Page 459 of 828 FirstFirst ... 359409449455456457458459460461462463469509559 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,885 of 12408
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    She should have gone to the WWE. She could be as hateful as she wanted there. And she could also act.
    Hold on they have cut some folks over comments. However they try to do quietly. 3 just got cut and 1 taken off of tv over comments.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    ... wow, one year of Covid lockdown is enough to make people forget how school shootings had been the biggest issue for ... well, at least the first three years of that last guy's presidency?
    I'm a little surprised that we haven't gotten more. I mean, I'm aware of a couple of movies that were loosely inspired by Columbine, and they treated the subject seriously, but there's always someone out there looking to do a sensationalistic version in order to cash in.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It has ALWAYS been an issue. However folks want to CASH in on it.

How many Boys in the Hood or black slavery movies have we had? Lifetime has made a fortune off of crazy white woman killing folks or being wrong by a man with Fabio's hair.

There is money to be made.

And when you get folks like the Shapiros-they TWIST those movies to fit an agenda.

I am sure the bad guys in that movie will be POC probably Muslim or variation of BLM or something to that take.

I suspect they did not like hearing the TRUTH. The man who discovered Prince-said Prince would not exist in today's climate. He would never get a shot.
    And that is backup by others who have said we have gotten to a point LOOKS not talent matters.
    One of my church members tried out for Sunday Best and got told he was too fat to be on the show. He's about Cedric the Entertainer's size.

It's sad I have to go to Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row or certain NBA 2K games to hear better music than the radio.

What does Megan the Stallion do? Or Lizzo? With folks trying to cancel her for trying to lose weight.
    They're white kids, but they're misfit white kids who like social media. The leader smokes cigarettes and the girl wears a leather jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They're white kids, but they're misfit white kids who like social media. The leader smokes cigarettes and the girl wears a leather jacket.
    They're living the thug life in Mayberry.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    This is the opposite of misfit and extremely basic.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Big-up to my guy Ray Fisher, it takes a brotha. If that dirtbag Wheadon would pull up on a pregnant woman, a pregnant white chick and not for nuthin' the coldest acteess in that whole cast imo, then Ray was MOST DEFINITELY was gettin that ol' bullshit from Wheadon. Fisher was prolly tight everytime he had to even hear from dude. ****, I been there, when your praying, literally, to catch a muthafka in the street on the strength. Tshhh, that aint no way to wake up in the morning.
    Can’t be better said

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    She was basically the only female fighter.

She was just the hot chick who knew muy thai lol.

then she ran into Cyborg, got murdered, and pretty sure she was done after that and started "acting"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well, when you try to compare yourself to persecuted Jews during the Holocaust because you can't say mean things, you come off sounding like a dumbass.

It ain't like the "good ol'" days when you could wear your hateful views with pride.
    Folks need to be honest, and just say so. They don't want to be called a bigot, but they feel the need to express bigoted sentiments.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Some folks yearn for the days when they could say anything with zero repercussions.

These same folks were around, and had the power to cancel those who expressed views they despised. I'm sure these same folks were happy when Warner Brothers pulled the song "Cop Killer" from Body Count album (a rock group with vocals from Ice T) back in the day.

I posted a while back about Terence Trent D'Arby being cancelled over comments he made comparing his emerging talent (at the time) to other iconic artists.

Historically, BIPOC always had to watch what they expressed, or fear some kind of cancellation by the white male majority.

Now, some folks are upset that a wide power base exist with the means to cancel them. They underestimated this base, and the power they wield.

As stated by MOS, folks wanna cry victim because they can't intentionally offend others, and walk away unscathed.

Well damn, welcome to the rest of the human race!

Gina should have expressed these views while she was still MMA (she could have, but I don't follow that sport). Drawing that kind of controversy might put extra money in her pocket.
    Colin Kapernick pretty much lost everything and was totally cancelled.

