Page 483 of 828 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493533583 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 12411

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Elmer Fudd had a gun, he doesn't in the new looney tunes cartoons, it created a bruhaha on twitter (what doesn't these days) they could have just made him a bow hunter instead of running around with a scythe.
    Elmer, Yosemite Sam even Goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    And now it looks like they've cut Pepe Le Pew's scene from Space Jam 2.
    The actress who was doing the “harassed woman” said she regretted it: it could have been educational for young women as an example of bad behaviour…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Mighty Member

When I see things like this I can't help but ask myself "Who wants this? Who asked for a live action adaptation of the powerpuff girls as disillusioned 20-somethings?" I get that nostalgia is a powerful drug but this is getting ridiculous. This is going to be a CW show, so it could either be like the first few seasons of supergirl or the flash, or riverdale, riverdale sets a low bar.
    The Winx Club toddler animation series about fairies was adapted into a serious live action series on Netflix called Fate: The Winx Saga.....released last month and it was pretty good.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...?ocid=msedgntp

Candice Owens says that Meghan Markle isn't Black enough to be a victim of racism.

I guess Candice saw that Stacy Dash was getting headlines and decided that nobody is going to take her "Miss Stupid Conservative" crown away from her. Nobody!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Candice Owens says that Meghan Markle isn't Black enough to be a victim of racism.

I guess Candice saw that Stacy Dash was getting headlines and decided that nobody is going to take her "Miss Stupid Conservative" crown away from her. Nobody!
    Candace married a Brit, so she probably taking it personally.

I just lol at the various times I have read that Stacy is still not invited to the cook out.

Honestly, I find it refreshing that no black males are involved in any of the shenanigans featuring Meghan, Stacy, and Candace.

Eat your heart out, Tyler Perry.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

I just lol at the various times I have read that Stacy is still not invited to the cook out.

Honestly, I find it refreshing that no black males are involved in any of the shenanigans featuring Meghan, Stacy, and Candace.

Next year, Perry will have a show about a mythical royal family with Black/biracial members. He's just mad Bridgerton beat him to it.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

This isn't really a conservative vs liberal thing, there are Black people who would agree with Candace. I don't see why Meghan would lie about something so personal though.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Hennepin County District Judge Peter Cahill has reinstated a third-degree murder charge against the former Minneapolis police officer accused of killing George Floyd.

Cahill granted the request from prosecutors to reinstate the charge after the former officer, Derek Chauvin, failed to get the state Supreme Court to block it.

Chauvin, who knelt on Floyd's neck for about nine minutes May 25, is already charged with second-degree murder, which carries a maximum sentence of 40 years, as well as second-degree manslaughter. The third-degree murder charge carries a maximum sentence of 25 years.

Cahill dismissed the charge last fall because he believed that the circumstances of Chauvin's case did not fit, but an appellate court ruling in an unrelated case established new grounds for it days before jury selection started. Cahill ruled at the time that a third-degree murder charge under Minnesota law requires proof that someone's conduct was "eminently dangerous to others," not just to Floyd.

Cahill said Thursday that he is now bound by a ruling, stemming from a recent decision involving the conviction of former officer Mohamed Noor, which stated that third-degree murder can be applied to acts directed toward a single person.

"I am granting the motion because although these cases are factually different — that is Noor and the case before us — I don't think it's a factual difference that weighs in favor of denying the motion to reinstate," Cahill said.

Cahill said a legal principal had been established as precedent: "When the intent is directed at a single person, then third-degree murder may apply. Single acts directed at a single person fall within the gambit of murder in the third degree."
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...arged-n1260662

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

Credit to Perry where it is due, he provided security to Meghan and Harry when the Royal Family wouldn't.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    This isn't really a conservative vs liberal thing, there are Black people who would agree with Candace. I don't see why Meghan would lie about something so personal though.
    The thing is, some of the things that Meghan said were factually wrong. Well, one thing actually.

Primarily that her son wasn't a prince because he wasn't pure white. That just isn't true, he could only become a prince once William becomes King. As for the rest of Harry and Meghan's claims, I understand her BUT:

1. Harry was born into the royal family and knows their protocols. The institution is pretty much set-up to support one person and one person only- the Queen In this equation, no one else matters and I mean that literally. This is even more so the case with Harry because he's nowhere near the throne- it's Charles, then William and then William's son. So, Harry for one shouldn't really act shocked at what's happened particularly when his mother was Princess Diana. Meghan was literally allowed to leave the castle only twice in two years or something, the same thing happened with Diana and Harry should have been well aware of this and at least prepared Meghan for some of this.

2. When you get married to "a big family" and I don't just necessarily mean the royal family of the UK, ANY BIG FAMILY, you need to do your research. Marrying into these kinds of families come with all sort of conditions that someone outside of their social circle will struggle with. That's the just way it is.

3. The Queen and her husband might not necessarily be racist but let's be very clear and honest here......we are talking about the United Kingdom here...the country responsible for the colonization of dozens of countries around the world. Racism within that institution is pretty much a given and I even remember some years ago there being a scandal around Harry himself calling some Pakistanis a derogatory term (the Queen probably snuffed that out because we are just finding out how powerful the Queen of England really is).

Now, I'm not saying that Meghan didn't have a hard time but not everything she said in that interview should be taken at face value.

