Page 462 of 828 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472512562 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 12408

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    @Nate Grey. There are fans who legit believe that Kylo used the force to get Rey pregnant before he died. I make a lot of bad jokes on this thread, I wish that was one of them.
    He was a horrible human being who killed children and imagined his dad forgiving him to absolve him of his evil deeds. Someone like that shouldn't breed under circumstance, even via, um, a "force baby."

But as long as its not the black guy, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think with Anakin, you have the "tragic back story" and then you have a decade? of him being a great Jedi general... and then he falls.

The biggest problem with the prequels is that they didn't make his "fall" feel tragic. George wasn't good enough of writer or director. Starting him as a kid in Phantom Menance was a huge mistake.

Ben on the other hand has... ?????? Dude just chose to be emo lol. I am sure the comics on casual reads made him more sympathetic, but the movies just went "darkness in him, oh no Luke had a momentary lapse, EVIL TIME"
    Yeah he had a tragic background(most good villains do), but Ani killed kids, force choked his wife, tortured his daughter(he didn't it it at the time), maimed his son(he didn't know it at the time) and was a participant in the destruction of an entire planet along with countless millions slaughtered that we didn't see. If Vader went to hell it would be a vacation for him.

Ben was that kid who rebelled against his parents and went goth. But his track record of villainy is nothing compared to grandpa's.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah he had a tragic background(most good villains do), but Ani killed kids, force choked his wife, tortured his daughter(he didn't it it at the time), maimed his son(he didn't know it at the time) and was a participant in the destruction of an entire planet along with countless millions slaughtered that we didn't see. If Vader went to hell it would be a vacation for him.

Ben was that kid who rebelled against his parents and went goth. But his track record of villainy is nothing compared to grandpa's.
    Starkiller base killed muliple planets, no?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

And always marvelled at the situation "hey man!.."I ain't time for this **** man"...."Lord have mercy'!!
    Lol, ban yourself. Two words, Steve mfkn James (RIP). That's three I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

These same folks were around, and had the power to cancel those who expressed views they despised. I'm sure these same folks were happy when Warner Brothers pulled the song "Cop Killer" from Body Count album (a rock group with vocals from Ice T) back in the day.
    Facts.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Sad thing is JR Rider still has a RING. The guy his BOSS Kevin McHale said he would not leave his kids alone with.
    Wait what lol. Uuum, I will say that Isiah had a handful of shady moments. Him being passed out on the weed on video and gettin' roasted by 40 was a tough look.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Revenge of the Sith came out when I was in high school, I got into an argument in with this girl in my french class who was upset that Anakin turned and was burned up on mustafar. I tried to explain that that's what was supposed to happen, that Vader's suit was a life support system, but she wasn't having it.
    Funny story. I took my daughter(pre-teen at the time) to see The Phantom Menace when it first came out. So we now have a thing where we wait and see the next Star Wars movie together. Well we couldn't go together to see Rogue One so she went to see it on her own. She loved the movie so much that she told a friend of hers how good it was and asked when will the sequel come out. I told her how dare she embarrass her father like that! Know you Star Wars history girl!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Starkiller base killed muliple planets, no?
    Oh yeah, but Vader has decades of killing on Ben. We have to read the novels just to get a grasp of what he's done.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Can someone explain to me why people think pairing Finn with Rey was more revolutionary than pairing him with Rose? Black guy/white girl relationships are about as safe as you can get when it comes to interracial relationships in Hollywood and black/Asian interracial relationships aren't exactly common in media.
    I’ve actually seen plenty of arguments that white girl + black guy romances are still shockingly uncommon in Hollywood films; the reverse is more accepted, as are any combination of minorities, but even extremely popular black actors tend to find their romantic interests are either non-white actresses or subtle and stilted enough to arguably not qualify as actual romances. There’s an argument that unless challenging racism is major goal of the production, Hollywood generally falls back on still trying to make sure that white women end up with white guys.

There’s a Cracked After Hours video that makes that’s argument using Will Smith and Denzel Washington from the heights of their careers: https://youtu.be/ftm5r_bFIU8

But for a more specific argument, here’s the real issue with the way the Sequel Trilogy handled Finn, Rey, Rose, and Kylo - the interplay between those characters, especially in TLJ became about demoting Finn in favor of Kylo as a male lead, and part fo that was in making sure that Kylo would be the romantic male lead, while consigning Finn to a Token Minority Couple with Rose.

Honestly, the biggest issue with Rose in story is that she seems like a blatant overreaction caused by a panic attack for LFL and Rian Johnson at having Rey focused on Finn instead of Kylo - that whether the relationship was platonic or not, and whether LFL was racist or just simply over-invested in the Adam Driver, their biggest goal for Finn in TLJ was getting him away from Rey and putting Kylo in his spot.

Rose is a waste of Kelly Marie Tran’s clear skills, charisma, and chemistry with Boyega... and likely because Johnson didn’t care about her or Finn as characters, but in pulling Finn away from Rey and the spotlight; he himself has voiced apathy he had towards his story ideas for them, and I’d say Boyega’s ire towards TLJ is because of how clearly in hindsight you can see TLJ wanted to neuter his character’s place in the story. Rose’s problem as a character is that she’s designed to drag Finn down to supporting character level with her - I wouldn’t doubt her lack of interesting character traits or accomplishments is a deliberate attempt to use Fonn’s relationship with her to drag him down. Jannah in TROS is more clearly designed to try and elevate Finn’s story... but Boyega and others have heavily suggested LFL stepped in and tried to cancel any ambition Abrams had for the character in TROS.

...And to be blunt, it’s hard to avoid the feeling that TLJ especially is trying to argue Rey is better off being abused and further denigrated by the Neo-Nazi School Shooter who tried to Mind Rape her than she is exchanging dialogue with her black best friend, and TROS suffered more from pretending TLJ did something positive with that than it did from introducing Jannah and relegating Rose to a minor role.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

https://www.cbr.com/mandalorian-disn...rano-petition/

There's a petition going around to rehire Gina Carano on The Mandalorian.

It would be amusing if they hired her back and made her a Storm Trooper.

https://www.cbr.com/transformers-tes...son-like-lead/

"Looking for a lead in the mold of Tessa Thompson."

I'm not exactly sure what that means. Do they want someone who looks like Tessa? Do they want someone who is a woman? Do they want someone who is a woman of color? Do they want someone with her physical build?

Why not ask Tessa Thompson? Then they could cover all the bases.

I'm not exactly sure what that means. Do they want someone who looks like Tessa? Do they want someone who is a woman? Do they want someone who is a woman of color? Do they want someone with her physical build?

I think it means they want someone like Tessa who they don't have to pay as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Fair enough.

Spears wasn't really attacked for cheating on/or being accused of cheating on Justin. It's been a while but I don't remember anyone attacking Spears for Cry Me A River.
    Well there was that time Diane Sawyer, during an interview, gave Britney flack for "breaking Justin's heart" and then shared a quote from the at the time First Lady of Maryland about how she wanted to shoot Britney.

I think it means they want someone like Tessa who they don't have to pay as much.
    Okay, I know a Kessa Khompson who looks exactly like her! She'd be perfect!

But seriously why even bring up Tessa, just say you're looking for a lead actress in the next installment of Transformers.

They want a lighter skin mixed women who is probably younger & who they can pay a lot less..

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    They want a lighter skin mixed women who is probably younger & who they can pay a lot less..
    Speaking in code they are.

Speaking in code they are.
    Hopefully, we don't get any creepiness like a grown man carrying a license to explain why its okay for him to date a teenager.