSCAPE and one kid is swearing a lot when it’s supposed to be a family space. He gets booted, but the way he gets booted is by “Arsenal” coming and attacking him.

Back in his room, the kid is pissed as he keeps trying to get back on.

There’s some panels with Jocasta, who had a full night’s rest in the virtual world but neglected to charge her internal battery in the real world. She will not be running optimally that day.

There’s a flirty panel with Tony and Jan.

Tony asks his crew to share their concerns, and among them are Amanda asking for time to catch up…on his launch day (lol what). Tony says he’d love to, but thousands of users are getting booted from eSCAPE and are pissed.

He tells her, “I’ll deal with you later,” and the terminology irritates her.

Tony enters the eSCAPE. Bethany says she likes that users are getting booted, so only decent people are left. There’s a panel with whatever has been in control of her speaking to her, telling her to give him access.

Aaron Stack shows up and has a boom-box a la “Say Anything.”

Jocasta is clearly off.

Andy helps Amanda enter eSCAPE.

Tony is shown there, concerned about what’s going on. Amanda tries to talk to him about their issues. He tries to explain something is wrong and they’ll talk later.

“Arsenal” thinks Tony has a problem with Amanda and tries to boot her. Tony tries to prevent it, but the program isn’t listening to him. He tries to get Amanda to leave. Amanda doesn’t get his concerns and thinks it’s just a game.

The system is upset at Tony trying to shut things down. Arsenal attacks Tony and he is hurt for real, which shouldn’t be happening.

Amanda is booted, and in real life she’s having convulsions.

All the players that were ejected are being sent back in…and can be hurt for real.

The initial booted boy is shown again. The Controller meets him, although the boy is without his armor, and lets him in eSCAPE’s “back door.”
    end of spoilers
    WOW! Thank you for the very detailed spoiler. I'll be picking my up on Saturday and will give my thoughts on the issue then.

First time I've not hated Tony's new mother. Really liking the Bethany Cabe/Controller storyline, always loved that guy.
    Some good gags in the e-scape stuff. I've played a lot on online games that have kids exactly like that SilverCenturion guy who got booted.
    What is up with Jocasta though hmmmm?

Saw the new Wreck it Ralph movie tonight. Iron Man has two blink-and-you-miss-it appearances. I know at least one was in the trailer. Not sure if the second one was, but it's just a few minutes after the moment in the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It could just be Slott trying to establish everyone's role in the book. But I would like to read more about Tony(and Rhodey and Janet).
    Yeah it's important to establish strong supporting characters. Michelinie and Fraction did the same and top villains.

It can only make Tony better.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

This is great. RDJ and Stan The Man Lee together is just all kinds of awesome. Thanks for the share.

"Read the lines, don't trip over the furniture." Totally using that as every day motivation.