Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
If it makes you feel better, Archie dropped the ball with Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man too. They were both actually pretty good books, but they didn't care. Archie's Sonic was weird, but fun. Sonic went to IDW and Mega Man is at Boom now I think. I wish they'd just sell the Crusaders to IDW, they could use a cape book instead of just sitting on them. There was Afterlife with Archie, which was a good zombie book, but I think it only lasted one trade. Archie has a tendency to start books and never finish them, I hate that. Or announce books that never happen, Like "The Web" that was supposed to be their answer to Ms. Marvel. Or books that are needlessly convoluted like the female Shield.

Coates on Superman...arrgh. If they use Val-Zod or Calvin Ellis I won't know how to feel. Coates has a penchant for deconstruction, and well, "subverting machismo" by writing "hyper masculine" characters like Black Panther, Captain America, and now Superman. I just wish he'd stick to nonfiction.
Well given the reaction to the previous movies, it's unlikely they'll let him go that route.