Page 458 of 828 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 12411

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Out of all the Queens why Anne Boleyn? Wasn't she the worst one? Henry the 8th got excommunicated because of her, he had to start his own church just so he could get a divorce from Catherine and then she was beheaded for not giving him a son.
    Celebrating this casting is weird. It's like Bridgerton, people are celebrating black people being the royal imperialists this time.
    Now when we see Black people show up on VIKINGS, then we'll know for certain that there's a secret Illuminati of executive producers plotting to shake things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Now when we see Black people show up on VIKINGS, then we'll know for certain that there's a secret Illuminati of executive producers plotting to shake things up.
    I found a show on PBS last night that is basically the fever dream of a divestor. It's called The Long Song. It's set in Jamaica, shortly after slavery is abolished. This woman named July is entering a love triangle with a white abolitionist and her former mistress, played by Hayley Atwell. July did have a black love interest, but he was killed, they had a child together but he was left at the doorstep of a church. I have to see how this pans out. If this show were on netflix instead of pbs it would probably get a lot more attention.

I found a show on PBS last night that is basically the fever dream of a divestor. It's called The Long Song. It's set in Jamaica, shortly after slavery is abolished. This woman named July is entering a love triangle with a white abolitionist and her former mistress, played by Hayley Atwell. July did have a black love interest, but he was killed, they had a child together but he was left at the doorstep of a church. I have to see how this pans out. If this show were on netflix instead of pbs it would probably get a lot more attention.
    When you said that the baby's father was killed, for some reason I was sad and angry. And isn't there another show about slavery(seems to be all the rage nowadays) on the Oprah channel? It's called Underground or something.

When you said that the baby's father was killed, for some reason I was sad and angry. And isn't there another show about slavery(seems to be all the rage nowadays) on the Oprah channel? It's called Underground or something.
    Not sure, I cut the chord 3 years ago. I only saw The Long Song because of an ad on my Roku homescreen.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What I find funny about Carano's firing is that the people who are pissed over it are the same ones who couldn't stand her character before.

https://brookietf.tumblr.com/post/64...t-of-star-wars
    Exactly this. They were all crying about how "woke" it was to add her to the cast, but since then she's expressed some "conservative" views they want to pretend she's their girl.

By the way, where were these guys when Disney fired James Gunn? Did they not care care because he used to make fun of Trump?

Extraordinary Member

Some folks yearn for the days when they could say anything with zero repercussions.

These same folks were around, and had the power to cancel those who expressed views they despised. I'm sure these same folks were happy when Warner Brothers pulled the song "Cop Killer" from Body Count album (a rock group with vocals from Ice T) back in the day.

I posted a while back about Terence Trent D'Arby being cancelled over comments he made comparing his emerging talent (at the time) to other iconic artists.

Historically, BIPOC always had to watch what they expressed, or fear some kind of cancellation by the white male majority.

Now, some folks are upset that a wide power base exist with the means to cancel them. They underestimated this base, and the power they wield.

As stated by MOS, folks wanna cry victim because they can't intentionally offend others, and walk away unscathed.

Well damn, welcome to the rest of the human race!

Gina should have expressed these views while she was still MMA (she could have, but I don't follow that sport). Drawing that kind of controversy might put extra money in her pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

Gina should have expressed these views while she was still MMA (she could have, but I don't follow that sport). Drawing that kind of controversy might put extra money in her pocket.
    She was basically the only female fighter.

She was just the hot chick who knew muy thai lol.

then she ran into Cyborg, got murdered, and pretty sure she was done after that and started "acting"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Some folks yearn for the days when they could say anything with zero repercussions.

These same folks were around, and had the power to cancel those who expressed views they despised. I'm sure these same folks were happy when Warner Brothers pulled the song "Cop Killer" from Body Count album (a rock group with vocals from Ice T) back in the day.

I posted a while back about Terence Trent D'Arby being cancelled over comments he made comparing his emerging talent (at the time) to other iconic artists.

Historically, BIPOC always had to watch what they expressed, or fear some kind of cancellation by the white male majority.

