Page 481 of 828 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491531581 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 12408
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Live action Powerpuff girls cast. Why?
    I DEMAND they pull an “Alita” and digitally expand their eyes to foglight proportions!

Ultimate Member

I've not cared about the Powerpuff Girls since their original series.

It's been watered down to dullness since then.

But for the live action movie, I dunno... I think some stuff just works best as animation.

I thought the poewr puff girls were like 10 years old or something? I've seen like 2 episodes my whole life, but I thoght they were.... girls. Not women?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I thought the poewr puff girls were like 10 years old or something? I've seen like 2 episodes my whole life, but I thoght they were.... girls. Not women?
    This show is about them in their 20s.

Yeah, it's that kind of adaptation.

When I see things like this I can't help but ask myself "Who wants this? Who asked for a live action adaptation of the powerpuff girls as disillusioned 20-somethings?" I get that nostalgia is a powerful drug but this is getting ridiculous. This is going to be a CW show, so it could either be like the first few seasons of supergirl or the flash, or riverdale, riverdale sets a low bar.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    When I see things like this I can't help but ask myself "Who wants this? Who asked for a live action adaptation of the powerpuff girls as disillusioned 20-somethings?" I get that nostalgia is a powerful drug but this is getting ridiculous. This is going to be a CW show, so it could either be like the first few seasons of supergirl or the flash, or riverdale, riverdale sets a low bar.
    Exactly this.

The charm of the show was the girls being as "young as they are doing what they were doing".

Outside of those trappings, I don't find it appealing at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This show is about them in their 20s.

Yeah, it's that kind of adaptation.
    I'm sure I saw a comedy sketch about them as adults or teens and not they are doing it.

But even the parody I remember seeing wasn't live action it was animated.

I don't know how they are going to pull this off. Even as a joke.

What I am imagining is something like Pee Wee's Playhouse or LazyTown but ironic. Or more Ironic in PeeWee's case.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I've not cared about the Powerpuff Girls since their original series.

It's been watered down to dullness since then.

But for the live action movie, I dunno... I think some stuff just works best as animation.
    They're going to be edgy, emo and endearing.

And I will make a hard pass on this one.

Michael B Jordan is gonna be directing Creed III

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    about a 99% chance he storms off to a different channel for more money right?
    A few years back, he was in the states, tried to be big time, but crashed & burned.

Some folks need to stay in their lane.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Live action Powerpuff girls cast. Why?
    I used to watch the original series with my niece, when she was a little. I was a full time uncle back then. The show was pretty funny. Buttercup was her favorite.

I think the real point of interest is if & how the supporting characters & villains will be presented (Ms. Bellum, HIM, & Mojo Jojo).

My niece is grown now. I might see if she has any interest in this.

Ultimate Member

NOBODY.

However when you are trying to be CHEAP and not pay someone for what they created-you dig into what you have rights to and hope for the best. Even if it means using the name and images for something else.

Like how Jem movie was really Hannah Montana movie with more girls.

Or in this case this is the Green Arrow all girl spinoff using the Power Puff Girls and cast CHEAPER actresses. Or in this case stealing Marvel actresses (2 of them were on Agents of Shield).

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NOBODY.

However when you are trying to be CHEAP and not pay someone for what they created-you dig into what you have rights to and hope for the best. Even if it means using the name and images for something else.

Like how Jem movie was really Hannah Montana movie with more girls.

Or in this case this is the Green Arrow all girl spinoff using the Power Puff Girls and cast CHEAPER actresses. Or in this case stealing Marvel actresses (2 of them were on Agents of Shield).
    What are they stealing? These actresses aren't property of Marvel. I didn't hear anyone accusing Marvel of stealing DC actors when Laurence Fishburne appeared in Ant-Man and the Wasp or when Christian Bale got cast in Eternals.

Invincible Member

The CW advertisers, that's who!