That being said, Candice has become a real life "Uncle Ruckus". She has no point about Meghan not being black enough to be a victim of racism. That's ridiculously stupid considering that people who even look totally white like jewish people have been discriminated against. Her POV is so extreme that it veers into parody. And she's so hopelessly uninformed that T.I (yes, that T.I) pretty much schooled her in a "debate".
    Last edited by Username taken; 03-12-2021 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Folks will lie about things where the lie makes no sense to regular folks all of the time though.

Not like this would be the first, or even seventieth, time someone had lied about something where someone couldn't see why they had.

(Which Is Not To Say That She Is Indeed Lying...)

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The thing is, some of the things that Meghan said were factually wrong. Well, one thing actually.

Primarily that her son wasn't a prince because he wasn't pure white. That just isn't true, he could only become a prince once William becomes King. As for the rest of Harry and Meghan's claims, I understand her BUT:

1. Harry was born into the royal family and knows their protocols. The institution is pretty much set-up to support one person and one person only- the Queen In this equation, no one else matters and I mean that literally. This is even more so the case with Harry because he's nowhere near the throne- it's Charles, then William and then William's son. So, Harry for one shouldn't really act shocked at what's happened particularly when his mother was Princess Diana. Meghan was literally allowed to leave the castle only twice in two years or something, the same thing happened with Diana and Harry should have been well aware of this and at least prepared Meghan for some of this.

2. When you get married to "a big family" and I don't just necessarily mean the royal family of the UK, ANY BIG FAMILY, you need to do your research. Marrying into these kinds of families come with all sort of conditions that someone outside of their social circle will struggle with. That's the just way it is.

3. The Queen and her husband might not necessarily be racist but let's be very clear and honest here......we are talking about the United Kingdom here...the country responsible for the colonization of dozens of countries around the world. Racism within that institution is pretty much a given and I even remember some years ago there being a scandal around Harry himself calling some Pakistanis a derogatory term (the Queen probably snuffed that out because we are just finding out how powerful the Queen of England really is).

Now, I'm not saying that Meghan didn't have a hard time but not everything she said in that interview should be taken at face value.

That being said, Candice has become a real life "Uncle Ruckus". She has no point about Meghan not being black enough to be a victim racism. That's ridiculously stupid considering that people who even look totally white like jewish people have been discriminated against. Her POV is so extreme that it veers into parody. And she's so hopelessly uninformed that T.I (yes, that T.I) pretty much schooled her in a "debate".
    Yeah, like I said earlier, it is hard to feel sorry people who walked into a beehive and got stung. Especially when they coulda walked somewhere else lol.

That doesn't mean the royal family and british people and british media didn't treat her like absolutely dogshit. People in power, common people, and media don't like seeing black people too high up. Look at how Obama and Michelle were treated here. Like absolute dogshit.

but... just makes it hard to feel sorry for her too much lol. The interview is obviously part of the "get our post monarchy money while its hot" and will likely combine with some media or book deals. Lil non prince Arthur aint going to public school lol.

and yeah... the royals have WAY more power than britain pretends they do. that type of old money runs DEEP
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah, like I said earlier, it is hard to feel sorry people who walked into a beehive and got stung. Especially when they coulda walked somewhere else lol.

That doesn't mean the royal family and british people and british media didn't treat her like absolutely dogshit. People in power, common people, and media don't like seeing black people too high up. Look at how Obama and Michelle were treated here. Like absolute dogshit.

but... just makes it hard to feel sorry for her too much lol. The interview is obviously part of the "get our post monarchy money while its hot" and will likely combine with some media or book deals. Lil non prince Arthur aint going to public school lol.

and yeah... the royals have WAY more power than britain pretends they do. that type of old money runs DEEP
    Lewis Hamilton is a 7 time world champion F1 driver. He's probably going to break Michael Schumacher's title record this year, he broke his win record last year. He's black and he's put up with a lot of racism since his karting days. F1 is the ultimate elitist rich white boy sport. His talent is undeniable, but it's kind of hard for me to root for him because he wins so much.

Lewis Hamilton is a 7 time world champion F1 driver. He's probably going to break Michael Schumacher's title record this year, he broke his win record last year. He's black and he's put up with a lot of racism since his karting days. F1 is the ultimate elitist rich white boy sport. His talent is undeniable, but it's kind of hard for me to root for him because he wins so much.
    They want black people in their lane.

Be the MVP of the NBA, one of the top 5 greatest ever easily, win championships for multiple franchises (and billionaires)... cool.

speak out about politics at all? Shut up and Dribble Lebron
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

His talent is undeniable, but it's kind of hard for me to root for him because he wins so much.
    Eh, I know of Hamilton, I also know of James Blake who was pretty good as a professional tennis player. Dudes also arguably equally as famous for getting slammed on the ground by the cops. Am I more sympathetic to Blake over Lewis Hamilton just because of his success, I'm not. No question Hamilton has been in the intentional earshot of many a N-bombs over his life just in competing, I'm not going to discount him just because he's crushing it. I love sports and those worlds are different, I'm even at a loss as to who I can comparatively parallel Lewis Hamilton. The sports outside of the major 3 (4 if you count NHL but c'mon, they have their strong biases too) is really tough to shine if you're Black. Specially when you have to factor in sponsorships and teams. Those cats like Bubba Wallace have to market themselves in a way the brothas in the NFL and NBA never have to.

I feel you though, on the basic level of rooting for a super winner lol, that's real. I've had to unclench my own personal Arthur fist on several occasions when dealing with Black New England Patriot fans... I will say Lewis Hamilton could get me to watch a piece of an F1 race in a way Schumacher never could. Big up to him.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.