Now, some folks are upset that a wide power base exist with the means to cancel them. They underestimated this base, and the power they wield.

As stated by MOS, folks wanna cry victim because they can't intentionally offend others, and walk away unscathed.

Well damn, welcome to the rest of the human race!

Well, when you try to compare yourself to persecuted Jews during the Holocaust because you can't say mean things, you come off sounding like a dumbass.

It ain't like the "good ol'" days when you could wear your hateful views with pride.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    She was basically the only female fighter.

She was just the hot chick who knew muy thai lol.

then she ran into Cyborg, got murdered, and pretty sure she was done after that and started "acting"
    She should have gone to the WWE. She could be as hateful as she wanted there. And she could also act.

Extraordinary Member

I think mom was watching that show the other day. We don't get many TV shows about the Jamaican Slave Uprisings. As for the rest of it...

...the Author of the Book the show is based on was ( she passed away 2 years back) Biracial Jamaican/Jewish-British if I remember correctly.

That might explain some things. Or not. I only got to see bits and pieces of the first part ( and thought I had come in on the middle).

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Pretty sure she comes from money, so she's gonna be just fine.

I just hope I dn't have to see her in anymore movies. She just can't act, that is the biggest crime of all lol

LOL I guess that is fair
    She just announced that she's going to be doing a movie that's backed by The Daily Wire which is a right wing news outlet headed by conservative pundit Ben Shaprio.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    She just announced that she's going to be doing a movie that's backed by The Daily Wire which is a right wing news outlet headed by conservative pundit Ben Shaprio.
    I think we're going to see a lot more of that. There's always going to be a place where like-minded individuals find a home.

Invincible Member

I think we're going to see a lot more of that. There's always going to be a place where like-minded individuals find a home.
    Well, there's been people putting out specifically conservative and religious movies for a number of years now. The "God's Not Dead" and "Left Behind" series...all these things that Kurt Cameron and Kevin Sorbo's been making...they fly just under the radar, but some are quite successful.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that per se, but instead of making movies about family values, I guarantee you Shaprio's going to just put out lower budget version's of typical Hollywood fare. They already put out one called "Run Hide Fight" and are promoting it as Die Hard in a High School. I'm like wait, you said you don't like liberal Hollywood yet you're ripping them off...

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Well, there's been people putting out specifically conservative and religious movies for a number of years now. The "God's Not Dead" and "Left Behind" series...all these things that Kurt Cameron and Kevin Sorbo's been making...they fly just under the radar, but some are quite successful.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that per se, but instead of making movies about family values, I guarantee you Shaprio's going to just put out lower budget version's of typical Hollywood fare. They already put out one called "Run Hide Fight" and are promoting it as Die Hard in a High School. I'm like wait, you said you don't like liberal Hollywood yet you're ripping them off...
    ... wow, one year of Covid lockdown is enough to make people forget how school shootings had been the biggest issue for ... well, at least the first three years of that last guy's presidency?
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    ... wow, one year of Covid lockdown is enough to make people forget how school shootings had been the biggest issue for ... well, at least the first three years of that last guy's presidency?
    It has ALWAYS been an issue. However folks want to CASH in on it.

How many Boys in the Hood or black slavery movies have we had? Lifetime has made a fortune off of crazy white woman killing folks or being wrong by a man with Fabio's hair.

There is money to be made.

And when you get folks like the Shapiros-they TWIST those movies to fit an agenda.

I am sure the bad guys in that movie will be POC probably Muslim or variation of BLM or something to that take.

I suspect they did not like hearing the TRUTH. The man who discovered Prince-said Prince would not exist in today's climate. He would never get a shot.
    And that is backup by others who have said we have gotten to a point LOOKS not talent matters.
    One of my church members tried out for Sunday Best and got told he was too fat to be on the show. He's about Cedric the Entertainer's size.

It's sad I have to go to Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row or certain NBA 2K games to hear better music than the radio.

What does Megan the Stallion do? Or Lizzo? With folks trying to cancel her for trying to lose weight.