The right kept totally quiet about it. I’m still old enough to remember Sinead O’Connor losing her entire career for tearing a picture of the Pope on SNL or more recently The Dixie Chicks getting their careers absolutely shitcanned for attacking George W.Bush.

Let’s be clear about something, the American Right pretty held a monopoly on cancelling people for decades now. The difference now is the shoe is on other foot. That’s why a lot of people are totally dismissing the whole cancel culture discussion, it’s nothing new except now it’s happening to conservative people that were previously considered untouchable. Gone are the days when John Wayne will openly say white supremacist garbage and get away with it, say that **** today and you’ll face the consequences. That’s not to say I support digging up 10- 20 year old issues (like the absolute silliness happening with Justin Timberlake right now..seriously his relationship with Britney Spears was almost 20 years ago) but people need to understand that **** has consequences.
    Last edited by Username taken; 02-14-2021 at 12:16 AM.

Ultimate Member

I'm just reading that Jaleel White was never invited to the Emmys. In fact, he was even told to forget about Emmy consideration in its entirety.

To quote the Dave Chappelle show "this racism is killing me inside"...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    White and part Japanese, smokes cigarettes, and wears red wind breaker jacket.

Broke all barriers, straight edge rebellious.

Also I am black, I am like 1% black I am being serious. Racism is something I have had to defiantly guard against my entire life like a shield. I seriously cannot believe the prejudice I have to encounter, straight up I am black.

HBO Max Announces New Comedy Series Order from Issa Rae

https://thegrapevine.theroot.com/rap...fro-1846258041

zach synder would be "we live in a society" in a JL movie
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

https://www.cbr.com/mandalorian-peti...e-gina-carano/

There's a petition to get Don Cheadle to replace Gina Carano as Cara Dune. Why not create a new character altogether or at least get another female.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Colin Kapernick pretty much lost everything and was totally cancelled.

The right kept totally quiet about it. I’m still old enough to remember Sinead O’Connor losing her entire career for tearing a picture of the Pope on SNL or more recently The Dixie Chicks getting their careers absolutely shitcanned for attacking George W.Bush.
    I don't support the man myself but you can't keep him out and you had HOW many guys with criminals nonsense stay? Marvin Lewis has to be the greatest coach ever to put up with that mess on the Bengals.

I remember O'Conner and Dixie Chicks. Dixie Chicks lost 17 years in profit.

Lets nor forget Mahmoud Abdul Rauf. Yet Portland Jailblazers stayed in the league. Sad thing is JR Rider still has a RING. The guy his BOSS Kevin McHale said he would not leave his kids alone with.

Let’s be clear about something, the American Right pretty held a monopoly on cancelling people for decades now. The difference now is the shoe is on other foot. That’s why a lot of people are totally dismissing the whole cancel culture discussion, it’s nothing new except now it’s happening to conservative people that were previously considered untouchable. Gone are the days when John Wayne will openly say white supremacist garbage and get away with it, say that **** today and you’ll face the consequences.
    Those days are not gone. Some still find ways to make money. See some of the gators-social media opens up new venues of profit.
    Think of how much money Dixie Chicks could have made off of Onlyfans if it was around in 2003.

That’s not to say I support digging up 10- 20 year old issues (like the absolute silliness happening with Justin Timberlake right now..seriously his relationship with Britney Spears was almost 20 years ago) but people need to understand that **** has consequences.
    Like what was done to Redjack-STILL? If it is not Hal Jordan fans, it's X-Men fans doing it. He is not saying anything OTHERS have said in the past.

Coates trashed Black Panther. Didn't the former head of DC take shots at Teen Titans and 2 former Batgirls? How many times were we (among others) were told to shut up about that?

Then when they become the kids who star in movies like Bully or ANY school shooting movie-folks WONDER how did it start.

They're living the thug life in Mayberry.
    And they be the MAIN ones shocked that they can't drop the N word or act scared of any black kid walking by them in college.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Sure, but the movie paints normal people as the rural folks who go deer hunting and what not. These kids with their black hair and their cell phones and apps are a menace!